10 of the Most Irritating Phrases
[Image: 10-of-the-Most-Irritating-Phrases-in-English-ch.jpg]

I agree some of these have a certain irritating quality. IMO, another one is 'in a perfect world'.

1. At the end of the day

2. Fairly unique

3. I personally

4. At this moment in time

5. With all due respect

6. Absolutely

7. It’s a nightmare

8. Shouldn’t of

9. 24-7

10. It’s not rocket science

http://www.rd.com/family/10-of-the-most-...-language/
I've heard worse.
I notice"SimonPeter" is missing from that list.
(03-16-2012, 06:01 PM)chuck white Wrote: I've heard worse.

Remember when people were saying 'Exactly!' when agreeing with you? That one got irritating also.
(03-16-2012, 06:38 PM)Clone Wrote:

Remember when people were saying 'Exactly!' when agreeing with you? That one got irritating also.

You got tired of people agreeing with you? Eek!

Well... I disagree!
(03-16-2012, 06:45 PM)Green Wrote:

You got tired of people agreeing with you? Eek!

Well... I disagree!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hi Green!

(03-16-2012, 05:42 PM)Clone Wrote: [Image: 10-of-the-Most-Irritating-Phrases-in-English-ch.jpg]

I agree some of these have a certain irritating quality. IMO, another one is 'in a perfect world'.

1. At the end of the day

2. Fairly unique

3. I personally

4. At this moment in time

5. With all due respect

6. Absolutely

7. It’s a nightmare

8. Shouldn’t of

9. 24-7

10. It’s not rocket science

http://www.rd.com/family/10-of-the-most-...-language/

At the end of the day, it's not rocket science to use absolutely everyone of these fairly unique phrases 24/7. It's a nightmare task, and I know I shouldn't of mentioned it, but I personally, with my fairly unique personality, at this moment in time actually took this on as a challenge. Perhaps not necessary in a perfect world, but still... Smiling
(03-16-2012, 07:02 PM)PonderThis Wrote: At the end of the day, it's not rocket science to use absolutely everyone of these fairly unique phrases 24/7. It's a nightmare task, and I know I shouldn't of mentioned it, but I personally, with my fairly unique personality, at this moment in time actually took this on as a challenge. Perhaps not necessary in a perfect world, but still... Smiling

Bravo! Bravo!
Hear! Hear!
You done did good there, PonderThis! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Now I have to go find the Exedrine. Mad

Totally.

No, I mean yesTwitch I agree and saying totally is just as bad.
slippery slope
But I digress
Ya unnnerstand?

ya no what I mean

ya no what I'm sayin
I used to faithfully watch all those Househunter shows on TLC.
After a while, I get so sick of all the women walking into a house and exclaiming: "Woooooow!"
They would walk all over the place repeating: "Wooooooooow."
That's rather grating...especially with a nasal type voice resembling Fran Dreschers.
(03-16-2012, 07:49 PM)Clone Wrote: I used to faithfully watch all those Househunter shows on TLC.
After a while, I get so sick of all the women walking into a house and exclaiming: "Woooooow!"
They would walk all over the place repeating: "Wooooooooow."
That's rather grating...especially with a nasal type voice resembling Fran Dreschers.

Oh my God!, I thought you were going to say... "Oh my God" that's GOT to be on the top of the list of annoying phrases.
(03-16-2012, 08:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: Oh my God!, I thought you were going to say... "Oh my God" that's GOT to be on the top of the list of annoying phrases.

I love the pic of the church sign board that says: Yelling 'oh my god' in bed on Sunday morning is not a church service.
Man-cave.
Amazing.
Lol.

I'll think of some more.
(03-16-2012, 08:28 PM)Clone Wrote:
(03-16-2012, 08:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: Oh my God!, I thought you were going to say... "Oh my God" that's GOT to be on the top of the list of annoying phrases.

I love the pic of the church sign board that says: Yelling 'oh my god' in bed on Sunday morning is not a church service.

Yeah, it's way better than any church service I ever attended!
(03-16-2012, 08:28 PM)Clone Wrote: I love the pic of the church sign board that says: Yelling 'oh my god' in bed on Sunday morning is not a church service.

[Image: CLONEGOINGTOHELL.jpg]
Laughing Laughing Twitch Laughing Laughing
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Me too, Clone!
You know people go to Hell for the company! Wink