Is he a hero or a zero? 17 year old with rifle
(11-20-2021, 12:38 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I've been wondering, if the third shooting victim, the one with the handgun, if he'd shot and killed the kid with the AR could he have used the same self defense argument to justify his actions? So, isn't the self defense laws in this case just legal cover for whoever wins in a gun fight regardless of who instigates the events?

I don't see it as you.

Grosskreutz was chasing Kyle Rittenhouse with a gun in his hand .KR fell and had already been attacked by some fool who tried to bash him in the head with a skateboard a (deadly weapon) and KR defended himself and killed the fool.
Then G caught up and pointed his gun directly at KR. How was KR supposed to know if G was going to shoot or not shoot? KR assumed he was about to be shot.

So in your scenario you call what happened a "gun fight regardless of who instigates the events"
What I saw was several people who were chasing KR and trying to hurt him. Not a gunfight.

If  anyone instigated the events it was Rosenbaum .......

"Rosenbaum was also the focal point of controversy because of his behavior on the night of the shooting; numerous witnesses, even for the prosecution, described Rosenbaum as belligerent and getting into disagreements that night as well as being involved in an arson fire in a dumpster."

He is the one who instigated or put in to motion everything that took place. He was the one who threw something at KR , who chased KR. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is he a hero or a zero? 17 year old with rifle - by tvguy - 11-20-2021, 05:51 PM