Great Day....
for the beach! Forecast is for mid to high 60's. Big Grin

[Image: rvcam-north.jpg]
(12-01-2011, 10:48 AM)Valuesize Wrote: for the beach! Forecast is for mid to high 60's. Big Grin

Yeah it's going to be nice over there.I thought you took that pic until I discoverd it was a webcam thingy. I just came in and my toes is frozeBig Grin
There's hardly a day that some place in Oregon doesn't hit the seventies, or eighties. For about five minutes.
Gosh, I do love the Oregon beaches. If only you could swim in them during the summer...
The old website has been revamped and offers more views than the old one. It can be found here.....

http://www.port-brookings-harbor.com/

[Image: video4.mjpg]

[Image: video4.mjpg]

[Image: LVChannel20111216082717000N.JPG]
(12-03-2011, 12:57 PM)TennisMom Wrote: Gosh, I do love the Oregon beaches. If only you could swim in them during the summer...

Two words.. Wet suit.

Two more words.. Great whiteBig Grin
Yes, I know the waters here are considered to be 'sharky' by surfers. Eek!
Last year on the New Jersey shore, my brother's mother-in-law was standing in water up to her knees chatting with someone when she felt a bump. It wasn't until she got out and people started hollering at her that she discovered she got bitten by a shark! She went to the hospital and got stitches in her calf which had a big chunk taken out. In two feet of water!!!!! Twitch

Those Brookings Harbor pics are LOVELY; makes me wanna go back there. We're saving our shekels for our trip to Tucson or we'd drag the Airstream out of mothballs for a quick trip. We could so some crabbin'. Oh, wait... Wasn't the season postponed?
Sad
Great Whites breed in Tamales.
(12-16-2011, 02:17 PM)TennisMom Wrote: Wasn't the season postponed?
Sad

My neighbor said that is the commercial crabbing. They went to Bandon Wed. and got their limit. Mentioned the Fish & Game were on the docks all day checking limits.....Laughing
Whats the limit ?
(12-16-2011, 02:17 PM)TennisMom Wrote: Yes, I know the waters here are considered to be 'sharky' by surfers. Eek!
Last year on the New Jersey shore, my brother's mother-in-law was standing in water up to her knees chatting with someone when she felt a bump. It wasn't until she got out and people started hollering at her that she discovered she got bitten by a shark! She went to the hospital and got stitches in her calf which had a big chunk taken out. In two feet of water!!!!! Twitch

Those Brookings Harbor pics are LOVELY; makes me wanna go back there. We're saving our shekels for our trip to Tucson or we'd drag the Airstream out of mothballs for a quick trip. We could so some crabbin'. Oh, wait... Wasn't the season postponed?
Sad

Crabbing is open in the bays all year long. Like VS said the restrictions are for the open ocean.
(12-16-2011, 04:10 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: Whats the limit ?

12 dungeness
Per person ?
(12-16-2011, 04:26 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: Per person ?

yup
I'll be sitting on the dock at Charlston, on Sunday. A dungenous crab is a feast. Crab Louis? Crab Cakes? Crab Pot Pie?
(12-16-2011, 03:17 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
Sad

My neighbor said that is the commercial crabbing. They went to Bandon Wed. and got their limit. Mentioned the Fish & Game were on the docks all day checking limits.....Laughing

Whoa, really? Maybe we could go out just for the day.
We have a fishing license - do you need a separate license for shellfish?
(12-17-2011, 11:36 AM)TennisMom Wrote:
Sad

I don't think you need any license from the docks. TV? I wish I could go today but I have too many other things planned. Maybe tomorrow....
Check out the weather!
http://www.wunderground.com/US/OR/Brookings.html

Do you have a crab trap? I bought ours at BiMart and the nylon cord too.

[Image: 16in_star_crab_trap_b350_78165big.jpg]
(12-17-2011, 12:02 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
Sad

I don't think you need any license from the docks. TV? I wish I could go today but I have too many other things planned. Maybe tomorrow....
Check out the weather!

Yes you need a fishing license to catch crab.
How about on B Street Pier, Crescent City? It's 63 right now. Smiling

[Image: bstreet03.jpg]
(12-17-2011, 12:02 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
Sad

Check out the weather!

You'll need a shellfish license which is only $7. From the dock i use 3 good size rings and have the best luck an hour before slack tide to about an hour after. If there are any sea lions around you might wanna tie your bait to the underside of your ring or trap. Good luck.