Let's all just get each other. (hey scrapper!)
Here you go Scrapper. Rather than continue to hijack Clone's low fat thread, I'm starting this one. It's about forum personalities. Let me give a few examples of what people are known for:

Wonky: Humorous, witty posts, often including fictional accounts of other forum members.

BBQ: Posts videos. Often oblique.

Larry. Conservative. Pro hunting, pro guns, pro military, patriotic.

OL: In your face conservative. (barks bigger than he bites)

Leonard. C & P

TV: In your face about anything but has a sense of humor if you just dance with him.

Clone: Sincere posts, often of a liberal nature. Or food.

Scrapper: Facebook style C & P's and food and supporting Clone.

Prospero: Reserved and logical.

Ponder: Snide. (just my opinion)

RL. Sweet and innocent.

Reelo always something written with wit and style.

TM: a variety with an even tone.

Illc: A world of his own in a narrative.

Cletus: If you only knew him in the day.Ninja

Me? I like to play devils advocate. I've done it for as long as I've ever posted. Even if I don't buy what I'm saying, I often just try it on for size and go for the opposite end of the topic. Why? I don't know. Just do. I think I'm arguing with myself.

My point is, you may not agree with my above summations of certain posters, but I accept everyone's style. Now that a certain someone is gone, I don't see the trolling going on that used to. I know we don't all agree, and we can piss each other off, but there's a fair bit of just understanding each other and how we are and what our approaches are. It's not hostility. It's stylistic.My "style" seems to get to you. But, just so you know, I'm just doing something I always do. I see so many posts every day that are digs at others, but I don't choose to attach to them. I like to play devils advocate and often make veiled remarks. Just me. It's not personal. It's not an attack. It's just me. I'm sure you would write a very different summation of me, based on your reactions to my posts, but my point is, please understand that I'm just in my forum personality and it's not a personal thing. You really don't see me attacking people personally. I don't call people out by name and denigrate them. I don't take it any of it personally. I like all the new threads and posts. And I'll continue to do what I do and it doesn't mean I'm not interested in the topic or poo pooing it or trying to be negative about it. Maybe if we just understand each others styles, we won't get so irritated with each other all the time.

Anyway, it might be fun if other people kind of post their impressions of others too. *ducks!*Surprised
I feel invisible.
(07-21-2012, 08:04 PM)chuck white Wrote: I feel invisible.

Yes, that's the danger of such thread, where posters are named. Just off the top of my head on the list. People always say they feel left out, so I apologize. You are the funny one, great with puns and sardonic wit, but also the one who never comments seriously!
(07-21-2012, 08:06 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Yes, that's the danger of such thread, where posters are named. Just off the top of my head on the list. People always say they feel left out, so I apologize. You are the funny one, great with puns and sardonic wit, but also the one who never comments seriously!

Trust me Chuckie, she is sincere about that. It's happened before and I was the guilty one.
Maybe we could just start adding names if we feel we want to play along. I'm afraid this could get personal and vicious, but hope it might stay light and fun.

So Chuckie: Must type with his thumbs because seldom offers more than 140 characters. Witty to a fault! Seldom gets involved in anything controversial, and never slings mud. Might be a girl. Laughing

I think Tia also overlooked Wille the K. One of our most insightful and centered posters. I think lunch with Willie would be a great experience.

So make a list Tia. Check it twice to see who's .... Well, we already know you are naughty. Laughing

As to my alleged wit: I have a staff of three I pay to help me with that stuff. You should know that Tia, I brought some of the offerings on that weekend trip we took to Brookings at the No-Tell-Motel. (Took me six weeks to gain back my normal weight)
You left out BZ also. IMO she is one of the more solid sensible posters.

Yeah I know it would be very hard to include everyone OR have everyone agree with your assessments.

I think I know where this thread will go from hereLaughing
(07-21-2012, 08:45 PM)Wonky Wrote:

Trust me Chuckie, she is sincere about that. It's happened before and I was the guilty one.
Maybe we could just start adding names if we feel we want to play along. I'm afraid this could get personal and vicious, but hope it might stay light and fun.

So Chuckie: Must type with his thumbs because seldom offers more than 140 characters. Witty to a fault! Seldom gets involved in anything controversial, and never slings mud. Might be a girl. Laughing

I think Tia also overlooked Wille the K. One of our most insightful and centered posters. I think lunch with Willie would be a great experience.

So make a list Tia. Check it twice to see who's .... Well, we already know you are naughty. Laughing

As to my alleged wit: I have a staff of three I pay to help me with that stuff. You should know that Tia, I brought some of the offerings on that weekend trip we took to Brookings at the No-Tell-Motel. (Took me six weeks to gain back my normal weight)

Oh, I thought of Willie, and Imaham, BZ, Dunno, applegate, Honey, Crazy, BeerMe, BeReal, GoComets, CometMom, Hill, Joey, Kno1, the Snowgirls, and many others, but is listing them the point? I notice the thread itself, the OP is kind of ignored here. I was trying to make a point about accepting people and posting a few examples. But.....as we all know.....The thread won't even go in that direction. Scrapper. Wanna know why I don't post threads anymore?
(07-21-2012, 08:52 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Oh, I thought of Willie, and Imaham, BZ, Dunno, applegate, Honey, Crazy, BeerMe, BeReal, GoComets, CometMom, Hill, Joey, Kno1, the Snowgirls, and many others, but is listing them the point? I notice the thread itself, the OP is kind of ignored here. I was trying to make a point about accepting people and posting a few examples. But.....as we all know.....The thread won't even go in that direction. Scrapper. Wanna know why I don't post threads anymore?

Come on Tia, Darlin,
Be positive.
It could be fun.
AND HOW THE HELL COULD WE NOT INCLUDE BZ IN THE LIST? BZ WAS A MEMBER HERE DURING THE CARTER ADMINISTRATION. And we love her.

We might even want to reminisce about those long long. I'll remember Taupe Hat always. Java Girl. And so on.

No reason could not keep this positive and without insults.
You all surely know exactly what I think of you (and your personalities)...
good and bad.
BTW, you 'pigeonholing' members is, IMO, doing the exact opposite of what you probably intended.
(07-21-2012, 09:43 PM)Scrapper Wrote: You all surely know exactly what I think of you (and your personalities)...
good and bad.
BTW, you 'pigeonholing' members is, IMO, doing the exact opposite of what you probably intended.
Yeah, I kind of agree. But, one reason I like TVguy's posts when they are targeted to the subject is that he does not play favorites. Of course he is still a dick.Big Grin

Don't feel bad, I always get forgotten about
(07-21-2012, 09:49 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-21-2012, 09:43 PM)Scrapper Wrote: You all surely know exactly what I think of you (and your personalities)...
good and bad.
Yeah, I kind of agree. But, one reason I like TVguy's posts when they are targeted to the subject is that he does not play favorites. Of course he is still a dick.Big Grin

By God I take issue with you calling my buddy TVg a dick. He is not!
Hes an asshole. Laughing
Oh... and on your pigeonholing... let's just take a look...

Quote:Scrapper: Facebook style C & P's and food and supporting Clone.

Now... let's take a look at the last ten threads I started...

Quote:Rock for Autism - Local News and Culture
Indiana Jones - Off-Topic
Zimmerman in the news again: Accused of Molestation - National and World News
What it really SHOULD come down to.... - National and World Politics
Grants Pass in the Huff Post: Prehistoric Poop - Local News and Culture
NAO Robot: Evolution of Dance - The Lounge
A Sunday morning giggle! Even a crabby old fart might just smile! - The Lounge
More hysteria from the Right - National and World Politics
This Week in Unnecessary Censorship - Off-Topic
MAIDEN... MOTHER... CRONE... - Religion and Spirituality

Like I said... tough crowd. Rolling Eyes
(07-21-2012, 08:46 PM)tvguy Wrote: You left out BZ also. IMO she is one of the more solid sensible posters.

Yeah I know it would be very hard to include everyone OR have everyone agree with your assessments.

I think I know where this thread will go from hereLaughing

EmbarrassedThank you.Smiling
(07-21-2012, 09:20 PM)Wonky Wrote: Come on Tia, Darlin,
Be positive.
It could be fun.
AND HOW THE HELL COULD WE NOT INCLUDE BZ IN THE LIST? BZ WAS A MEMBER HERE DURING THE CARTER ADMINISTRATION. And we love her.

We might even want to reminisce about those long long. I'll remember Taupe Hat always. Java Girl. And so on.

Actually, I was fine with being left out...but thank you. Smiling
(07-21-2012, 10:00 PM)broadzilla Wrote:
(07-21-2012, 09:20 PM)Wonky Wrote: Come on Tia, Darlin,
Be positive.
It could be fun.

Actually, I was fine with being left out...but thank you. Smiling
You are an intelligent "middle person' so I still have faith in you. You are smart enough to vote your purse.Big Grin
(07-21-2012, 09:20 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(07-21-2012, 08:52 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Come on Tia, Darlin,
Be positive.
It could be fun.

Of course. But my list wasn't a list of members so to speak as much as illustrating a point. Maybe folks have some examples of the idea I was trying to express. As for BZ, had I included her here, she would have fallen close to my description of Cletus.
(07-21-2012, 10:21 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I included here would have fallen close to my description of Cletus.

Embarrassed I love you too.
(07-21-2012, 09:58 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Oh... and on your pigeonholing... let's just take a look...

Quote:Scrapper: Facebook style C & P's and food and supporting Clone.

Now... let's take a look at the last ten threads I started...

Quote:Rock for Autism - Local News and Culture
Indiana Jones - Off-Topic
Zimmerman in the news again: Accused of Molestation - National and World News
What it really SHOULD come down to.... - National and World Politics
Grants Pass in the Huff Post: Prehistoric Poop - Local News and Culture
NAO Robot: Evolution of Dance - The Lounge
A Sunday morning giggle! Even a crabby old fart might just smile! - The Lounge
More hysteria from the Right - National and World Politics
This Week in Unnecessary Censorship - Off-Topic
MAIDEN... MOTHER... CRONE... - Religion and Spirituality

Like I said... tough crowd. Rolling Eyes

Well, that's fantastic, Scrapper. It is! That's how you see yourself. Can you not see the point I was trying to make about just accepting people for who they are and seeing their personalities and not trying to make it something it's not? Actually don't bother answering, you already did: Pigeonholing. OK. You might have ten threads, dear, but that's not what people see you as. Correction. that's not how I see you. Others might see something else. And that's great. Let's just accept each other for who we are.

So, anyway, off my soapbox. I'm done with sincerity for the moment and will now return to my cynical,devils advocate style of posting. I will post as I post, say what I say, and Scrapper, dear, you don't have to like 'em, but try to remember, it's not what you seem to think it is. Next time you read one of my posts and feel stirred to growl my way, remember what I said about my own style and remember it's not personal. Need I start adding that perrenial and extremely annoying acronym to my posts: QTIP "Quit Taking It Personally." Next time I offend thee, look for that and you'll know what it means. .
With very very few exceptions I would love to put all ya'll under my wings and keep you safe and happy.

Somehow, in this particular format, it seems that I either come across much more mean than I am, at other times I am completely misunderstood and am accused of evil intentions. Smiling

I must confess, it's the only place I have received actual hate because of my politics!

If I could be granted a wish, it would be that I could be accepted for who and what I am.

I survive and hold a place of love in a family of evangelical Christians who, most of the time, have no understanding or patience with my views, but love me and accept my freak status with no strings attached.

I wish that could happen more here (sigh)
(07-21-2012, 10:31 PM)Clone Wrote: With very very few exceptions I would love to put all ya'll under my wings and keep you safe and happy.

Somehow, in this particular format, it seems that I either come across much more mean than I am, at other times I am completely misunderstood and am accused of evil intentions. Smiling

I must confess, it's the only place I have received actual hate because of my politics!

If I could be granted a wish, it would be that I could be accepted for who and what I am.

I survive and hold a place of love in a family of evangelical Christians who, most of the time, have no understanding or patience with my views, but love me and accept my freak status with no strings attached.

I wish that could happen more here (sigh)

Evil Intentions? You? Hmmm, that description certainly wouldn't make my list of you.Wink