Pharmaceutical Industry vs. Cannabis
I am truly feeling uneasy about taking an anti-depressant. Finally, after 5 years or so, I'm reading up on how they work, what they do and the possible side effects. I also know what it feels like when I stop taking them, so I don't stop.

I've been seriously considering Medical Marijuana as a completely natural, far superior treatment.

I found this YouTube tonight, it has a lot of information.
People need to become educated about this issue, they need to bring this out in the open.
It's no joke the pharmaceutical companies are deadset against this...so it's convenient for them when folks still consider it the Killer Weed.

========================================

Pharmaceutical Industry vs. Cannabis

The stupid war between these two still rages on even though there is a clear winner.

Legalize, not legal lies!

[Image: screen-shot-2011-07-07-at-10-10-03-pm.png]

"If (Marijuana) were unknown, and bio-prospectors were suddenly to find it in some remote mountain crevice, it's discovery would no doubt be hailed as a medical breakthrough. Scientists would praise it's potential for treating everything from pain to cancer and marvel at it's rich pharmacopoeia; many of whose chemicals mimic vital molecules in the human body." - The Economist
Have you talked to a holistic Dr. in your area. maybe they can help.
Clone, I was under the impression you were already smoking pot.
You have always seemed enlightened. I have always considered pot to be a vital part of my healthy activities. I call it the oil for my engine that keeps things from wearing out. There is a lot of social stigma associated with smoking pot. That why I have always been open about it. I hope to show people that it is not what they think. The funny thing is I often get labeled a "drug addict" and the truth is those 'straight' people have more drugs in their life then I do. (just because their legal they don't see that). When you look in me medicine cabinet, you find some Tums (good source of Calcium), a ten year old bottle of Aspirin and non-fluoride toothpaste. My biggest drug problem is coffee. (yes, I consider coffee to be a drug).
I am not a doctor, but I would tell you, anti-depressants are not something I would recommend to anyone.
(06-16-2012, 07:24 AM)chuck white Wrote: Clone, I was under the impression you were already smoking pot.
You have always seemed enlightened. I have always considered pot to be a vital part of my healthy activities. I call it the oil for my engine that keeps things from wearing out. There is a lot of social stigma associated with smoking pot. That why I have always been open about it. I hope to show people that it is not what they think. The funny thing is I often get labeled a "drug addict" and the truth is those 'straight' people have more drugs in their life then I do. (just because their legal they don't see that). When you look in me medicine cabinet, you find some Tums (good source of Calcium), a ten year old bottle of Aspirin and non-fluoride toothpaste. My biggest drug problem is coffee. (yes, I consider coffee to be a drug).
I am not a doctor, but I would tell you, anti-depressants are not something I would recommend to anyone.

Thanks, Chuck!
I stopped smoking weed when one of my sons, as a high school teenager, got into trouble with the law over it. Also, random drug testing at a job that never materialized, but employees were in fear over it happening.

I have done enough research now that I realize there really is a pharmaceutical benefit to the substance, it's not just for party time.

I hadn't kept up on research, after all, it's just a little pill, but validated research is now questioning if they truly work at all. In a couple of tests, patients with the placebo did much better!

Tom Cruise was right, actually. Fooling around with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors is fooling around with your actual brain function. Some suggest the medication doesn't recognize the different 'tonins and inhibits any and all reuptakers.

Duh...

I wonder if my Assembly of God family nurse practitioner will give me the papers. Confused
I consider pot a gateway drug to.... whatever.. I've seen this over and over again and again, with youngsters.. At your age, my argument seems less valid, but IMO, if you are experiencing depression, I would most certainly contact my physician, and I would avoid pot at all costs.. I think you are only looking for a way to smoke dope legally. You will still break federal law.. I think
(06-16-2012, 03:31 PM)hillclimber Wrote: I would avoid pot at all costs.

Yes, we know what you would do. Laughing
(06-16-2012, 03:31 PM)hillclimber Wrote: I consider pot a gateway drug to.... whatever.. I've seen this over and over again and again, with youngsters.. At your age, my argument seems less valid, but IMO, if you are experiencing depression, I would most certainly contact my physician, and I would avoid pot at all costs.. I think you are only looking for a way to smoke dope legally. You will still break federal law.. I think

I have discussed this with several physicians, including my oncologist.
All they ever do is want to either change the dosage or start including an anti-psychotic along with the anti-depressant.

As for the depression? It runs in my family....it just about did in my father, but cancer got him first. His top-notch Bay Area physicians were considering shock treatments.

So, I would appreciate you being respectful towards my search.
[Image: 540495_412521112120012_28554843_n.jpg]

Wink

And... back to your regular scheduled program...

Big Grin
(06-16-2012, 03:31 PM)hillclimber Wrote: I consider pot a gateway drug to.... whatever.. I've seen this over and over again and again, with youngsters.. At your age, my argument seems less valid, but IMO, if you are experiencing depression, I would most certainly contact my physician, and I would avoid pot at all costs.. I think you are only looking for a way to smoke dope legally. You will still break federal law.. I think

I think you will find cigarettes are more of a gateway drug than pot.

If the medical community prescribe pot to patients, then there must be something beneficial found in this weed that benefits the patient.

Also if you look at many over the counter drugs, let along the prescribed ones the side affects range from hives, bloody stool and death.

Pot does not harm the body in such a destructive way and has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties, not to mention the pleasure given around the world.
If you feel pot might help with your depression, why don't you try it and see? It's a relatively harmless drug, and if you feel it helps you, knowing that is a big part of the battle. If it doesn't help you and you don't like it, why bother? It seems pretty simple to me. If you end up going for a medical card, I suspect that's what your medical provider is going to want to know too. Tell them. Smiling
(06-16-2012, 05:06 PM)PonderThis Wrote: If you feel pot might help with your depression, why don't you try it and see? It's a relatively harmless drug, and if you feel it helps you, knowing that is a big part of the battle. If it doesn't help you and you don't like it, why bother? It seems pretty simple to me. If you end up going for a medical card, I suspect that's what your medical provider is going to want to know too. Tell them. Smiling

Okay, I guess I have to go over to Chuck's house. Laughing
I do plan on becoming proactive, it's just that after seeing the YouTube I thought I might be able to get someone to watch it and inspire some dialogue.
This is actually a revolutionary message, as old as it is.
It's my CIVIC DUTY to use Medical Marijuana.
Screw the pharmaceutical companies. Big Grin
Well, I took mood altering drugs for 7 years myself, until I got tired of how they manipulated my inner feelings. At that point I took control of my own life, told everybody off I thought needed told off, and I just don't tolerate people in my life anymore that are users, deceptive, or don't have the common good of all at heart. That narrowed down my circle of acquaintances quite a bit, but I feel a lot better about myself now too. I also accepted the fact I probably see the world differently than many. Pfft. Their loss. Smiling
(06-16-2012, 05:22 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Well, I took mood altering drugs for 7 years myself, until I got tired of how they manipulated my inner feelings. At that point I took control of my own life, told everybody off I thought needed told off, and I just don't tolerate people in my life anymore that are users, deceptive, or don't have the common good of all at heart. That narrowed down my circle of acquaintances quite a bit, but I feel a lot better about myself now too. I also accepted the fact I probably see the world differently than many. Pfft. Their loss. Smiling

I'm glad! I like you just the way you are, Mr. Ponder! Thumbs Up
Thank you, Scrapper. I like you just the way you are too. Smiling
(06-16-2012, 05:18 PM)Clone Wrote:
(06-16-2012, 05:06 PM)PonderThis Wrote: If you feel pot might help with your depression, why don't you try it and see? It's a relatively harmless drug, and if you feel it helps you, knowing that is a big part of the battle. If it doesn't help you and you don't like it, why bother? It seems pretty simple to me. If you end up going for a medical card, I suspect that's what your medical provider is going to want to know too. Tell them. Smiling

Okay, I guess I have to go over to Chuck's house. Laughing
I do plan on becoming proactive, it's just that after seeing the YouTube I thought I might be able to get someone to watch it and inspire some dialogue.
This is actually a revolutionary message, as old as it is.
It's my CIVIC DUTY to use Medical Marijuana.
Screw the pharmaceutical companies. Big Grin

I know a vet from one of the Bush or Clinton wars that was taking some 30 pills a day for various problems related to his service related sickness. He got a physician to give him a prescription, as the Veterans Administration won't and is now only taking 3, having thrown all of the mood altering drugs for depression out the drain.

After smoking for a while he realized that he was in a pharmaceutical stupor that he seemed to think was designed to keep him sedated and from thinking for himself and to just follow their doctors orders.

Anyway, he is now living a happier lifestyle considering the chemical poisoning he got while on duty, plus all the pharmaceutical industries products that had been injected into him during his 10 years in the military.

Unfortunately, pot won't close your mind to the mindlessness going on around the country and world, that would take a lobotomy or a current registration in the republican party as currently formulated but it will make it easier to see the humour of this divine comedy.
Group hug! Big Grin
Who's got the pipe? Laughing Cool
They don't give you a green card for depression.
(06-16-2012, 06:26 PM)broadzilla Wrote: They don't give you a green card for depression.

And you know this, for sure, because.......
Honest question...I just assumed it would be.
In fifty two years, I have gone without pot for about ten. I didn't smoke during the years I was nursing. My patients suffered for that, and I almost died of it.
(06-16-2012, 06:34 PM)illcommandante Wrote: In fifty two years, I have gone without pot for about ten. I didn't smoke during the years I was nursing. My patients suffered for that, and I almost died of it.

I'm not sure it would have gotten into the milk.