Let's have some transparency
This is crazy. If my posts and threads are going to be pulled I want to know why. I want notification. What the hell is this place? China? Whoever, Gasso or Fatty? I would like explanations. If my posts/threads are going to be pulled I want to know why. If you have forum rules and guidelines and you enforce them, then finish the job and tell those people why that has happened? How can I have 0% warn and yet my stuff is going faster than I can type? This place doesn't even operate like other forums that have strict terms of service where they inform posters of issues, or violations or actions. I've had enough of this. I would like some transparency around here. I want notification and explanation of pulls. Particularly but no limited to my own. Let's see who has warn levels. Let's see who had report levels for that matter. And I want to know why my posts/threads are missing with reasonable explanations. Even those who knowingly push the limit get the satisfaction of being able to grumble at their editor. Me? I'm nothing. I'm a ghost. What the hell Gasso? I ask you specifically, because this smacks of Fatty's work. In fact, Gasso, it's time to create a mission statement for what this place is, because it's a complete 180% turn around from it's roots. This is a free forum, I have no control, but I do ask for reasonable explanations and treatment and responses. I'm rolling mad at the two of you and would like to be treated reasonably, respectfully, and honestly. What kind of game are you running here? I play by the rules and I get edited with no explanations. I would like to hear your answers. You are currently running this place like Cuba or something.
I'm afraid to say I agree with you...my post might get pulled.
Well that one went through, loud and clear. Now let's see if it sticks around.
Saved it for posterity .
(05-09-2012, 10:11 PM)Tiamat Wrote: This is crazy. If my posts and threads are going to be pulled I want to know why. I want notification. What the hell is this place? China? Whoever, Gasso or Fatty? I would like explanations. If my posts/threads are going to be pulled I want to know why. If you have forum rules and guidelines and you enforce them, then finish the job and tell those people why that has happened? How can I have 0% warn and yet my stuff is going faster than I can type? This place doesn't even operate like other forums that have strict terms of service where they inform posters of issues, or violations or actions. I've had enough of this. I would like some transparency around here. I want notification and explanation of pulls. Particularly but no limited to my own. Let's see who has warn levels. Let's see who had report levels for that matter. And I want to know why my posts/threads are missing with reasonable explanations. Even those who knowingly push the limit get the satisfaction of being able to grumble at their editor. Me? I'm nothing. I'm a ghost. What the hell Gasso? I ask you specifically, because this smacks of Fatty's work. In fact, Gasso, it's time to create a mission statement for what this place is, because it's a complete 180% turn around from it's roots. This is a free forum, I have no control, but I do ask for reasonable explanations and treatment and responses. I'm rolling mad at the two of you and would like to be treated reasonably, respectfully, and honestly. What kind of game are you running here? I play by the rules and I get edited with no explanations. I would like to hear your answers. You are currently running this place like Cuba or something.
Hear, hear!

[Image: pd2908243.jpg]
Yes, let's do. Will people on this forum be allowed to just have opinions as they always have? And when their opinions don't match some unstated rule or term of service, because it doesn't fit the bill, will you make it fit the bill by giving it the good old pull?? I want accountability! I am seriously frustrated and angry right now at Gasso and and Fatty. I want my posts and threads back or explanations that fit the TOS and I want the old editing freedom we had previously. I am completely baffled by what actions are occurring without explanation, and also along those lines demand that if it will be this way the site rules become not only clearer but actually consistent. Your failure to do this will be an unmitigated promulgation of what has basically been a hostile take over of this forum! Explanations?? Let's start. And let it be a discussion. Don't hide behind platitude and directives. Throw off your cheap cloak and show yourself and your strategies. None of these measures would have been necessary to take in this forum if not for one or two flaunters of normal forum civility. It appears that the response has been reverse. Honor the hecklers and flamers and edit the rest. Time for a new forum in that case!
(05-09-2012, 10:20 PM)broadzilla Wrote: I'm afraid to say I agree with you...my post might get pulled.

I hope that Fatty isn't having to some kind of acrobatics trying to keep some people happy who, at their core, don't believe in a free exchange of ideas.
Gasso. I'm bumping this till you give a reasoned reply that complies with the TOS ....OR announce true changes to the forum mission. Can you tell? I'm having a "Network" moment!
answers?
I'm also taking note of whether this thread goes missing.
(05-09-2012, 10:31 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Gasso. I'm bumping this till you give a reasoned reply that complies with the TOS ....OR announce true changes to the forum mission. Can you tell? I'm having a "Network" moment!
IF this is the case you might want to use the emergency email to Gasso . abuse@roguevalleyforum.com

(05-09-2012, 10:31 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Gasso. I'm bumping this till you give a reasoned reply that complies with the TOS ....OR announce true changes to the forum mission. Can you tell? I'm having a "Network" moment!

Tia, take a breath. I want you to know that we are developing a codex with special coded words and phrases with a special decoder ring, just in case it goes south from here.
It's fairly juvenile, but lots of fun.
(05-09-2012, 10:38 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I'm also taking note of whether this thread goes missing.

I'll help you keep bumping it, I am going to be sewing an order late tonight, so you don't get accused of talking to yourself.
(05-09-2012, 10:39 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote:
IF this is the case you might want to use the emergency email to Gasso . abuse@roguevalleyforum.com
And don't let them blame it on me. I have already turned myself in and issued a number of full confessions.
(05-09-2012, 10:40 PM)DUNNO Wrote:

Tia, take a breath. I want you to know that we are developing a codex with special coded words and phrases with a special decoder ring, just in case it goes south from here.
It's fairly juvenile, but lots of fun.

Interesting that one of my posts to that very topic went missing.
The one where you said Hammy and DUNNO are like the two amigos ? I got to thinking , we both post personal content ,so I dont really see the comparison as analgous.
(05-09-2012, 10:30 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Yes, let's do. Will people on this forum be allowed to just have opinions as they always have? And when their opinions don't match some unstated rule or term of service, because it doesn't fit the bill, will you make it fit the bill by giving it the good old pull?? I want accountability! I am seriously frustrated and angry right now at Gasso and and Fatty. I want my posts and threads back or explanations that fit the TOS and I want the old editing freedom we had previously. I am completely baffled by what actions are occurring without explanation, and also along those lines demand that if it will be this way the site rules become not only clearer but actually consistent. Your failure to do this will be an unmitigated promulgation of what has basically been a hostile take over of this forum! Explanations?? Let's start. And let it be a discussion. Don't hide behind platitude and directives. Throw off your cheap cloak and show yourself and your strategies. None of these measures would have been necessary to take in this forum if not for one or two flaunters of normal forum civility. It appears that the response has been reverse. Honor the hecklers and flamers and edit the rest. Time for a new forum in that case!

In the interest of transparency, I think the partnership of JC and dunno is fomenting all this unrest...intentional...without a whit of care or concern. Just tonight JC put down the 'feel-good' threads and how he planned to see them eliminated. I, personally, have posted many of those 'feel good' threads and you folks responded...sometimes pages worth.

I have no idea why your posts were pulled, it does seem overkill...I think there's something weird going on and you're caught in the crossfire?

I'm obviously shunned and hated by the new 'power rangers' and I know my time left is short. I am hoping you remain, you can get along with everyone. Even ME most of the time. Give K a chance, please.
(05-09-2012, 10:46 PM)Clone Wrote:
(05-09-2012, 10:30 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Yes, let's do. Will people on this forum be allowed to just have opinions as they always have? And when their opinions don't match some unstated rule or term of service, because it doesn't fit the bill, will you make it fit the bill by giving it the good old pull?? I want accountability! I am seriously frustrated and angry right now at Gasso and and Fatty. I want my posts and threads back or explanations that fit the TOS and I want the old editing freedom we had previously. I am completely baffled by what actions are occurring without explanation, and also along those lines demand that if it will be this way the site rules become not only clearer but actually consistent. Your failure to do this will be an unmitigated promulgation of what has basically been a hostile take over of this forum! Explanations?? Let's start. And let it be a discussion. Don't hide behind platitude and directives. Throw off your cheap cloak and show yourself and your strategies. None of these measures would have been necessary to take in this forum if not for one or two flaunters of normal forum civility. It appears that the response has been reverse. Honor the hecklers and flamers and edit the rest. Time for a new forum in that case!

In the interest of transparency, I think the partnership of JC and dunno is fomenting all this unrest...intentional...without a whit of care or concern. Just tonight JC put down the 'feel-good' threads and how he planned to see them eliminated. I, personally, have posted many of those 'feel good' threads and you folks responded...sometimes pages worth.

I have no idea why your posts were pulled, it does seem overkill...I think there's something weird going on and you're caught in the crossfire?

I'm obviously shunned and hated by the new 'power rangers' and I know my time left is short. I am hoping you remain, you can get along with everyone. Even ME most of the time. Give K a chance, please.
That twice tonight you have blamed everything on me.
If she's right, she's right.
(05-09-2012, 10:46 PM)Clone Wrote:

Clone we do get along. We are adult enough to 'agree to disagree' . Give K a chance? Hmmmm, He was doing real find there. A definite downturn has taken place. I don't want a "chance" for Gasso. He was doing good and then went off the deep end.. I want real, defined explanations about why something happens. If it can be pulled, it can be explained.