How are YOU dealing with COVID-19? *No Politics*
(04-17-2020, 08:17 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 07:51 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 07:33 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 04:52 PM)Juniper Wrote: Today I went to the pharmacy. I rarely go anywhere, but there I was. I had a mask on.  I turned the corner and there was a woman in the aisle. She did not have a mask. She looked at me and backed away. Very obviously backing away. It amused and disconcerted me at the same time. I mean, I'm taking precautions, but, I don't like being treated like a pariah just for being out of my home.  I see no need to back away from people.  Just move by and be on your way. I'm really thinking this thing...I get it and I understand, but I still have questions.  Because has this virus been more virulent than any other flu we've had?  Not counting New York or Los Angeles...I mean is what we are doing the reason? Or is it because it's not any worse than any other flu epidemic we've had in the past? Is it because with H1N1 the death rate in the US was 0.2 % compared to Corvid-19 ?  That's still hasn't really been rated. In some areas it's as high as 3.4% but in others at .4%?    What makes this pandemic so much worse than others? I'm taking precautions and following the recommendations, but I do have questions about this and how it all works.

I would have told her, that because she didn't have a mask she needs to stand further back. I don't want you contaminating me.
And then add how rude of her not to have a mask in public.

I get more and more vocal each day this goes on.
Well, except she was acting like I was contaminated. It's very odd feeling.

Maybe she thought you were like Chuck and was just trying to give you space.
Probably....but it made me feel weird.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How are YOU dealing with COVID-19? *No Politics* - by Juniper - 04-17-2020, 09:21 PM