Cat burned
Was this the act of some sadistic ass? How did this cat come to be burned
? The examiners have ruled out a house fire. Makes you wonder:

[Image: bilde?Site=MM&Date=20111224&Category=NEW...der=0&Q=90]http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../112240305

By Ryan Pfeil
Mail Tribune
The appearance Thursday of a severely burned cat at the Best Friends Animal Hospital was enough to bring several staff members to tears.
The orange, year-old feline, named Meshach by clinic staffers, was found in Eagle Point at about 4 p.m. Thursday.
Meshach, named after a biblical character thrown into a fire, was brought to the veterinary clinic for severe burns on his face and beneath his tail, his fur blackened in several spots and his eyes swollen almost shut.
Those who have examined the injuries don't think they were from a house fire. The pads on Meshach's paws were untouched, and he had no respiratory issues, making it appear the attack was intentional.
"Some kind of a flammable liquid got on him and then ignited," said Lori Slate, Best Friends manager.
The injured cat showed up on the porch of Eagle Point resident Michael Finn. It was a stray Finn described as very affectionate that had been coming and going for several weeks.
"It was the sweetest cat. It was just horrifying to think someone could do something like that," Finn said.
Finn's wife, Summer, called Jackson County Animal Control, which picked Meshach up and transported him to Best Friends.

The veterinarians cleaned Meshach's wounds, spread ointment on his swollen eyes and gave him pain medication and antibiotics.
After resting and eating, Meshach has responded to the treatments.
"He eats like a horse," said veterinarian Margarita Garcia, adding that Meshach can now clean himself and hold his head up.
He has a good chance at survival, Garcia said. "Right now I think he's fine."
Meshach is the second animal to be named by Best Friends staff after a biblical character tossed into a furnace who survived. Shadrach, a mixed-breed dog that was blinded by a wildfire last year, also was treated there. Shadrach was later adopted.
Veterinary staffers are hopeful a similarly happy ending is in sight for Meshach. They believe they already have found a place for him.
Until then, they said, he just needs to keep healing.
For some reason cats are the recipients of intentional cruelty fairly often. I've talked to adult men who bragged of various forms of cat abuse when they were younger, and they've generally gone on from there to live basically sadistic lives with little or no regard for others afterwards, too.

Even on this forum I've seen people not seem much upset when their dogs kill cats, not to mention any names.
You mean like taking a gunny sack full of kittens and drowning them in the pond ? Within the farmers context historically speaking cats were an asset until/unless they were a nuisance. They can die readily in a farm setting anyway so there seems to be a detachment in this respect . Not that there is any excuse for this inhumane behavior .
(12-24-2011, 11:59 AM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: You mean like taking a gunny sack full of kittens and drowning them in the pond ?

No. Far worse.
Going after TV Guy ........ Well , this place is gonna be slow for a few I reckon , maybe you can milk this angle for a littel heat eh ?
I didn't mention TVguy.
You two lost me.
(12-24-2011, 12:13 PM)Tiamat Wrote: You two lost me.
Ponder brought TV's cat killing pooch up in respects to his disposition towards cat's not being humane . Of course seeing it is Xmas and all he didn't actually mention TV as if anyone following the TV Ponder match up isn't Qued in on. In effect an invitation to a flaming session to TV. Basically Ponder is associating the person who burned this cat with TV.

(12-24-2011, 11:43 AM)PonderThis Wrote: For some reason cats are the recipients of intentional cruelty fairly often. I've talked to adult men who bragged of various forms of cat abuse when they were younger, and they've generally gone on from there to live basically sadistic lives with little or no regard for others afterwards, too.

Even on this forum I've seen people not seem much upset when their dogs kill cats, not to mention any names.

I mentioned a while back that my rottweiler killed a cat that was in my yard. Actually he caught it and my other dog finished it off.
There are too many cats where I live, strays mostly. I know the ones that are pets and they are to smart to come in to my yard.
The other ones have sprayed urine inside my cars and inside my shop or they leave muddy footprints on my cars, crap in my garden etc.
So EXCUUUUUSE me if If I was not so grief stricken that I had a break down and collapsed uncontrollably crying in the showerLaughingLaughing
Gasoline and matches are all present and accounted for , Ponder ??? What say you ?
You seem to enjoy a one sided conversation and think you know all, have at it.
Well , now that that is settled. Lets hope critters have a safe and warm xmas too. Big Grin
Looks like it's a typical RVF morning! I'm thinking this is a warm up, since it's not even noon yet.
Crappy holidays. Smiling
Nah, I don't let this place get to me.
I have some flutes to turn , it's always xmas when I get one to the point where I can sound it and see what character the tone has. So far things are going quite well for it being the time that it is , I got some positive momentum going Tia , you can have some of it . Wink
(12-24-2011, 12:53 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Crappy holidays. Smiling
Considering you want nothing to do with your family , I can see how that would be the case.
I have Christmas planned with neighbors, and it was a term I saw used on another forum today. Smiling

If my family wasn't so full of those damn Christians maybe I'd get along with them better.
(12-24-2011, 01:07 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote:
Considering you want nothing to do with your family , I can see how that would be the case.

What? That's awful...
(12-24-2011, 01:15 PM)hillclimber Wrote:
(12-24-2011, 01:07 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote:

What? That's awful...

It's true, I come from a family that believes it's OK to beat their kids in the name of God. There's quite a bit more to the religious nuttiness in my family, but that's a good start.