Nobel Peace Prize
Even though they long ago lost any credibility with me, this one is over the top.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/brad...31996.html

Bradley Manning? Seriously?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_E._Manning
(02-27-2012, 04:59 PM)Larry Wrote: Even though they long ago lost any credibility with me, this one is over the top.

Bill Clinton? Seriously? Piece prize yes. Peace price no.

You are correct in your credibility statement. Is the panel a group of asylum residents?
(02-27-2012, 05:04 PM)tornado Wrote:
(02-27-2012, 04:59 PM)Larry Wrote: Even though they long ago lost any credibility with me, this one is over the top.

Bill Clinton? Seriously? Piece prize yes. Peace price no.

You are correct in your credibility statement. Is the panel a group of asylum residents?

The only thing I can think about them is that they must be EXTREMELY predjudiced AGAINST the United States of America.
Or perhaps you no longer represent the middle... Smiling
(02-27-2012, 06:43 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Or perhaps you no longer represent the middle... Smiling

Are you agreeing with the Nobel panel that this miscreant traitor to his country should be a nominee for the Peace Prize? This is a yes or no question, so spare us the extra America hating vitriol.
On a world scale, yes. Bradley Manning is a hero. He truly has the best interests for humanity as a whole in mind.
(02-27-2012, 06:58 PM)PonderThis Wrote: On a world scale, yes. Bradley Manning is a hero. He truly has the best interests for humanity as a whole in mind.

That is all I needed to hear.
(02-27-2012, 06:58 PM)PonderThis Wrote: On a world scale, yes. Bradley Manning is a hero. He truly has the best interests for humanity as a whole in mind.

I agree.
And the inhumane treatment he has received from the U.S. makes him a hero.
The whole world is watching. The whole world is watching. The whole world is watching.
Who cares ? I know I don't , and as soon as things heat up in the middle neither will anyone else. The world deserves what it is gonna get when Ma Earth rumbles back to life big time .
(02-27-2012, 07:14 PM)Clone Wrote:

I agree.
The whole world is watching. The whole world is watching. The whole world is watching.

Noted.
(02-27-2012, 07:14 PM)Clone Wrote:

I agree.

A rebel looking ANYWHERE for a cause.
(02-27-2012, 09:57 PM)tvguy Wrote: A rebel looking ANYWHERE for a cause.

Why don't you discuss something you know something about instead of directly aiming personal attack bombs of no substance/no basis in fact?
(02-27-2012, 10:11 PM)Clone Wrote:

Why don't you discuss something you know something about instead of directly aiming personal attack bombs of no substance/no basis in fact?

I do know about far out extreme lefties. I learned it all right here.Laughing
Apparently any cause that is anti anything is as good now as it was back in Haight Ashbury.
(02-27-2012, 10:11 PM)Clone Wrote:

I do know about far out extreme lefties. I learned it all right here.Laughing
Apparently any cause that is anti anything is as good now as it was back in Haight Ashbury.

A rebel looking ANYWHERE for a cause. A rebel looking ANYWHERE for a cause. A rebel looking ANYWHERE for a cause.
The world is watching, Geek
you're against pictures of people playing dead, but you're all for actually killing people.
Is that about right?
(02-27-2012, 10:35 PM)bbqboy Wrote: you're against pictures of people playing dead, but you're all for actually killing people.
Is that about right?

You don't deserve an answer but I'll give you one anyway. I'm not for killing anyone unless it's absolutely necessary. Wow you really must slurp up the crap Ponder spews if you really think so.

I'm not against a picture of people playing dead I just think that a child would have no idea that it was people playing, and that there must be a freaking reason we have this feature we are supposed to use to hide offensive pictures.

Buy then you knew all that didn't you. You just like being an ass to me. You are as transparent as anyone can be and a vindictive little punk to boot. Have a great day.Laughing .
Like TV considers his posts to always be "family friendly", and the forum has become a kiddy forum somehow. Laughing
We rant because we can.

Larry, from the Weekly Standard piece you posted:

A wide range of submissions come in every year from lawmakers, university professors and others with nomination rights, but the decision rests solely with a five-member panel appointed by Norway’s parliament."

Many are nominated and most are not awarded.

"Many are called but few are chosen" The Good Book tells us.

The Weekly Standard may be losing credibility as a news outlet. Always a conservative voice (not that there is anything wrong with that Big Grin) it may be seen now as an anti-anyting but right wing voice.

But to the issue: I am always suspect of anyone who sees it as his or her right, and duty, to release information deemed "not ready for prime time". While whistle blowing has proven to be valuable and promotes social good, it can sometimes wreck havoc with institutional strategy. Only time will tell in this specific case: The judgment can't be made until all the facts are sifted and parsed.
"Institutional strategy" be damned. Smiling That's just another way of saying protecting entrenched interests, control freaks and fuddy duddies.
(02-28-2012, 06:23 AM)PonderThis Wrote: "Institutional strategy" be damned. Smiling That's just another way of saying protecting entrenched interests, control freaks and fuddy duddies.

Is it now? Well. A statement that radical might be in need of some supporting prose.