Let Cheese be Cheese! Yay Canada!
An attempt to overturn Canadian federal rules on cheese ingredients has ended in failure for two major producers after the country's top court refused to hear an appeal by Saputo and Kraft.

The rules require cheese makers to use more full-fat milk and less of the ingredients typically labelled as milk solids.

The companies argued the rules would boost their costs, raise prices for consumers and threaten cheese-making in Canada.

The Supreme Court of Canada gave no reason for its deciding against hearing the appeal launched by Montreal-based Saputo Inc and American multinational Kraft Foods Inc.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on...le2247713/
I dont by kraft cheese .....Gramma said Kraft used Klan diary products and then sold it to the Kosher folks . Pendergast never said a word.
It took them a while to get past the laws keeping margarine from being yellow. Now, we eat that shit with the approval of the idiots at The National Heart Association.
Funny I beat you to it and then you post something normal.
(11-27-2011, 07:07 PM)illcommandante Wrote: It took them a while to get past the laws keeping margarine from being yellow. Now, we eat that shit with the approval of the idiots at The National Heart Association.

It's a tragedy that Canada had to struggle with our fake cheese...while Europeans insist on mostly non-GMO food. If it's sold, it has to have a sticker saying so.
And, of course, the profits are king...so Kraft immediately say they're concerned about the cost to the consumer and they're 'worried' about the cheese 'industry' in Canada. Right.
(11-27-2011, 07:07 PM)illcommandante Wrote: It took them a while to get past the laws keeping margarine from being yellow. Now, we eat that shit with the approval of the idiots at The National Heart Association.

[Image: 016396.jpg]

I usually get my swiss cheese from a middle eastern company "Cheeses of Nazareth"
I think it's the holiest.