George Washington on a chicken nugget
You could be the lucky bidder: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/neb...57054.html

[Image: Nugget.jpg]

Excerpt: "A Nebraska woman is auctioning a three-year-old McDonald's Chicken McNugget she believes resembles our nation's first president, George Washington. And it looks like she's on pace to make some cash in the sale. But, it's all for a good cause.

The Sioux City Journal reports that Rebekah Speights is selling the patriotic McNugget to help raise money for a church summer camp. As of posting time, the McNugget had received 17 different bids and was going for $356 on Ebay. The auction is scheduled to end on March 1st.

"I looked down at the McNugget and just started laughing," Speights told the Journal. "I saw this portrait of George Washington staring back at me."

So, how did she discover the politically-themed piece of poultry? Speights writes on her Ebay page: "As I was cleaning up, I noticed one particular nugget and began to laugh. I picked it up for a closer look, and sure enough it was in the likeness of President George Washington. I decided to take it home and show my husband this hysterical find."

And like George Washington himself, this McNugget is no spring chicken. Speights writes that she nearly ate it while dining at a Sioux City McDonald's three years ago. After her children refused to eat the McNugget, Speights says she noticed the resemblance to Washington.

And now, the nugget itself appears to have a spiritual journey of sorts. "We have shared many laughs over this 'President George Washington Chicken McNugget,' Speights writes. "But now he has been called to a higher purpose."

The Sioux City Family Worship Center is hoping to raise $15,000 to send 50 children to a summer camp, though presumably not entirely from the sale of the McNugget..."
(02-24-2012, 02:54 AM)PonderThis Wrote: You could be the lucky bidder:
.."
<Snip>

Posted just before 2:00 AM?
Ponder, ya gotta get more sleep.
But this is fascinating. I'm sending copies to all my representatives in Salem and Washington. Not my County officials: Assuming they already got your note. Smiling
Looks more like honest abe to me, but I'm more worried about the fact it still looks the same after 3 years. Do McNuggets have a half life?
I don't know*. I tried to look this auction up on ebay, just to see how it's doing now, and oddly enough it shows this auction ended already with no bids whatsoever - which certainly doesn't mesh with this story. Now I'm wondering what the real story really is. Here's a link to the expired auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...true&rt=nc (I had to sign in to see it as a completed auction, I don't know if others will have to too or if that link will work - the auction title was "Rare “President George Washington Chicken McNugget")

*the auction text helpfully includes "Please note: This “President George Washington Chicken McNugget" is not being sold for human consumption" - I think that means it still would be OK for a dog.
(02-24-2012, 10:00 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I don't know*. I tried to look this auction up on ebay, just to see how it's doing now, and oddly enough it shows this auction ended already with no bids whatsoever - which certainly doesn't mesh with this story. Now I'm wondering what the real story really is. Here's a link to the expired auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...true&rt=nc (I had to sign in to see it as a completed auction, I don't know if others will have to too or if that link will work - the auction title was "Rare “President George Washington Chicken McNugget")

*the auction text helpfully includes "Please note: This “President George Washington Chicken McNugget" is not being sold for human consumption" - I think that means it still would be OK for a dog.

Not a dog one loved! Big Grin

I like to put things like that down within the dogs reach someplace, and if he eats it I then figure it's on him. They are scavengers, you know. Smiling

Sometime maybe I'll tell the story of the guy that smuggled an authentic shrunken head out of South America. It grossed me out, and it grossed out his girlfriend so much she forbid it to be within the confines of their house. Reluctantly he stashed his prize head away in the shop someplace where his dog ate it. OK, I told the story anyway.
I have a used piece of toilet paper, that has the image of Abe Lincoln on it.
I wonder if I should get it appraised?
(02-24-2012, 10:57 PM)chuck white Wrote: I have a used piece of toilet paper, that has the image of Abe Lincoln on it.
I wonder if I should get it appraised?

At the very least, laminate it....
*SOLD*
DAKOTA CITY, Neb. (AP) -- Call it McWashington.
A Nebraska woman has sold a three-year-old McDonald's Chicken McNugget that resembles President George Washington for $8,100 on eBay.
The Sioux City Journal ( http://bit.ly/z2wK9S ) in Iowa says bidding ended just after 11:30 a.m. Monday.
Rebekah Speight of Dakota City sold the McNugget to raise money for a drive to raise $15,000 and send 50 children to summer church camp in Sioux City.
Speight says her children didn't eat the chicken during a McDonald's visit three years ago. She was about to toss it, then spotted Washington's resemblance. Speight stashed the McNugget in her freezer.
eBay had temporarily taken down the auction last month because it violated rules regulating expired food.
She later received an email saying the site was "willing to make exceptions to help your cause."
Eeww.. it looks like Washington if he had Elephantiasis.. and was deep fried.
While chasing down some thieving forebears, I ran across our Georgie, in a pretty compromising position. Taking his paycheck from a Scotch/Cherokee land grabber, who needed a king out of his way. I tried everything, but this won't wash. Georgie was dirty.
(03-06-2012, 07:22 PM)illcommandante Wrote: While chasing down some thieving forebears, I ran across our Georgie, in a pretty compromising position. Taking his paycheck from a Scotch/Cherokee land grabber, who needed a king out of his way. I tried everything, but this won't wash. Georgie was dirty.

I went to the spot on the Delaware River where he and a couple of my forbears crossed. I don't know about dirty, but I can testify they must have been very very cold! Smiling
George spent his time making up stories for the troops who wanted to know when Willie was sending their paychecks. Blount cheated his troops again, at The Battle Of New Orleans.