If you like OG Zuppa Toscana soup...
(06-10-2019, 05:16 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 04:57 PM)GCG Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 01:43 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 11:25 AM)GCG Wrote: I've never had kale in anything other than this soup. I pretty much avoid all green foods... except green jelly beans and M&Ms. Maybe because my mom used to cram canned green beans down my throat. I still gag when I smell them.

That's because canned green beans are only marginally food.  Although bacon is a great addition.  What about avocado?  I love avocado. It's green.

Avocado is one of my favorite foods. But its so hard to get a really good one. Even the ones that look great when you slice into them, often taste like water. It's a bitch to spend so much on a fruit and end up with garbage. I once heard that the best way to know what the inside of an avocado will look like is by popping the button off of the end. That will tell you whether its got any brown inside. I've found that test does hold up but that still doesn't tell you if its got great flavor.

Hmmmm....I don't know...I guess it's like any fruit. But it's an expensive one.

The pre-packaged avocados and guacamole, (such as Calavo),  are surprisingly good. After years assuming that packaged avocado was crap, I was finally persuaded to try some of the modern stuff. I'm pretty damn finicky but I'll vouch for Calavo and even Kirkland, (Costco), packaged avocado.

By the way, my soup was a big hit! But I was careful to make a giant mess so my wife would regret forcing me to make it. I offered to clean up but I got pushed aside.  Big Grin Eyebrows Fine by me.

Messages In This Thread
If you like OG Zuppa Toscana soup... - by GCG - 06-09-2019, 04:09 PM
RE: If you like OG Zuppa Toscana soup... - by GCG - 06-10-2019, 11:25 AM
RE: If you like OG Zuppa Toscana soup... - by GCG - 06-10-2019, 01:44 PM
RE: If you like OG Zuppa Toscana soup... - by GCG - 06-10-2019, 04:57 PM
RE: If you like OG Zuppa Toscana soup... - by GCG - 06-10-2019, 05:34 PM
RE: If you like OG Zuppa Toscana soup... - by GCG - 06-11-2019, 08:14 AM