Why the riots/rotests?
Does anyone who saw the video thing the lady cop intentionally killed the black guy?
I don't. I think it was totally an accident. But that doesn't mean she should not be fired or that it was not a tragic mistake. Or even get jail time.
But what it wasn't was an act of a white cop shooting a black person. I mean that the fact that the victim was black means nothing.
I remember this happening several times before, mistaking their handgun for their taser. Seems like they should have worked that out by now. Like maybe carrying one crossdraw or something.
(04-14-2021, 03:19 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I remember this happening several times before, mistaking their handgun for their taser. Seems like they should have worked that out by now. Like maybe carrying one crossdraw or something.
Nothing will ever be perfect. I have read in the past about how rools like tasers have saved countless hospital visits by perps and police. Undoubtedly without tasers a lot more people would have been killed than by accident like this.

I think I read where it has happened 18 times. Not all fatalities.
A 20+ year veteran officer and trainer knows the difference between a Taser and a Hand Gun... or she shouldn't be a police officer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I don't know why all the riots and protests either, but lately I've been feeling that it's all just some fundamental societal shift....I'm not what sure to what exactly.I haven't fully articulated this thought, but I think something along those lines. Just the way far-left liberals are talking and thinking on social media. The ones I see seem very poorly informed and lack historical knowledge and context. Very similar in a very opposite end of the spectrum as Trump is on the right. I follow a couple of the local lefty activists on FB and they seem very passionate but not terribly well rounded.
(04-14-2021, 05:27 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 03:19 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I remember this happening several times before, mistaking their handgun for their taser. Seems like they should have worked that out by now. Like maybe carrying one crossdraw or something.
Nothing will ever be perfect. I have read in the past about how rools like tasers have saved countless hospital visits by perps and police. Undoubtedly without tasers a lot more people would have been killed than by accident like this.

True. If people are involved mistakes can and will be made. We should still try to minimize our mistakes. Which is easier if there is time to pause and think through what we do. Not so much in a fast moving situation.

I'm suggesting that their side arm and their taser probably shouldn't be holstered next to each other to make muscle memory different for drawing each of them. Might not eliminate the problem but it's worth seeing if it reduces it.
(04-14-2021, 09:01 PM)Scrapper Wrote: A 20+ year veteran officer and trainer knows the difference between a Taser and a Hand Gun... or she shouldn't be a police officer.

Yep and she won't ever be again. Actually 26 years.
(04-15-2021, 11:30 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

True. If people are involved mistakes can and will be made. We should still try to minimize our mistakes. Which is easier if there is time to pause and think through what we do. Not so much in a fast moving situation.

I'm suggesting that their side arm and their taser probably shouldn't be holstered next to each other to make muscle memory different for drawing each of them. Might not eliminate the problem but it's worth seeing if it reduces it.

Which is easier if there is time to pause and think through what we do.

Right and the victim was the one who created the situation where there was no time to think.
He could have been jumping in the car to get a gun. Which IMO is why the cop should have drawn a gun instead of the taser.

I'm suggesting that their side arm and their taser probably shouldn't be holstered next to each other to make muscle memory different for drawing each of them.
They are not next to each other they are on the left and right hip.
(04-14-2021, 09:18 PM)Juniper Wrote: I don't know why all the riots and protests either, but lately I've been feeling that it's all just some fundamental societal shift....I'm not what sure to what exactly.I haven't fully articulated this thought, but I think something along those lines.  Just the way far-left liberals are talking and thinking on social media. The ones I see seem very poorly informed and lack historical knowledge and context.  Very similar in a very opposite end of the spectrum as Trump is on the right.  I follow a couple of the local lefty activists on FB and they seem very passionate but not terribly well rounded.

I totally think it's all driven by the myth that blacks are targeted by white cops. And the myth that they are shot ONLY because they are black.
NO ONE will admit that blacks WAY TOO often put themselves in these dangerous situations.Like this Daunte Wright idiot and Floyd. No one wants to argue against the myth that blacks are targeted for no reason. No one wants to admit that blacks commit more crimes.  It would be political suicide.
(04-15-2021, 02:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Right and the victim was the one who created the situation where there was no time to think.
He could have been jumping in the car to get a gun. Which IMO is why the cop should have drawn a gun instead of the taser.

I'm suggesting that their side arm and their taser probably shouldn't be holstered next to each other to make muscle memory different for drawing each of them.

I'm not a cop so I wasn't aware of that. Maybe don't holster the taser on the hip (chest rig or something, idk).

Do all police departments do that??
(04-15-2021, 04:30 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

I'm not a cop so I wasn't aware of that. Maybe don't holster the taser on the hip (chest rig or something, idk).

Yes I believe most all of them do. A right handed cop wears the taser on the left so that requires a totally different move to draw it as opposed to their pistol.
(04-15-2021, 04:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-14-2021, 05:27 PM)tvguy Wrote: Nothing will ever be perfect. I have read in the past about how rools like tasers have saved countless hospital visits by perps and police. Undoubtedly without tasers a lot more people would have been killed than by accident like this.

Yes I believe most all of them do. A right handed cop wears the taser on the left so that requires a totally different move to draw it as opposed to their pistol.

If that's true, that would make it less of an accident and more dumb ass negligence.
(04-15-2021, 06:56 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 04:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 11:30 AM)Cuzz Wrote: True. If people are involved mistakes can and will be made. We should still try to minimize our mistakes. Which is easier if there is time to pause and think through what we do. Not so much in a fast moving situation.

If that's true, that would make it less of an accident and more dumb ass negligence.
Exactly She should be and almost certainly will be charged and convicted of manslaughter.
So no reason whatsoever to riot or to assume race had anything to do with this.
And sure police could have better training but in this case I doubt that would have mattered.
1. Guilty
2. Guilty
3. Guilty

(04-20-2021, 02:42 PM)Scrapper Wrote: 1.  Guilty
2.  Guilty
3.  Guilty

Works for me. Big Grin
(04-21-2021, 02:12 PM)tvguy Wrote:
2.  Guilty
3.  Guilty

Works for me. Big Grin

Works for everyone, as far as I can tell.  Open and shut case from the beginning.
(04-21-2021, 04:01 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
2.  Guilty
3.  Guilty

Works for me. Big Grin

Works for everyone, as far as I can tell.  Open and shut case from the beginning.
Not everyone. There are still quite a few far righties how won't accept that Floyd's death was from suffocation.
IMO it was totally a contributing factor and Chauvin  was  negligent and stupid any way you look at it.
(04-21-2021, 04:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
2.  Guilty
3.  Guilty

Works for me. Big Grin

Not everyone. There are still quite a few far righties how won't accept that Floyd's death was from suffocation.
IMO it was totally a contributing factor and Chauvin  was  negligent and stupid any way you look at it.

I agree....but with all the focus on every cop shooting it's not going to be long till it's hard to even get people to join the force, wondering if "I'll be the next Chauvin."
(04-21-2021, 09:15 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 04:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
2.  Guilty
3.  Guilty

Works for me. Big Grin

I agree....but with all the focus on every cop shooting it's not going to be long till it's hard to even get people to join the force, wondering if "I'll be the next Chauvin."
  I think it's already hard. Also there have been cops murdered by people who think cops are all bad.

Still can't understand why Chauvin is such a great example of racism by white police.

Yesterday a cop shot a black teen girl who looked to me like she was seconds from stabbing another girl.
And her mother was on the news saying what a
"good" girl she was. I wonder if that will result in rioting.