Have you turned on your heat yet LOL
I could not find the old thread. This year instead of firing up the pellet stove I have been heating my house with a small 1500 watt heater.
My plan was to take my pellet stove outside and give it a good cleaning. But like lots of things I never got a roundtoit. Razz
So here it is Dec 10 and I am still using the little heater and surprisingly it works well so far with the weather we have been having.
On days with no sunshine it does run most of the day. I turn it off when I go to bed. And usually turn it on an hour or so before I get up.
My house is only a little over 900 sq ft. And we have two bedrooms we don't use or heat.
I have all new windows now, a lot of insulation in the attic.
Anyway I am surprised that I can heat the house with electricity and very inexpensively.

A 1500 watt heater costs roughly 15 cents an hour to run.
Normally it's on maybe 14 hours a day that cost me about 2 bucks. That's $60 a month to heat my house.
So normally I might have used a bag of pellets every other day or so which would cost me close to $100. Or every three days which is
If I ran the heater all day and all night for an entire month that would cost about $108

My last electric bill ending 12/06/21 was only $133.00 The lowest bill I have ever had in the last two year was 86 bucks.

So 133 bucks for last month is pretty damn good considering all of the electricity I use. I have a room in my shop with a large TV that I heat with a wall mounted heat pump/AC unit. And that room is not yet insulated so I also run a 1500 watt heater sometimes.
I recently bought all brand new top of the like appliances, washer dryer dishwasher and a range. I think that has something to do with my lower bills.

Only my two refrigerators are not new. Anyway maybe this info will be of some use to someone Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Have you turned on your heat yet LOL - by tvguy - 12-10-2021, 08:24 PM