Covid 19
(10-08-2021, 09:03 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-08-2021, 08:21 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 03:00 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 01:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-06-2021, 09:18 AM)GPnative Wrote: That's rich, since you live and die by your facebook feed.
  What she said is 100% accurate. There are tons of idiots on FB making absurd and stupid comments.
 If she lived by what she read on FB she would be anti vax. My guess is she actually listens to credible info from doctors.
Don't pay any attention to him. He has no real info to add... which is why he goes into attack mode.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It's real info, it is just info you don't want to hear. Your shot is less than half as effective as it was when you got it.
I've already got an appt for next week to get the booster. And I continue to wear a mask. And I don't go to grocery stores, restaurants or bars. I do these things to try to keep my parents and grandkiddos safe. I care about others.

Oops... I just realized that I was off on my dates, my booster appt is for the 24th.

Of course every day during the increase was met with bold Daily Courier scary headlines detailing daily counts, and general doom and gloom. Of course, on the flip side of the info, does GOOD NEWS bring any sort of positive light reporting? Of course not, so buried in the weeds one would find: As of Thursday, there were 11 COVID-19 patients at Three Rivers,down from about 50 a month earlier.
(10-15-2021, 02:06 PM)GPnative Wrote: Of course every day during the increase was met with bold Daily Courier scary headlines detailing daily counts, and general doom and gloom. Of course, on the flip side of the info, does GOOD NEWS bring any sort of positive light reporting? Of course not, so buried in the weeds one would find: As of Thursday, there were 11 COVID-19 patients at Three Rivers,down from about 50 a month earlier.

Isn't that always to case for everything? Bad news sales so it gets front page. At least they are still reporting it.

Disclaimer; I have never seen the Daily Courier or even know for sure what it is.
(10-15-2021, 02:06 PM)GPnative Wrote: Of course every day during the increase was met with bold Daily Courier scary headlines detailing daily counts, and general doom and gloom. Of course, on the flip side of the info, does GOOD NEWS bring any sort of positive light reporting? Of course not, so buried in the weeds one would find: As of Thursday, there were 11 COVID-19 patients at Three Rivers,down from about 50 a month earlier.

The daily counts have been a constant as they should. And it's no secret whatsoever the cases , hospitalizations and deaths are way less than before.
Maybe it's just your local newspaper? The number cases , hospitalizations and deaths is on all three local news channels every day.
So are you really one of those who has been saying the evil gubment has been trying to scare everyone about this trivial thing called a pandemic? Claiming it's fear mongering?
(10-15-2021, 03:47 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Isn't that always to case for everything? Bad news sales so it gets front page. At least they are still reporting it.

Disclaimer; I have never seen the Daily Courier or even know for sure what it is.
I have never seen the Daily Courier or even know for sure what it is.

Me neither. I think it's a new car 2021 Ford   Razz
(10-16-2021, 01:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 03:47 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

I have never seen the Daily Courier or even know for sure what it is.

Me neither. I think it's a new car 2021 Ford   Razz

Oh yeah, I think I saw one!   Big Grin
Copied, and I agree.

20 Things I learned from the Pandemic

1. Most people would rather be in the majority, than be right.

2. At least 20% of the population has strong authoritarian tendencies, which will emerge under the right conditions.

3. Fear of death is only rivaled by the fear of social disapproval. The latter could be stronger.

4. Propaganda is just as effective in the modern day as it was 100 years ago. Access to limitless information has not made the average person any wiser.

5. Anything and everything can and will be politicized by the media, government, and those who trust them.

6. Many politicians and large corporations will gladly sacrifice human lives if it is conducive to their political and financial aspirations.

7. Most people believe the government acts in the best interests of the people. Even many who are vocal critics of the government.

8. Once they have made up their mind, most people would rather to commit to being wrong, than admit they were wrong.

9. Humans can be trained and conditioned quickly and relatively easily to significantly alter their behaviors - for better or worse.

10. When sufficiently frightened, most people will not only accept authoritarianism, but demand it.

11. People who are dismissed as 'conspiracy theorists' are often well researched and simply ahead of the mainstream narrative.

12. Most people value safety and security more than freedom and liberty, even if said 'safety' is merely an illusion.

13. Hedonic adaptation occurs in both directions, and once inertia sets in, it is difficult to get people back to 'normal'.

14. A significant % of people thoroughly enjoy being subjugated.

15. 'The Science' has evolved into a secular pseudo-religion for millions of people in the West. This religion has little to do with science itself.

16. Most people care more about looking like they are doing the right thing, rather than actually doing the right thing.

17. Politics, the media, science, and the healthcare industries are all corrupt, to varying degrees. Scientists and doctors can be bought as easily as politicians.

18. If you make people comfortable enough, they will not revolt. You can keep millions docile as you strip their rights, by giving them money, food, and entertainment.

19. Modern people are overly complacent and lack vigilance when it comes to defending their own freedoms from government overreach.

20. It's easier to fool a person than to convince them that they have been fooled.
(10-19-2021, 08:32 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: Copied, and I agree.

2. At least 20% of the population has strong authoritarian tendencies, which will emerge under the right conditions.

3. Fear of death is only rivaled by the fear of social disapproval. The latter could be stronger.

4. Propaganda is just as effective in the modern day as it was 100 years ago. Access to limitless information has not made the average person any wiser.

5. Anything and everything can and will be politicized by the media, government, and those who trust them.

6. Many politicians and large corporations will gladly sacrifice human lives if it is conducive to their political and financial aspirations.

7. Most people believe the government acts in the best interests of the people. Even many who are vocal critics of the government.

8. Once they have made up their mind, most people would rather to commit to being wrong, than admit they were wrong.

9. Humans can be trained and conditioned quickly and relatively easily to significantly alter their behaviors - for better or worse.

10. When sufficiently frightened, most people will not only accept authoritarianism, but demand it.

11. People who are dismissed as 'conspiracy theorists' are often well researched and simply ahead of the mainstream narrative.

12. Most people value safety and security more than freedom and liberty, even if said 'safety' is merely an illusion.

13. Hedonic adaptation occurs in both directions, and once inertia sets in, it is difficult to get people back to 'normal'.

15. 'The Science' has evolved into a secular pseudo-religion for millions of people in the West. This religion has little to do with science itself.

16. Most people care more about looking like they are doing the right thing, rather than actually doing the right thing.

17. Politics, the media, science, and the healthcare industries are all corrupt, to varying degrees. Scientists and doctors can be bought as easily as politicians.

18. If you make people comfortable enough, they will not revolt. You can keep millions docile as you strip their rights, by giving them money, food, and entertainment.

19. Modern people are overly complacent and lack vigilance when it comes to defending their own freedoms from government overreach.

20. It's easier to fool a person than to convince them that they have been fooled.
[quote pid="421329" dateline="1634700725"]
 I would rather believe what the majority of medical professionals, epidemiologists and scientists tell me than a minority of ignorant people who prefer information from fools.

the population of zealot antivaxers on the left and right prefer to not trust the government, the FDA the CDC
The heads of hospitals, medical clinics or even their own doctor Rolling Eyes

Taking precautions in order to not get a disease that is sweeping through counties all over the world has no more to do with fear than wearing seat belts or locking your doors.
It's amazing to me you people think the constant fear mongering accusations any time there is ANY factual news about covid is an intelligent response.

Good point because there is limitless information PROVING the vaccine works well and has saved countless lives.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever the anti vax is by far mostly the right wing and the entire distrust of the vaccine and wearing masks Started with Trump.
The red states that have the least vaccinated compared to the blue states should tell you something.

Wow you need to explain that one Twitch The loss of human lives is by far the fools who refused to get the vaccination all you have to do is be smart enough to look at the data from our hospitals.
But I bet you claim that is all false right??

The government absolutely acts in the best interests of the people. What did the government ever do yo your bitter old ass?

And that perfectly describes the ignorance of the anti vax crowd.
The more PROOF the vaccines are safe the more BS the anti vax crowd digs in their heels.

Trained from peer pressure from their ignorant friends or AM radio entertainers.

OFTEN??? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good reasons to get the vax

That would only be true if people got the vaccine who didn't want to. But go on with your big man belief that you are above everyone else. Because that is what this all boils down to.

YOUR religion and ALL religions have NOTHING to do with science itself.

There you have it. The right wingers one size fits all absurd way to avoid the truth about climate change the vaccines and I bet in your case evolution.
The amount of times I hear that lame excuse to deny facts from you zealots is pathetic.

What rights have ya lost sad sack? The right to not wear a mask in a store?

Proof of that is the fact that you posted and believe all of this bullshit.

[/quote]
(10-20-2021, 03:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I would rather believe what the majority of medical professionals, epidemiologists and scientists tell me than a minority of ignorant people who prefer information from fools.

the population of zealot antivaxers on the left and right prefer to not trust the government, the FDA the CDC

Taking precautions in order to not get a disease that is sweeping through counties all over the world has no more to do with fear than wearing seat belts or locking your doors.
It's amazing to me you people think the constant fear mongering accusations any time there is ANY factual news about covid is an intelligent response.

Good point because there is limitless information PROVING the vaccine works well and has saved countless lives.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever the anti vax is by far mostly the right wing and the entire distrust of the vaccine and wearing masks Started with Trump.
The red states that have the least vaccinated compared to the blue states should tell you something.

Wow you need to explain that one Twitch The loss of human lives is by far the fools who refused to get the vaccination all you have to do is be smart enough to look at the data from our hospitals.

The government absolutely acts in the best interests of the people. What did the government ever do yo your bitter old ass?

The more PROOF the vaccines are safe the more BS the anti vax crowd digs in their heels.

Trained from peer pressure from their ignorant friends or AM radio entertainers.

That would only be true if people got the vaccine who didn't want to. But go on with your big man belief that you are above everyone else. Because that is what this all boils down to.

There you have it. The right wingers one size fits all absurd way to avoid the truth about climate change the vaccines and I bet in your case evolution.
The amount of times I hear that lame excuse to deny facts from you zealots is pathetic.

[/quote]

Laughing Your responses literally gave me some of the best chuckles of my day.  Thank you.

You just keep doing you....
(10-20-2021, 05:43 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(10-20-2021, 03:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Laughing Your responses literally gave me some of the best chuckles of my day.  Thank you.

You just keep doing you....
[/quote]
Yeah sure it did. Rolling Eyes

I can appreciate the list, but I find it interesting that you say you agree but you also rolled up your sleeve to become a test subject in the experimental gene therapy. Kinda seems like you want to play ball on both sides of the fence or you just have buyers remorse and are disappointed in yourself that you compromised your convictions to big Pharma.
(10-10-2021, 09:43 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 03:00 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 01:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:   What she said is 100% accurate. There are tons of idiots on FB making absurd and stupid comments.
 If she lived by what she read on FB she would be anti vax. My guess is she actually listens to credible info from doctors.
Don't pay any attention to him. He has no real info to add... which is why he goes into attack mode.

It's real info, it is just info you don't want to hear. Your shot is less than half as effective as it was when you got it.
I've already got an appt for next week to get the booster.  And I continue to wear a mask. And I don't go to grocery stores, restaurants or bars. I do these things to try to keep my parents and grandkiddos safe. I care about others.

Oops... I just realized that I was off on my dates, my booster appt is for the 24th.

From Jan 2020 to now, not a single covid related death 0 to 17 age range in Josephine county, in the entire USA, that number is 499. Your grandkids are going to be just fine whether you jab up or not. This next round of jabbing up kids is a total disgrace and a complete farce, the shot is a greater risk to them then covid, and the data agrees. And putting them at risk for some bizarre logic of saving gramma and granmpa, is just plain stupid.
(10-21-2021, 09:09 AM)GPnative Wrote:

I can appreciate the list, but I find it interesting that you say you agree but you also rolled up your sleeve to become a test subject in the experimental gene therapy. Kinda seems like you want to play ball on both sides of the fence or you just have buyers remorse and are disappointed in yourself that you compromised your convictions to big Pharma.

I had my reasons at the time to get the shot. If I had waited longer, I doubt I would have gotten it yet.  I guess that is a form of buyers remorse.

That aside, what is really maddening is the pitting of us all against each other over it. I made my choice at the time, but fault no one for a different choice for themselves. I can't understand the MILITANT vaxxed that treat anyone unvaxxed with such hatred and disdain.  I am also opposed to the mandatory forced vaccinations.  Some here seem to champion the forced vax, and follow the militant mantra that they must hate anyone with a different view.  In my experience, that behavior and mind set lends itself to the "left" side of things.
(10-21-2021, 09:50 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 03:00 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Don't pay any attention to him. He has no real info to add... which is why he goes into attack mode.

I've already got an appt for next week to get the booster.  And I continue to wear a mask. And I don't go to grocery stores, restaurants or bars. I do these things to try to keep my parents and grandkiddos safe. I care about others.

From Jan 2020 to now, not a single covid related death 0 to 17 age range in Josephine county, in the entire USA, that number is 499. Your grandkids are going to be just fine whether you jab up or not. This next round of jabbing up kids is a total disgrace and a complete farce, the shot is a greater risk to them then covid, and the data agrees. And putting them at risk for some bizarre logic of saving gramma and granmpa, is just plain stupid.

Fully agree.
(10-21-2021, 11:10 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:

I had my reasons at the time to get the shot. If I had waited longer, I doubt I would have gotten it yet.  I guess that is a form of buyers remorse.

That aside, what is really maddening is the pitting of us all against each other over it. I made my choice at the time, but fault no one for a different choice for themselves. I can't understand the MILITANT vaxxed that treat anyone unvaxxed with such hatred and disdain.  I am also opposed to the mandatory forced vaccinations.  Some here seem to champion the forced vax, and follow the militant mantra that they must hate anyone with a different view.  In my experience, that behavior and mind set lends itself to the "left" side of things.

To be honest I don't see any difference in "behavior and mind set" between the "left" and/or "right".
A women at work I tried to convince to get the jab, wasn't worried about Covid, she said "If I get it it, I get it." I told her at our age it could kill you. She said " If I die Oh well".

Anyway, she died...... Oh well.
(10-21-2021, 09:50 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 03:00 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Don't pay any attention to him. He has no real info to add... which is why he goes into attack mode.

the shot is a greater risk to them then covid, and the data agrees

What data?
(10-21-2021, 11:37 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

To be honest I don't see any difference in "behavior and mind set" between the "left" and/or "right".
  You don't do FB right? Where else are you looking to see peoples opinions?

IS see a LOT more hatred and ugliness from the militant anti vax crowd than the pro vax crowd.
How many of the idiots kicked off of airlines were vaccinated and OK with wearing a mask?
(10-21-2021, 02:35 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-21-2021, 11:37 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

You don't do FB right? Where else are you looking to see peoples opinions?

Right, I've never gotten into FB.

I meant in general.