Laser eye surgery
(10-16-2021, 02:13 PM)tvguy Wrote: Anyone else had this surgery? My vision was poor and I had to wear glasses to read and to drive. I was tested and I bought new prescription glasses with progressive lens. I also was given a lens coating that was supposed to reduce the glare when I drive at night.
All that did was make the lens nearly impossible to clean. Anyway I had cataracts and if they are bad enough insurance will pay for theĀ  laser surgery and lens implant.
Mine were not bad enough but my optometrist said if I used the magic words than my surgery could be covered with my insurance.

The magic words are...." I'm afraid to drive at night" which was true. So that's what I said and I was approved. But I was tested with them shining a light at my eyes while I tried to readĀ  a vision chart. And I failed.
So I was given the choice of lens between one that gives you good vision for closeup but you need glasses to see far.
Or the opposite, you can see far but need glasses to read.

OR pay $2500 extra out of your own pocket for each eye and then you can see far and close.That's what I chose.
They did my right eye first and I had the checkup a week later and my vision is better than 20 20. it's 20 15 Big Grin
I just had my left I done two days ago.
I haven't had it checked yet but I can see wonderfully now and I haven't worn or needed glasses since two weeks ago when they did my right eye.
Anyway if anyone needs and qualifies for this surgery I totally recommend getting it.

I have debated it a long time. My now retired eye dr. Told me years ago, if you want to spend the money, it will work, but you will eventually need glasses again, age will see to it. That kind of stuck with me so never got serious about it. I wear contacts 90% of the time and those work well for me.

Messages In This Thread
Laser eye surgery - by tvguy - 10-16-2021, 02:13 PM
RE: Laser eye surgery - by GPnative - 10-16-2021, 04:26 PM
RE: Laser eye surgery - by tvguy - 10-16-2021, 04:43 PM
RE: Laser eye surgery - by GPnative - 10-16-2021, 05:59 PM
RE: Laser eye surgery - by tvguy - 10-17-2021, 12:40 PM
Laser eye surgery - by Scrapper - 10-16-2021, 06:33 PM
RE: Laser eye surgery - by tvguy - 10-17-2021, 12:36 PM
RE: Laser eye surgery - by Scrapper - 10-17-2021, 07:02 PM
RE: Laser eye surgery - by tvguy - 10-17-2021, 07:47 PM