Yet another topic about cops/bad guys
It's said, "The devil is is the details". Or, that "God is in the details". 

Boy howdy as Clone (I miss her) was want to say. 

The following story is all about the "details". Only we don't know them. 

A cop approaches a guy in a park who is smoking a joint. We don't know what the cop said, how he approached the guy, or any clear information about the confrontation. We do know the "perp" took the cops flashlight and beat on him with it before taking off. 

I don't know squat about this story other that what was reported. And the reporter did not reveal the details of the conversation the cop had with the perp. Maybe the cop is not allowed to give that information to anyone. 

But I can't help but wonder...I'd bet the cop could have kept this from becoming a violent incident had he used better communication skills and approached this guy differently. AND, this butt-head perp smoking the joint in a public park is also a jerk who no doubt made the cops job really difficult. I hope the find the guy and lock him up. 

When I read it, I just thought about the real difficulty cops have in approaching and dealing with guys like this. I hope the cop used all the skills he used in training and did not "go aggressive" on the guy right off the bat. 

Ah...we live a different times. In "my day" you simply did what the police demanded, and THEN if you felt violated you reported the guy.  That was then...this is now. 

For what it's worth:

From the Mail Tribune, 5/14: 

Ashland police released the name Friday of a man who allegedly punched a police officer in the face May 6 and hit him with the officer’s own flashlight.
David Jon Dickerson, 40, also known as “Auram,” allegedly attacked the officer after being caught smoking marijuana in Lithia Park.
Dickerson is described as white, 6-feettall,between 190 and 200 pounds, with brown hair and green eyes. He has ties to Jackson and Josephine counties, and is believed to still be in the area, authorities say. He is believed to be traveling in a white bus converted from a school bus.
The officer sustained only minor injuries in the attack.Dickerson allegedly fled the scene after the officer fired a stun gun.
A call to Ashland police wasn’t immediately returned Friday. A search of court records showed no prior charges for Dickerson.
Anyone with information about Dickerson’s whereabouts is encouraged to call Ashland police at 541-482-5211, an anonymous tip line at 541-552-2333 or email at

Messages In This Thread
Yet another topic about cops/bad guys - by Wonky3 - 05-14-2016, 09:08 AM