George Washington on a chicken nugget
You could be the lucky bidder: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/neb...57054.html

[Image: Nugget.jpg]

Excerpt: "A Nebraska woman is auctioning a three-year-old McDonald's Chicken McNugget she believes resembles our nation's first president, George Washington. And it looks like she's on pace to make some cash in the sale. But, it's all for a good cause.

The Sioux City Journal reports that Rebekah Speights is selling the patriotic McNugget to help raise money for a church summer camp. As of posting time, the McNugget had received 17 different bids and was going for $356 on Ebay. The auction is scheduled to end on March 1st.

"I looked down at the McNugget and just started laughing," Speights told the Journal. "I saw this portrait of George Washington staring back at me."

So, how did she discover the politically-themed piece of poultry? Speights writes on her Ebay page: "As I was cleaning up, I noticed one particular nugget and began to laugh. I picked it up for a closer look, and sure enough it was in the likeness of President George Washington. I decided to take it home and show my husband this hysterical find."

And like George Washington himself, this McNugget is no spring chicken. Speights writes that she nearly ate it while dining at a Sioux City McDonald's three years ago. After her children refused to eat the McNugget, Speights says she noticed the resemblance to Washington.

And now, the nugget itself appears to have a spiritual journey of sorts. "We have shared many laughs over this 'President George Washington Chicken McNugget,' Speights writes. "But now he has been called to a higher purpose."

The Sioux City Family Worship Center is hoping to raise $15,000 to send 50 children to a summer camp, though presumably not entirely from the sale of the McNugget..."

Messages In This Thread
George Washington on a chicken nugget - by PonderThis - 02-24-2012, 02:54 AM