Springfield residents find KKK flyers in driveways
http://www.kmtr.com/news/local/story/Spr..._EYTw.cspx

Quote:Springfield (KMTR) - Neighbors on Centennial Boulevard are disturbed by the flyers left in their driveways by a Ku Klux Klan group Sunday morning. The headline reads, "Stop Racism," which some residents found intriguing, and opened up the letter to learn more. When they did, they found a surprising message. The flyers claim there are thousands of groups working for the interests of minorities, and whites are now the victim of reverse discrimination. They encourage the reader to learn more about the United Northern and Southern knights of the Ku Klux Klan.

Residents were shocked the society is active locally, and upset that someone affiliated came through their neighborhood. Vicki Zeable said, "This is a diverse neighborhood, and there are people here that would find this hurtful. I find it hurtful for them. And I'm embarrassed as a person of white persuasion that someone—I don't want to be affiliated with this. This is not me, and there's no place in my neighborhood for this." Zeable plans to call the city Monday, to find out if the group is allowed to distribute material like this. She sees it as litter, and hopes to get a fine sent to the group's national office.

The flyers were packaged in plastic bags with a small chocolate inside, causing concern children on the street might find them first.

Messages In This Thread
Springfield residents find KKK flyers in driveways - by Scrapper - 04-15-2012, 10:09 PM