Red right turn signal
(06-27-2019, 11:54 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 10:31 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(06-27-2019, 08:52 AM)GPnative Wrote: As someone who is aware of these rules, Oh how it annoys the hell out of me when people sit on reds with clear traffic to turn and they wait for the green. There are a couple specific lights in GP where 9 out of 10 times, you will sit and wait because some moron doesn't know traffic laws. Additionally I think there has been a shift in mentality where people are afraid to drive, whether they consciously realize it or not, they are conditioned to be scared when behind the wheel, so if they see a red light, red means stop, red means do not proceed, red means certain death if entering the intersection, so there they sit like a good little safe driver.

There was a light on Redwood Hwy that so confused people, because part of it's cycle was flashing yellow, meaning, if/when you can safely turn, do it. Which was great, because it can be a long light cycle if you wait for the green, plus it would not stop the highway traffic as often because they would continue getting the green. People were so baffled by it, the safety sally's would sit there paralyzed with fear, waiting for green. Or on the extreme opposite side, having a complete lack of ability to judge speed and distance of oncoming traffic, they would turn when traffic was not clear and cause an accident. They removed the flashing yellow option and returned it to a conventional traffic light thus punishing those of us that have clue.

I get that and I agree. On the other hand, I often drive a full size truck, with a long hood and sometimes I can't see around a corner without poking out into the lane of traffic. People have honked and gotten rude because I wouldn't do that. I'm sorry but I won't risk my vehicle to accommodate their being in a hurry. If I can see I'll proceed otherwise I'll just wait for the light.

Well I'm not a honker, I just sit in my seat and grumble about the idiot in front me who thinks their time is more valuable than mine. 

Don't even get me started on the urban pretty boys and mid life crisis morons and their prolific massive, jacked up, extended cab, show trucks with after market exhaust systems to wake the dead, trucks  that never see any actual work and the modifications rendering the truck completely impractical should you actually need to use it for it's intended purposes. Cause it's real cool to get 7mpg to be an attention seeking jack ass as you cruise town sipping your latte' from Dutch Bros. OK, I guess I did get started a little bit.

Might be time to change my user name to GPcurmudgeon Razz

Yeah, I don't disagree with any of that. My truck is rock stock just like I bought it in 2003. I've thought about buying a new one but I don't like the new ones. Maybe I'm just accustomed to my working life when my employer automatically presumed I was at fault in any driving incident and I was at risk of termination for anyone else's stupidity. It was part of my job to avoid stupid.

Messages In This Thread
Red right turn signal - by GCG - 06-26-2019, 05:04 PM
RE: Red right turn signal - by Juniper - 06-26-2019, 05:55 PM
RE: Red right turn signal - by GCG - 06-26-2019, 06:39 PM
RE: Red right turn signal - by Juniper - 06-26-2019, 09:38 PM
RE: Red right turn signal - by GCG - 06-27-2019, 08:33 AM
RE: Red right turn signal - by GPnative - 06-27-2019, 08:52 AM
RE: Red right turn signal - by Cuzz - 06-27-2019, 10:31 AM
RE: Red right turn signal - by GPnative - 06-27-2019, 11:54 AM
RE: Red right turn signal - by Cuzz - 06-27-2019, 05:48 PM
RE: Red right turn signal - by bbqboy - 06-27-2019, 09:10 AM
RE: Red right turn signal - by Juniper - 06-27-2019, 01:27 PM