Breaking: Shooting a/ W. Medford Albertsons
January 05, 2012

One man is dead in the Albertsons parking lot near the intersection of West Main Street and Ross Lane in Medford after multiple shots were fired shortly after 5:30 p.m.

Police from across the Rogue Valley are heading to the shopping center in west Medford, where areas have been cordoned off. Some shoppers can't get their cars to leave. Police have gathered witnesses to the shooting and moved them away from the scene. Officers are surrounding the area, searching for details and working with witnesses.

We will post more details as they are available.

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll...F201050335
(01-05-2012, 07:00 PM)Clone Wrote: January 05, 2012

One man is dead in the Albertsons parking lot near the intersection of West Main Street and Ross Lane in Medford after multiple shots were fired shortly after 5:30 p.m.

Police from across the Rogue Valley are heading to the shopping center in west Medford, where areas have been cordoned off. Some shoppers can't get their cars to leave. Police have gathered witnesses to the shooting and moved them away from the scene. Officers are surrounding the area, searching for details and working with witnesses.

We will post more details as they are available.

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll...F201050335

Glad I didn't go over there. Of course I would have gone to Thunderbird, not Alberton's but it's the same way. I saw some police cars speeding away over the "Big X" bridge towards there on my way home about half an hour ago.
More from the MT

Quote:Updated 6:25 p.m.At the scene, an unmarked police car with flashing lights is smashed into the front end of a silver-gray vehicle with a shattered windshield. A young, white man lies dead on the pavement near the vehicles as officers from Central Point police and Jackson County Sheriff's Department work to shield the body from the view of shoppers coming out of Albertsons. To the south, a sport-utility vehicle has plowed into another car.

About 40 witnesses have been taken to an automotive shop on the west side of the parking lot where investigators can collect their statements.
(01-05-2012, 07:27 PM)tvguy Wrote: More from the MT

Quote:Updated 6:25 p.m.At the scene, an unmarked police car with flashing lights is smashed into the front end of a silver-gray vehicle with a shattered windshield. A young, white man lies dead on the pavement near the vehicles as officers from Central Point police and Jackson County Sheriff's Department work to shield the body from the view of shoppers coming out of Albertsons. To the south, a sport-utility vehicle has plowed into another car.

About 40 witnesses have been taken to an automotive shop on the west side of the parking lot where investigators can collect their statements.

Oh, man. Just stopping off at the grocery store on your way home and have to see death and then wait around to give a statement.
(01-05-2012, 07:45 PM)Clone Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 07:27 PM)tvguy Wrote: More from the MT

Oh, man. Just stopping off at the grocery store on your way home and have to see death and then wait around to give a statement.

No fun.Sad
Looks like it's the Federal Marshals...

MEDFORD, Ore. -- Medford Police say Federal U.S. Marshals were attempting to make an arrest.

There is one deceased subject, which Medford Police believe is the same person the Marshals were trying to arrest.

Medford Police say they are the lead angency on the scene. The medical examiner and District Attorney are also on the scene. Medford Police say they plan on staying on the scene through the night.

Medford Police say no officers were injured. Medford Police also say they do not know the exact circumstances surrounding the shooting. They also say Albertsons is temporarily closed.

http://kdrv.com/page/235428
Happy New Year...welcome to Methford.
(01-05-2012, 08:19 PM)broadzilla Wrote: Happy New Year...welcome to Methford.

It's a little early to blame Medford or meth isn't it?
Schmedford.
(01-05-2012, 09:07 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Schmedford.

I don't get it?
Schmucks live in Medford?
Don't point at me, I'm just making suggestions.
I'm just deflecting till BZ's prediction comes true. Based on Crazy Lace's surmise of the town. It's all in good humour.
Why is the news cast slower to report these stories than the paper?
Got this from FB

FEDERAL FUGITIVE SHOT BY U.S. MARSHALS
Medford, Oregon - Today at approximately 5:40 pm, Deputy U.S. Marshals located and attempted to apprehend a federal fugitive at an Albertson's store parking lot in Medford, Oregon. The subject was wanted for a Federal Probation Violation warrant dated December 21, 2011. The original charge was assault of a Deputy U.S. Marshal which occurred on October 5, 2009. While attempting to apprehend the subject, he used his vehicle as a deadly weapon. Deputy Marshals discharged their firearms striking the subject. The Subject is deceased. No U.S. Marshals personnel or officers were injured. This incident is ongoing and the identity of the deceased fugitive will be released as soon as possible. The Medford Police Department and the Oregon State Police are assisting in the investigation of this incident.

Sounds like he was a man on the run. Lesson of the story is don't assault a US Marshall and violate your probabion.
(01-05-2012, 10:24 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Why is the news cast slower to report these stories than the paper?

The wonders of the internet?

There is a 10:00 news conference scheduled. News 10 will have it and most likely the other channels also.
(01-05-2012, 10:32 PM)imaham Wrote: Got this from FB

Medford, Oregon - Today at approximately 5:40 pm, Deputy U.S. Marshals located and attempted to apprehend a federal fugitive at an Albertson's store parking lot in Medford, Oregon. The subject was wanted for a Federal Probation Violation warrant dated December 21, 2011. The original charge was assault of a Deputy U.S. Marshal which occurred on October 5, 2009. While attempting to apprehend the subject, he used his vehicle as a deadly weapon. Deputy Marshals discharged their firearms striking the subject. The Subject is deceased. No U.S. Marshals personnel or officers were injured. This incident is ongoing and the identity of the deceased fugitive will be released as soon as possible. The Medford Police Department and the Oregon State Police are assisting in the investigation of this incident.

Sounds like he was a man on the run. Lesson of the story is don't assault a US Marshall and violate your probabion.

I am so relieved no one else was hurt.
These marshals are pros, eh?
They got their man and no one else was injured.
Whew!
(01-05-2012, 10:45 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 10:24 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Why is the news cast slower to report these stories than the paper?

The wonders of the internet?

There is a 10:00 news conference scheduled. News 10 will have it and most likely the other channels also.

Which newsite puts it one quicker?Unsure

Well, how does this scew the stat rates for littl' ol' medford?

(01-05-2012, 10:49 PM)Clone Wrote:

Whew!

While I don't bemoan the hurt/damage/death of anyone, here is a kind of example.....what do we know about these folks to call them pros....yet? What information do we have to make assessments with. Oh, an ode to CometMom!Smiling
News conference is on now....

http://www.ktvl.com/
(01-05-2012, 10:59 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(01-05-2012, 10:49 PM)Clone Wrote:

Whew!

While I don't bemoan the hurt/damage/death of anyone, here is a kind of example.....what do we know about these folks to call them pros....yet? What information do we have to make assessments with. Oh, an ode to CometMom!Smiling

They are people just like any of us. They are professionals in that they are trained to be so. A step above your average cop in most cases.
My niece is married to one of them in Medford. I don't know at this time if he was involved in this or not.