Thoughts on the purpose of moderation (Mark II).
(02-13-2014, 07:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-13-2014, 07:14 PM)cletus1 Wrote: That is an very compelling argument for moderation and I don't necessarily mean by the staff at the RVF. I can't say that there was a time when we self moderated to the point of respectful dialog more than mud slinging, but there have been times when topics were discussed without all the name calling.

Personally, I think we are probably beyond repair. Many members post here for the sole purpose of slamming everyone and every group they disagree with. I was not joking when I called this place the Rogue Valley Faultfinders Forum. Unfortunately, it has devolved to the point of endless fighting and personal attacks.

I believe we cam improve this place without turning it into the mamby pamby forum, but many prefer it abrupt and rude. It's not just this forum, go to any comment section in any online site and take a look. Name calling and trash talk is the norm.

And that's my two cents, for now.

Shuddup you dont know nuthin and that's yer two Pesos cuz you aint even in A merica you commie.

Quote:Unfortunately, it has devolved to the point of endless fighting and personal attacks.

When wuz it wuzent?

Quote:It's not just this forum, go to any comment section in any online site and take a look. Name calling and trash talk is the norm.

So now normal is bad? Blink

Normal in normal, you are abnormal. Wonky told me to tell you to find your higher self. I totally don't know what that means, but if you do cool. Smiling

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on the purpose of moderation (Mark II). - by cletus1 - 02-13-2014, 08:11 PM