Roll Call
(10-07-2021, 01:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 09:05 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 08:58 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 08:00 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 10:21 AM)GPnative Wrote: Very insidious to strip people of their fundamental right to choose what goes into their body. No one should support forced procedures or treatments for any reason. It's evil at it's core. Queue the response that no one is being forced to do anything, because you know, stripping people of their ability to work, buy, sell, travel, eat, receive medical care, etc. is not a forced hand at all Rolling Eyes
Yes, because we haven't had to prove (for decades!) that our children are vaccinated in order to attend school.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not even close to the same thing. Home school exists and exemptions exist (exemptions that don't require review and approval by some government entity) With the exception of communist California, but you still would have the choice to leave the state to a state that still abides personal freedom.

And of course those were all tried and true vaccines not this experimental rush job with zero long term data.

And of course Sweden/Denmark are stopping use of Moderna in some younger age groups for causing myocarditis. Of course, would we expect the same or even allow the questions to be raised in this country, Nope, shut up do your duty and get the shot, Or else.
OH I see just because a couple other countries have a different opinion in your mind that automatically means they are right and we are not?
He's free to move to those other countries.

Just sayin.

(10-07-2021, 08:00 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 10:21 AM)GPnative Wrote: Very insidious to strip people of their fundamental right to choose what goes into their body. No one should support forced procedures or treatments for any reason. It's evil at it's core. Queue the response that no one is being forced to do anything, because you know, stripping people of their ability to work, buy, sell, travel, eat, receive medical care, etc. is not a forced hand at all Rolling Eyes
Yes, because we haven't had to prove (for decades!) that our children are vaccinated in order to attend school.

Not even close to the same thing. Home school exists and exemptions exist (exemptions that don't require review and approval by some government entity) With the exception of communist California, but you still would have the choice to leave the state to a state that still abides personal freedom.

And of course those were all tried and true vaccines not this experimental rush job with zero long term data.

And of course Sweden/Denmark are stopping use of Moderna in some younger age groups for causing myocarditis. Of course, would we expect the same or even allow the questions to be raised in this country, Nope, shut up do your duty and get the shot, Or else.
OH I see just because a couple other countries have a different opinion in your mind that automatically means they are right and we are not?

Looking at the data and responding accordingly in order to spare children very serious side effects and who are largely unfazed by the disease is hardly an opinion.
(10-07-2021, 01:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 10:21 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 09:58 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 08:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 05:47 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: tvguy, simple question. Do you believe the science of antibody immunity, and should that be considered to be equal to vaccinated?

I believe what scientists say.
Also when 90% of the people so sick they need hospitalized are un vaccinated that alone should tell ANYONE the vaccine is working.

If you've had COVID-19 before, does your natural immunity work better than a vaccine?  
The data is clear: Natural immunity is not better. The COVID-19 vaccines create more effective and longer-lasting immunity than natural immunity from infection.
  • More than a third of COVID-19 infections result in zero protective antibodies
  • Natural immunity fades faster than vaccine immunity
  • Natural immunity alone is less than half as effective than natural immunity plus vaccination
The takeaway: Get vaccinated, even if you've had COVID-19. Vaccine immunity is stronger than natural immunity.
"Natural immunity can be spotty. Some people can react vigorously and get a great antibody response. Other people don't get such a great response," says infectious diseases expert Mark Rupp, MD. "Clearly, vaccine-induced immunity is more standardized and can be longer-lasting."
A third of infections don't get any protective antibodies
Some people who get COVID-19 receive no protection from reinfection – their natural immunity is nonexistent. A recent study found that 36% of COVID-19 cases didn't result in development of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies. The people had different levels of illness – most had moderate disease, but some were asymptomatic and some experienced severe COVID-19. 
"Vaccine-induced immunity is more predictable than natural immunity," says Dr. Rupp. The COVID-19 vaccines provide great protection from severe disease, hospitalization and death.
Natural immunity fades more quickly than vaccine immunity
Natural immunity can decay within about 90 days. Immunity from COVID-19 vaccines has been shown to last longer. Both Pfizer and Moderna reported strong vaccine protection for at least six months. 
Studies are ongoing to evaluate the full duration of protective immunity, including the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Real-world studies also indicate natural immunity's short life. For example, 65% of people with a lower baseline antibody from infection to begin with completely lost their COVID-19 antibodies by 60 days.
What about that Israeli study suggesting natural immunity is stronger? Infectious diseases expert James Lawler, MD, MPH, FIDSA, carefully evaluates the study design of the retrospective Maccabi Health System study in his Aug. 31 briefing. In the briefing, he identifies two concerning sources of error that were not corrected for: survivorship bias and selection bias.
Natural immunity alone is weak
One study compared natural immunity alone to natural immunity plus vaccination. They found that, after infection, unvaccinated people are 2.34 times likelier to get COVID-19 again, compared to fully vaccinated people. So vaccinated people (after infection) have half the risk of reinfection than people relying on natural immunity alone.
"Studies show that the vaccine gives a very good booster response if you've had COVID-19 before," says Dr. Rupp.
Furthermore, there is no country on the globe in which natural infection and natural immunity has brought the pandemic under control. In countries like Iran or Brazil very high levels of natural infection have not prevented recurrent waves of infection.  

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/covid-...accination

You certainly aren't one for yes or no questions...

And science is subjective, with many differing viewpoints.

Quote:Former Assistant Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS), Dr. and Admiral Brett Giroir: "But I think you, if you have proof of Covid infection, right now that’s still equivalent to vaccine immunity. And even The CDC recognizes that. If you’re an American coming back into this country, if you’ve had proof of a previous Covid infection, you don’t even need to be tested. So I think when businesses reopen, they ought to consider natural immunity, vaccine immunity, all equivalent to get you back in the workplace."

And for the record, in case you forgot, I did get the shot.  I am just adamantly opposed to FORCED anything.  I will fight for the rights of others who think differently than I do. It's kind of the American thing to do.

Very insidious to strip people of their fundamental right to choose what goes into their body. No one should support forced procedures or treatments for any reason. It's evil at it's core. Queue the response that no one is being forced to do anything, because you know, stripping people of their ability to work, buy, sell, travel, eat, receive medical care, etc. is not a forced hand at all Rolling Eyes

It's evil at it's core. Rolling Eyes
The vaccines have saved countless lives. You can say it's not right, it's not fair or whatever buy saying it's evil is ridiculous.

Do you actually pay attention to comments or just see what you want to see, I said forced procedures/treatments are evil, whether it is a rushed to market MRNA injection or botox or treatment for a stubbed toe. If it's forced, it's evil.
https://doctorsandscientistsdeclaration.org/

Nothing to see here... just over 10,000 doctors and scientists opinion on early treatment.
(10-08-2021, 08:27 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-05-2021, 08:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:   I believe what scientists say.
Also when 90% of the people so sick they need hospitalized are un vaccinated that alone should tell ANYONE the vaccine is working.

If you've had COVID-19 before, does your natural immunity work better than a vaccine?  
The data is clear: Natural immunity is not better. The COVID-19 vaccines create more effective and longer-lasting immunity than natural immunity from infection.
  • Natural immunity alone is less than half as effective than natural immunity plus vaccination
The takeaway: Get vaccinated, even if you've had COVID-19. Vaccine immunity is stronger than natural immunity.
"Natural immunity can be spotty. Some people can react vigorously and get a great antibody response. Other people don't get such a great response," says infectious diseases expert Mark Rupp, MD. "Clearly, vaccine-induced immunity is more standardized and can be longer-lasting."
Some people who get COVID-19 receive no protection from reinfection – their natural immunity is nonexistent. A recent study found that 36% of COVID-19 cases didn't result in development of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies. The people had different levels of illness – most had moderate disease, but some were asymptomatic and some experienced severe COVID-19. 
"Vaccine-induced immunity is more predictable than natural immunity," says Dr. Rupp. The COVID-19 vaccines provide great protection from severe disease, hospitalization and death.
Natural immunity can decay within about 90 days. Immunity from COVID-19 vaccines has been shown to last longer. Both Pfizer and Moderna reported strong vaccine protection for at least six months. 
Studies are ongoing to evaluate the full duration of protective immunity, including the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
Real-world studies also indicate natural immunity's short life. For example, 65% of people with a lower baseline antibody from infection to begin with completely lost their COVID-19 antibodies by 60 days.
What about that Israeli study suggesting natural immunity is stronger? Infectious diseases expert James Lawler, MD, MPH, FIDSA, carefully evaluates the study design of the retrospective Maccabi Health System study in his Aug. 31 briefing. In the briefing, he identifies two concerning sources of error that were not corrected for: survivorship bias and selection bias.
One study compared natural immunity alone to natural immunity plus vaccination. They found that, after infection, unvaccinated people are 2.34 times likelier to get COVID-19 again, compared to fully vaccinated people. So vaccinated people (after infection) have half the risk of reinfection than people relying on natural immunity alone.
"Studies show that the vaccine gives a very good booster response if you've had COVID-19 before," says Dr. Rupp.
Furthermore, there is no country on the globe in which natural infection and natural immunity has brought the pandemic under control. In countries like Iran or Brazil very high levels of natural infection have not prevented recurrent waves of infection.  

Quote:Former Assistant Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS), Dr. and Admiral Brett Giroir: "But I think you, if you have proof of Covid infection, right now that’s still equivalent to vaccine immunity. And even The CDC recognizes that. If you’re an American coming back into this country, if you’ve had proof of a previous Covid infection, you don’t even need to be tested. So I think when businesses reopen, they ought to consider natural immunity, vaccine immunity, all equivalent to get you back in the workplace."

And for the record, in case you forgot, I did get the shot.  I am just adamantly opposed to FORCED anything.  I will fight for the rights of others who think differently than I do. It's kind of the American thing to do.

Very insidious to strip people of their fundamental right to choose what goes into their body. No one should support forced procedures or treatments for any reason. It's evil at it's core. Queue the response that no one is being forced to do anything, because you know, stripping people of their ability to work, buy, sell, travel, eat, receive medical care, etc. is not a forced hand at all Rolling Eyes

The vaccines have saved countless lives. You can say it's not right, it's not fair or whatever buy saying it's evil is ridiculous.

Do you actually pay attention to comments or just see what you want to see, I said forced procedures/treatments are evil, whether it is a rushed to market MRNA injection or botox or treatment for a stubbed toe. If it's forced, it's evil.

I tried that argument on my dad, it didn't turn out well...   Embarrassed Laughing
(10-07-2021, 07:29 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 08:00 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Yes, because we haven't had to prove (for decades!) that our children are vaccinated in order to attend school.

Looking at the data and responding accordingly in order to spare children very serious side effects and who are largely unfazed by the disease is hardly an opinion.
It's an opinion whether or not a vaccine for children will do more harm than good.
(10-05-2021, 08:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:   I believe what scientists say.

I know exactly what you said.  You make it seem like people are being dragged in to a room and held down while a needle is stuck in their arm.
When what is mostly going on is people can choose to get the jab or choose to get another job.

There is nothing EVIL about mandates meant to save lives.
(10-08-2021, 02:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 09:58 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: You certainly aren't one for yes or no questions...

I know exactly what you said.  You make it seem like people are being dragged in to a room and held down while a needle is stuck in their arm.
When what is mostly going on is people can choose to get the jab or choose to get another job.

fundamental difference of opinion. Might as well outlaw fast food then, if it's about saving lives, obesity and heart disease deaths stomp all over covid deaths. Just mandate healthy eating if its about saving lives, shit, problem solved.
(10-08-2021, 03:28 PM)GPnative Wrote:

fundamental difference of opinion. Might as well outlaw fast food then, if it's about saving lives, obesity and heart disease deaths stomp all over covid deaths. Just mandate healthy eating if its about saving lives, shit, problem solved.
Eating fast food until you're obese only harms yourself. Not quite the same thing. But you knew that.

(10-08-2021, 06:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:

"if it's about saving lives"   If??? what the fuck else do you think it's about?

The only rational logical reason to call mandates evil is for one to assume it's being done for any other reason that to save lives.
Please tell me you are one of those conspiracy theorists.

Your fast food argument is just dumb. People are free to be unhealthy. Our hospitals already have the capacity to handle deaths from heart disease. What we didn't need was a nearly equal amount of deaths from Covid.
(10-08-2021, 06:00 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Eating fast food until you're obese only harms yourself. Not quite the same thing. But you knew that.

Eating fast food until you're obese only harms yourself.

Exactly fast food is not the issue. It's about how much and how often it's eaten.