?Private Messages?
Question for kgasso or FattyWeasel...

Is there any way people who don't accept PM's can be stopped from sending PM's? In the last 2 days I have received PM's from Vis4V and SimonPeter... when I try to reply I receive a message indicating I can not due to their settings. Which leaves me no choice but to bring it out in the open for all to see. Is there something that can be done to stop them from abusing the PM system?
(10-02-2011, 09:30 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Question for kgasso or FattyWeasel...

Is there any way people who don't accept PM's can be stopped from sending PM's? In the last 2 days I have received PM's from Vis4V and SimonPeter... when I try to reply I receive a message indicating I can not due to their settings. Which leaves me no choice but to bring it out in the open for all to see. Is there something that can be done to stop them from abusing the PM system?

Simple. Ignore them. Unless you feel threatened, then report them.

That's not an adequate response. I have been the unwanted recipient of pm's as well where the sender blocked all incoming mail. If someone can send pm's they should be willing to receive them as well. If nothing else, we should then be allowed to post them publicly for everyone to see, so the rest of you can see what snakes these people are.

In fact, if this situation doesn't change, that's what I'd encourage people to do. Post these pm's publicly and watch how quickly FattyWeasel and Kgasso get a fix online. Smiling
Right on Ponder. Lets see the dirt....
It's always more fun that way, isn't it?
(10-02-2011, 09:44 AM)PonderThis Wrote: It's always more fun that way, isn't it?

SmilingYup, and I have no problem with what I PM being out in the open. The PM in question was a simple polite request that she quit attacking/harrasing me publicly. I imagine Vis4V may have tried the same thing.

You're a big boy. If anybody can take it, I'm sure you can. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Same for Visveev.
(10-02-2011, 09:49 AM)Simon Peter Wrote:
(10-02-2011, 09:44 AM)PonderThis Wrote: It's always more fun that way, isn't it?

SmilingYup, and I have no problem with what I PM being out in the open. The PM in question was a simple polite request that she quit attacking/harrasing me publicly. I imagine Vis4V may have tried the same thing.

Hardly! Dry

Nice that someone would send me a "simple polite request that she quit attacking/harrasing me publicly".... yet not allow me to PM them. Blink

Seriously... what kind of person sets up a Photobucket account entitled "Scrapperisacunt"?!?! Mad
That's like saying please, please, will you call off your attack Chihuahua? It's hurting me so! Laughing Laughing Laughing

[Image: 1171134864P0535x.jpg]
[Image: avatar_163.jpg?dateline=1316813084]This is rich. Our poster boy for pissing says please, please quit attacking/harrasing me publicly. I'm gonna chuckle over this one for some time to come. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Stop. Your hurting my feelings.Big Grin
(10-02-2011, 09:53 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-02-2011, 09:49 AM)Simon Peter Wrote:

Hardly! Dry

Nice that someone would send me a "simple polite request that she quit attacking/harrasing me publicly".... yet not allow me to PM them. Blink

Seriously... what kind of person sets up a Photobucket account entitled "Scrapperisacunt"?!?! Mad

Dear Scrapper,

As Jesus said, ''forgive them for they don't know shit from shoe polish''

(10-02-2011, 09:30 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Question for kgasso or FattyWeasel...

Put them on ignore and they cant PM you Duh this thread is useless..

(10-02-2011, 11:08 AM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: Put them on ignore and they cant PM you

I guess you know this more than anyone, huh, prime offender #1. Laughing
Agreed, this is an issue - someone with PM receipt disabled should NOT be able to send. I have plans to write a modification to the software (MyBB) to fix this, but it still can't prevent all abuse. Someone could still go into their settings, enable messaging, send their message, then immediately disable it again.

Thanks,

Kam
(10-02-2011, 11:08 AM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: Put them on ignore and they cant PM you Duh this thread is useless..

It was sweet seeing leonard come to scrappers defense.

[Image: 6136b731-8cd6-4c9d-8166-a046519879dc.jpg]
(10-02-2011, 11:17 AM)kgasso Wrote: Agreed, this is an issue - someone with PM receipt disabled should NOT be able to send. I have plans to write a modification to the software (MyBB) to fix this, but it still can't prevent all abuse. Someone could still go into their settings, enable messaging, send their message, then immediately disable it again.

Thanks,

Kam

That's OK, if it ever happens to me again I guess I'll just have to take it publicly and say something like "Gee, I really tried to respond to this PM privately, but for some reason it keeps bouncing back so I'm gonna have to just answer it here instead" and then, let fly. Laughing

How many offenses does it take to get up to 100%, and how long does it last? Laughing Laughing Laughing
(10-02-2011, 11:17 AM)kgasso Wrote: Agreed, this is an issue - someone with PM receipt disabled should NOT be able to send. I have plans to write a modification to the software (MyBB) to fix this, but it still can't prevent all abuse. Someone could still go into their settings, enable messaging, send their message, then immediately disable it again.

Thanks,

Kam

Thank you for your response, Kam... much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kam

Hey, guy...anybody told you they love you today? (smooooooooch)
Thanks for all you do!
My wife and I used to play good cop bad cop with employees. I always did need women's diplomatic touches to balance things out. Smiling