What's in your garden?
Mine is cut and hanging, after lots of reading, i finally decided on hanging the whole plant after trimming some of the larger fan leaves.
Trimming complete and now curing, holy cow, beyond tedious. I was not keeping track but I would say I have a solid 8 to 10 hours into the trim.
(10-14-2019, 02:28 PM)GPnative Wrote: Trimming complete and now curing, holy cow, beyond tedious. I was not keeping track but I would say I have a solid 8 to 10 hours into the trim.

Tell me about it LOL

[Image: bud-in-tote.jpg]
(10-14-2019, 03:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 02:28 PM)GPnative Wrote: Trimming complete and now curing, holy cow, beyond tedious. I was not keeping track but I would say I have a solid 8 to 10 hours into the trim.

Tell me about it LOL

[Image: bud-in-tote.jpg]

Laughing

Now that ive been through this process, the max plants i would grow personally is likely 2, certainly no more than 3, i just dont have the time. Not to mention, size alone, my hemp plant was small compared to marijuana plants.
(10-14-2019, 04:06 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 03:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Tell me about it LOL

Laughing

Now that ive been through this process, the max plants i would grow personally is likely 2, certainly no more than 3, i just dont have the time. Not to mention, size alone, my hemp plant was small compared to marijuana plants.
I've paid people 15 an hour to help. But the wife and I have still worked our asses off. I had to build a room inside my shop for drying. And installed a heat pump/AC along with a dehumidifier.It was a ton of work building the room by myself.   
But it will be my man cave when the weeds done. People charge $100 to trim a pound, I'm probably going to pay that

[Image: Bud-hang-CCC.jpg]

[Image: Bud-hang-CCC.jpg]
Nice set up.
I dried in the garage, next year i will need to improve upon that. I think it dried too fast.
(10-14-2019, 05:14 PM)GPnative Wrote: Nice set up.
I dried in the garage, next year i will need to improve upon that. I think it dried too fast.

It should take about a week. I keep my room at 65 degrees and 45% humidity.
(10-14-2019, 05:19 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Well, maybe it wasnt too fast then. I started on day 8, finished on day 12. Just seemed too dry from my novice perspective, plus had a bit of a hay smell that seems to be improving now. Just telling myself you have to start somewhere and this whole endeavor has been one big learning process  Smiling
(10-14-2019, 05:35 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-14-2019, 05:19 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Well, maybe it wasnt too fast then. I started on day 8, finished on day 12. Just seemed too dry from my novice perspective, plus had a bit of a hay smell that seems to be improving now. Just telling myself you have to start somewhere and this whole endeavor has been one big learning process  Smiling
Yeah you can't let it get too dry. With MJ they say wait until a twig snaps when you bend it. IMO that's a little too dry.
That hay smell is what you get rid of by curing. You keep the buds in a sealed container and you open it every day( burp it) and let it air out for a while.. not long enough to dry.
When you are done put it in turkey bags or canning jars.
Big Grin   The lengths people will go to get fucked up.   Laughing
(10-14-2019, 06:05 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Big Grin   The lengths people will go to get fucked up.   Laughing

Lol Laughing mine wont even fuck you up, CBD hemp. Although, in theory it could be over the 3% thc threshhold, wont know until the cure is done and i sample the goods. I actually hope it is hot on the thc side, since its personal use it does not matter if it is,  but either way, even if hot, it is certainly not going to be enough to make anyone stoned, not like the good shit TV grows  Big Grin
Went to the store today (I know, I know) to get some seed starting things for this years consumable flora patch. Boy!! folks have all at once taken a great interest in gardening of the victory garden variety. Everything has been picked over and bought out like no one has ever seen before!

I got what I needed but not altogether everything I was looking for. This year will hopefully be a good garden year.

If I survive.
(04-04-2020, 04:22 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Went to the store today (I know, I know) to get some seed starting things for this years consumable flora patch. Boy!! folks have all at once taken a great interest in gardening of the victory garden variety. Everything has been picked over and bought out like no one has ever seen before!

I got what I needed but not altogether everything I was looking for. This year will hopefully be a good garden year.

If I survive.

Did they have clones?
(04-04-2020, 04:25 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 04:22 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Went to the store today (I know, I know) to get some seed starting things for this years consumable flora patch. Boy!! folks have all at once taken a great interest in gardening of the victory garden variety. Everything has been picked over and bought out like no one has ever seen before!

If I survive.

Did they have clones?

Cones??

Laughing Laughing
Weeds. They are taking over and I can't do much about it.
(04-05-2020, 01:09 AM)Juniper Wrote: Weeds. They are taking over and I can't do much about it.

Ya know, their only weeds if you don't want them. Embrace the weeds.   Big Grin

(that's a joke... maybe)
Soooo...gardening.  Turns out that my place is mostly shaded.  There isn't enough sun and the entire place is planted with shrubs and grasses.   Lots of weeding. No lawn. (yay!) There's only one unplanted area but it gets only about 3 hours of sun a day and things stay puny there. But veggie gardening has been a challenge.  The only area that gets enough sun is on asphalt. Last summer I tried deep pots for veggies but they just got too hot.  I know they sell raised beds that are like kits...maybe I should try those?  My mobility is so limited, I'd have to find someone to put them up for me.  I do miss having the old salad garden though.
(02-22-2021, 10:44 PM)Juniper Wrote: Soooo...gardening.  Turns out that my place is mostly shaded.  There isn't enough sun and the entire place is planted with shrubs and grasses.   Lots of weeding. No lawn. (yay!) There's only one unplanted area but it gets only about 3 hours of sun a day and things stay puny there. But veggie gardening has been a challenge.  The only area that gets enough sun is on asphalt. Last summer I tried deep pots for veggies but they just got too hot.  I know they sell raised beds that are like kits...maybe I should try those?  My mobility is so limited, I'd have to find someone to put them up for me.  I do miss having the old salad garden though.

What kind of veggies do you want to grow? How dense is the shade you have to deal with?

Seems like you should be able to grow something... lettuce, spinach, Swiss chard, peas, radish and some others can grow in less then ideal sunlight. My Swiss chard would grow clear through the winter if the birds didn't peck it into oblivion for food and the Vit (corn salad, Mache, lambs lettuce) has been doing fine all winter.

PS - I'll celebrate not having to deal with a lawn right along with you.    Big Grin
(02-22-2021, 10:44 PM)Juniper Wrote: Soooo...gardening.  Turns out that my place is mostly shaded.  There isn't enough sun and the entire place is planted with shrubs and grasses.   Lots of weeding. No lawn. (yay!) There's only one unplanted area but it gets only about 3 hours of sun a day and things stay puny there. But veggie gardening has been a challenge.  The only area that gets enough sun is on asphalt. Last summer I tried deep pots for veggies but they just got too hot.  I know they sell raised beds that are like kits...maybe I should try those?  My mobility is so limited, I'd have to find someone to put them up for me.  I do miss having the old salad garden though.

You only get three hours of sun now or in the summer? I saw this water trough used for a planter on FB and I saw a used one on CL so I bought it and planted my strawberries in it.
Instead of filling the entire thing with garden soil I had the brilliant idea of filling it half way with that light volcanic red rock.
So I went to Hilton fuel and loaded several 5 gal buckets full of that rock. The problem was the damn rock was just as heavy as any other rock ???
I used it anyway and it's so freaking my tractor will just barely pick it up Sad  I need  to find some pumice or something like that.

[Image: Trough.jpg]
I tried deep pots for veggies but they just got too hot.

Last year was brutal . I had tomato plants in 50 gallon white smart pots on pallets and they didn't do very well at all.
 I have some two gal pots I use to transplant my pot plants in to before I plant them permanently. They are the typical black pots they sell. I painted them white. Anything black will reach 140 degrees in the sun.
And people still use black shingles on their roof Rolling Eyes