This infuriates me.
It's all over the news  Someone Called 911 on a Black Oregon Legislator Campaigning Door-to-Door

So obviously we are led to believe this was proof that blacks are stereotyped and profiled.
But is that true? I guarantee you that a LOT of people are VERY suspicious of ANYONE going door to door.
A lot of people won't even open their door and many do indeed call the police regardless of the race of the suspicions person.

As a matter of fact the same thing happened to a WHITE man who was also a legislature and that fact proves my point.

If you listen to Bynum it's obvious she believe this was all about her race. I sure as hell won't ever vote for her.

Rep. Janelle Bynum snapped this selfie with the sheriff’s deputy who was dispatched to investigate a call about a suspicious person. Bynum praised the officer for responding “professionally” to the situation.

Courtesy Rep. Janelle Bynum

A black state representative in Oregon was canvassing in her district on Tuesday when one of her constituents called the police on her.
Rep. Janelle Bynum is a Democrat running for a second term this fall in the Oregon House of Representatives. She was knocking on constituents’ doors in Clackamas—a community south of Portland—for about two hours on Tuesday afternoon when someone reported her to 911.
While Bynum was taking notes on her cellphone from the conversation she had with a constituent, a sheriff’s deputy in a patrol car pulled up alongside her. Bynum told the Oregonian that when she saw the deputy, she thought, “I don’t believe this.”
The deputy asked Bynum if she was selling something. (At the time, Bynum was only carrying her cellphone, a pen, and campaign fliers.) Bynum explained why she was going door-to-door. The deputy told her that someone called 911 to report that Bynum was spending a lot of time at houses in the area and appeared to be scoping out the neighborhood for a burglary.

S r Campaigning Door-to-Door
By Sofie Werthan
July 05, 20183:15 PM  

Rep. Janelle Bynum snapped this selfie with the sheriff’s deputy who was dispatched to investigate a call about a suspicious person. Bynum praised the officer for responding “professionally” to the situation.

Courtesy Rep. Janelle Bynum

A black state representative in Oregon was canvassing in her district on Tuesday when one of her constituents called the police on her.
Rep. Janelle Bynum is a Democrat running for a second term this fall in the Oregon House of Representatives. She was knocking on constituents’ doors in Clackamas—a community south of Portland—for about two hours on Tuesday afternoon when someone reported her to 911.
While Bynum was taking notes on her cellphone from the conversation she had with a constituent, a sheriff’s deputy in a patrol car pulled up alongside her. Bynum told the Oregonian that when she saw the deputy, she thought, “I don’t believe this.”
The deputy asked Bynum if she was selling something. (At the time, Bynum was only carrying her cellphone, a pen, and campaign fliers.) Bynum explained why she was going door-to-door. The deputy told her that someone called 911 to report that Bynum was spending a lot of time at houses in the area and appeared to be scoping out the neighborhood for a burglary.

Messages In This Thread
This infuriates me. - by tvguy - 07-05-2018, 04:40 PM
RE: This infuriates me. - by Cuzz - 07-05-2018, 04:55 PM
RE: This infuriates me. - by tvguy - 07-06-2018, 03:55 PM
RE: This infuriates me. - by Cuzz - 07-06-2018, 04:53 PM
RE: This infuriates me. - by tvguy - 07-06-2018, 05:49 PM
RE: This infuriates me. - by Scrapper - 07-05-2018, 05:01 PM
RE: This infuriates me. - by Juniper - 07-05-2018, 08:42 PM
RE: This infuriates me. - by tvguy - 07-06-2018, 04:05 PM