Political correctness: The insanity that is liberalism
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/02/7-...-in-groin/

Yet another glaring example of political correctness, and its contempt for common sense.
Get a life. Rolling Eyes This is about some school employee going overboard.
It has nothing to do with being politically correct or "liberalism".
This does, however, show YOUR "contempt for common sense". Dry
No, not just "some school employee"; this is a systemic issue. The entire school board, advised by lawyers and such, sets policy for this type of action.
Some random school employee does not have the power to make decisions such as this. A principal does not have the power to make a decision such as this. This type of action is ingrained in the system, which by and large, is corrupted by political correctness. This is simply another example of zero intelligence.....umm, I mean zero tolerance policies gone completely out of scale and lacking any semblance of common sense. In this instance, Hillclimber is correct.
(12-05-2011, 09:13 AM)hillclimber Wrote: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/02/7-...-in-groin/

Yet another glaring example of political correctness, and its contempt for common sense.

No doubt. This is the result of the nanny state and political correctness brought on by the liberal ilk. Instead of addressing the bullying that the libs cry so loud about, they punish the kids for self defense.

Another example.......
http://truthdive.com/2011/12/05/sexual-h...ended.html
In a really shocking incident, a 9-year-old school boy of a school in North Carolina was suspended from school for two days, accusing him of sexual Harassment for having a schoolboy crush.

Nine year old Emanyea Lockett was suspended from school for two days when he told a friend that he thought his teacher was ‘cute’.
Knock yourselves out, guys. Laughing

[Image: Flagellation-%28Engraved-Passion%29.jpg]
(12-05-2011, 09:13 AM)hillclimber Wrote: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/02/7-...-in-groin/

Your title detracts from your otherwise valid point about political correctness that can run amok. Like Scrapper said, this this is a misguided overzealous school employee not the friggin Democratic party.

It would be like me blaming conservatism because some backward thinking religious nuts want to teach creationism in science class. Oops, bad example. Many conservatives do want to force the teaching of that nonsense on other peoples kids. Let me give this some thought. I'm sure to find a better analogy.Smiling
(12-05-2011, 11:54 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Your title detracts from your otherwise valid point about political correctness that can run amok. Like Scrapper said, this this is a misguided overzealous school employee not the friggin Democratic party.

It would be like me blaming conservatism because some backward thinking religious nuts want to teach creationism in science class. Oops, bad example. Many conservatives do want to force the teaching of that nonsense on other peoples kids. Let me give this some thought. I'm sure to find a better analogy.Smiling

Well Cletus it pains me to try and be objective... no it doesn'tLaughingLaughing But IMO most of the time there are ignorant things like this PC stuff it is indeed far left libs bringing it on.

And where did HC blames the democratic party? or even liberals?
(12-05-2011, 11:54 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Your title detracts from your otherwise valid point about political correctness that can run amok. Like Scrapper said, this this is a misguided overzealous school employee not the friggin Democratic party.

Absolutely wrong.. No employee would make such misguided moves were they not thoroughly indoctrinated to do so.. And my title fits the bill very well. It is leftist thought that has led to this horrible nanny state mess, from which these rulings spew.

Quote: It would be like me blaming conservatism because some backward thinking religious nuts want to teach creationism in science class. Oops, bad example. Many conservatives do want to force the teaching of that nonsense on other peoples kids. Let me give this some thought. I'm sure to find a better analogy.Smiling

Your analogy fits your intent well.. I support teaching creationism, as long as evolution is taught. But of course creationism is not being taught in public school. Neither can be supported in science, so either teach both or neither.. I prefer neither, because public school teachers would thoroughly botch creationism.

I'll take what you label "backward", which stands the tests of time, over your progressive pseudo elitist "awakened awareness" movement every time.
Yes, I'm willing to believe what was popularly thought 3,000 years ago rather than what people have learned in the 3,000 years since then too. Laughing Laughing Laughing

[/quote]
He blames liberals in the thread title and I used "democrats" as an example of a liberal group to show the absurdity of blaming liberals in general. I am a liberal democrat and I think, hey good for the kid that kicked the bully in the nuts.
Quote:HC.. I support teaching creationism, as long as evolution is taught. But of course creationism is not being taught in public school. Neither can be supported in science, so either teach both or neither.

Evolution is supported by science. It has been for a very long time. How you can dismiss such a glaring and obvious part of the way all life is formed on this planet in favor of your mythology just shows how far religious brain washing can go.
(12-05-2011, 12:44 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(12-05-2011, 12:32 PM)tvguy Wrote:

He blames liberals in the thread title OOPS OK I missed that and I used "democrats" as an example of a liberal group to show the absurdity of blaming liberals in general. I am a liberal democrat and I think, hey good for the kid that kicked the bully in the nuts.
[/quote]

Yes well I thought the same as you about the kid. Nevertheless I just don't think it's such a far out stretch to consider that this bullshit is indeed and example of extreme liberalism and these people are indeed democrats.
Just like the extreme libs who take many other positions. Like never cutting any tree. Like never shooting any animal. Like not needing borders or a military.

(12-05-2011, 01:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Quote:HC.. I support teaching creationism, as long as evolution is taught. But of course creationism is not being taught in public school. Neither can be supported in science, so either teach both or neither.

Evolution is supported by science. It has been for a very long time. How you can dismiss such a glaring and obvious part of the way all life is formed on this planet in favor of your mythology just shows how far religious brain washing can go.
This thread is in the wrong place

So are you.
How so Ponder ? Touchy today are we ?
The origins of Political Correctness

There is almost no information in this source you provide from which to intelligently conclude anything.

Oh, that explains why you started it.
The Gibby Twins were always waiting for me on the bus. Together, they weighed five times what I did. And, they were on a nigger hunt, to prove to the Fords, what good citizens Gibbys were. I got a broken nose, when they got me trapped. I always went for their noses. Either one (Because They were twins, and you couldn't tell which one was the hemophiliac). I did manage to send him home bleeding. But, he was back in a few days. So, I flatted the top of the cottonwood that had fallen across deer creek and built myself a bridge to school. The trouble was, the other end of the bridge was in the Klansmen's gravel yard. All the kids used my bridge, but I was the only one the workers there threw rocks at. They got me in the head with one, and I came too with a grown man kicking me. I was twelve. I saw double for a couple of weeks, and had some trouble with my balance. I fought three events with a concussion.
(04-15-2012, 05:19 PM)Simon Peter Wrote: The origins of Political Correctness

Nice.
"It was good for Paul and Silas"