Let's all just get each other. (hey scrapper!)
(07-21-2012, 10:21 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(07-21-2012, 09:20 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(07-21-2012, 08:52 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(07-21-2012, 08:45 PM)Wonky Wrote:
(07-21-2012, 08:06 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Yes, that's the danger of such thread, where posters are named. Just off the top of my head on the list. People always say they feel left out, so I apologize. You are the funny one, great with puns and sardonic wit, but also the one who never comments seriously!

Trust me Chuckie, she is sincere about that. It's happened before and I was the guilty one.
Maybe we could just start adding names if we feel we want to play along. I'm afraid this could get personal and vicious, but hope it might stay light and fun.

So Chuckie: Must type with his thumbs because seldom offers more than 140 characters. Witty to a fault! Seldom gets involved in anything controversial, and never slings mud. Might be a girl. Laughing

I think Tia also overlooked Wille the K. One of our most insightful and centered posters. I think lunch with Willie would be a great experience.

So make a list Tia. Check it twice to see who's .... Well, we already know you are naughty. Laughing

As to my alleged wit: I have a staff of three I pay to help me with that stuff. You should know that Tia, I brought some of the offerings on that weekend trip we took to Brookings at the No-Tell-Motel. (Took me six weeks to gain back my normal weight)

Oh, I thought of Willie, and Imaham, BZ, Dunno, applegate, Honey, Crazy, BeerMe, BeReal, GoComets, CometMom, Hill, Joey, Kno1, the Snowgirls, and many others, but is listing them the point? I notice the thread itself, the OP is kind of ignored here. I was trying to make a point about accepting people and posting a few examples. But.....as we all know.....The thread won't even go in that direction. Scrapper. Wanna know why I don't post threads anymore?

Come on Tia, Darlin,
Be positive.
It could be fun.
AND HOW THE HELL COULD WE NOT INCLUDE BZ IN THE LIST? BZ WAS A MEMBER HERE DURING THE CARTER ADMINISTRATION. And we love her.

We might even want to reminisce about those long long. I'll remember Taupe Hat always. Java Girl. And so on.

No reason could not keep this positive and without insults.

Of course. But my list wasn't a list of members so to speak as much as illustrating a point. BZ, had I included here would have fallen close to my description of Cletus.

Got it, Darlin.
But it's way past bed check for AARP members. Still must brush the few teeth I have left and do the eye drop thing.
I liked your post. It was fun. You are a fun lady when not bogged down in lives trials and tribulations. We love you dearly, and hope things are brighter now.
I'll drift off with
ll find you in the morning sun;
And when the night is new;
Ill be looking at the moon;
But I'll be seeing you.
(07-21-2012, 09:51 PM)blondemom Wrote:
(07-21-2012, 08:04 PM)chuck white Wrote: I feel invisible.

Don't feel bad, I always get forgotten about

I don't forget about you!
Many times when I post a thread I think you might be the one who will respond to it and many times I'm right. Wink
(07-21-2012, 07:45 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Ponder: Snide. (just my opinion)

...Me? I like to play devils advocate. I've done it for as long as I've ever posted. Even if I don't buy what I'm saying, I often just try it on for size and go for the opposite end of the topic. Why? I don't know. Just do. I think I'm arguing with myself.

My point is, you may not agree with my above summations of certain posters, but I accept everyone's style. Now that a certain someone is gone, I don't see the trolling going on that used to. I know we don't all agree, and we can piss each other off, but there's a fair bit of just understanding each other and how we are and what our approaches are. It's not hostility. It's stylistic.My "style" seems to get to you. But, just so you know, I'm just doing something I always do. I see so many posts every day that are digs at others, but I don't choose to attach to them. I like to play devils advocate and often make veiled remarks. Just me. It's not personal. It's not an attack. It's just me. I'm sure you would write a very different summation of me, based on your reactions to my posts, but my point is, please understand that I'm just in my forum personality and it's not a personal thing. You really don't see me attacking people personally. I don't call people out by name and denigrate them. I don't take it any of it personally. I like all the new threads and posts. And I'll continue to do what I do and it doesn't mean I'm not interested in the topic or poo pooing it or trying to be negative about it. Maybe if we just understand each others styles, we won't get so irritated with each other all the time.

Anyway, it might be fun if other people kind of post their impressions of others too. *ducks!*Surprised

Snide, huh? ("You really don't see me attacking people personally. I don't call people out by name and denigrate them."). Ninja

It's a good thing you don't take anything personally then too. If there's anything I hate it's veiled speech, and I associate non straight-forward communication with inherent sneakiness and deception. I've always felt like Tia's posts (at least used to be) so veiled this place was like a Junior High game, and Tia in particular seemingly delighted in veiled posts only insiders could understand, like it was her private social club and if you weren't in her "in crowd" you could never possibly understand, so why bother? In those days the forum seemed quite closed to outsiders as well. I'm personally glad to see the change. Tough luck, Tia. (just my opinion)
Here's my list:

PonderThis: asshole

Scrapper: asshole

Yeshuah: asshole

bbqboy: asshole

Lamont: asshole

Chris: asshole

orygunlvr: asshole

Simon: asshole

Everyone else: not an asshole

JMO

My point of this list: I don't care about your politics. It's the presentation that matters to me.

For those of you that did not make the cut, I apologize. Better luck next time.
(07-22-2012, 01:10 AM)PonderThis Wrote:

...Me? I like to play devils advocate. I've done it for as long as I've ever posted. Even if I don't buy what I'm saying, I often just try it on for size and go for the opposite end of the topic. Why? I don't know. Just do. I think I'm arguing with myself.

My point is, you may not agree with my above summations of certain posters, but I accept everyone's style. Now that a certain someone is gone, I don't see the trolling going on that used to. I know we don't all agree, and we can piss each other off, but there's a fair bit of just understanding each other and how we are and what our approaches are. It's not hostility. It's stylistic.My "style" seems to get to you. But, just so you know, I'm just doing something I always do. I see so many posts every day that are digs at others, but I don't choose to attach to them. I like to play devils advocate and often make veiled remarks. Just me. It's not personal. It's not an attack. It's just me. I'm sure you would write a very different summation of me, based on your reactions to my posts, but my point is, please understand that I'm just in my forum personality and it's not a personal thing. You really don't see me attacking people personally. I don't call people out by name and denigrate them. I don't take it any of it personally. I like all the new threads and posts. And I'll continue to do what I do and it doesn't mean I'm not interested in the topic or poo pooing it or trying to be negative about it. Maybe if we just understand each others styles, we won't get so irritated with each other all the time.

Anyway, it might be fun if other people kind of post their impressions of others too. *ducks!*Surprised

Snide, huh? ("You really don't see me attacking people personally. I don't call people out by name and denigrate them."). Ninja

It's a good thing you don't take anything personally then too. If there's anything I hate it's veiled speech, and I associate non straight-forward communication with inherent sneakiness and deception. I've always felt like Tia's posts (at least used to be) so veiled this place was like a Junior High game, and Tia in particular seemingly delighted in veiled posts only insiders could understand, like it was her private social club and if you weren't in her "in crowd" you could never possibly understand, so why bother? In those days the forum seemed quite closed to outsiders as well. I'm personally glad to see the change. Tough luck, Tia. (just my opinion)

Until I read Ponder's response, I intended to just let this post slip by into oblivion, but now have changed my mind.

I find Tia's post pigeonholing others to be both the height of arrogance and incredibly self-serving. How dare she try to encapsulate others in a few words, and for what purpose?

The purpose is clear. She wants forgiveness in advance for responses she has yet to give; all the while, showing a dismissiveness for others by her not so subtle snubs to many she described.

Describing and pigeonholing others is an enormous disservice; people will be known by the posts they make, and the aggregate over time; not by a few words of praise or snide commentary.

This post deserves to die, and no, Tia, I shall not forgive you in advance for those opinions you have yet to make; you will have to take a chance and post, just like the rest of us, and take what you get.
(07-22-2012, 08:06 AM)Chris Wrote:

Until I read Ponder's response, I intended to just let this post slip by into oblivion, but now have changed my mind.

I find Tia's post pigeonholing others to be both the height of arrogance and incredibly self-serving. How dare she try to encapsulate others in a few words, and for what purpose?

The purpose is clear. She wants forgiveness in advance for responses she has yet to give; all the while, showing a dismissiveness for others by her not so subtle snubs to many she described.

Describing and pigeonholing others is an enormous disservice; people will be known by the posts they make, and the aggregate over time; not by a few words of praise or snide commentary.

This post deserves to die, and no, Tia, I shall not forgive you in advance for those opinions you have yet to make; you will have to take a chance and post, just like the rest of us, and take what you get.

OH Lordy, you shall not forgive??LaughingLaughing "shall not" Who the f**k are you Moses.

"She wants forgiveness"? No not Moses , you're DR PhilRazz

I think you are seeing WAY more that what is really there. I wonder if that is a trait of yours. It's not uncommon. I see the same trait with Leonard and Clone. You guys can start a club.
Called the W.A.F.O.O.N.'s

WE ALWAYS FREAK OUT OVER NOTHINGBig Grin
Tiamat. Since I've been here I always thought of you as the "momma" of this forum. I know that's a silly observation but you've been here a long time and I think your're one of the more sensible people in here.
(07-22-2012, 07:55 AM)GoCometsGo Wrote: Here's my list:

JMO

My point of this list: I don't care about your politics. It's the presentation that matters to me.

thanks.
I want to be the first to complain about not making the listRazz
(07-22-2012, 07:55 AM)GoCometsGo Wrote: Here's my list:

JMO

We've really missed you, too.

For what it's worth, you can take phony Jesus off the list, he's gone.
(07-22-2012, 08:57 AM)tvguy Wrote: I want to be the first to complain about not making the listRazz

Yeah... you would seem to be a natural at first glance. But you lost some asshole "cred" by being willing to take on anyone regardless of ideology. That's a trait that almost no one, including me, can stake a claim to.

Works for me. I've always known you've felt that way about me. You made it pretty clear from day one with your, wait for it....snide posts, particularly towards me in the beginning. But....well Snide can be a good thing too. However, Ponder, it's never kept me from interacting with you and asking questions, having discussions, learning things discovering things I didn't know. If I disagree, I disagree, but I don't always. Many times I am interested by your posts, learn something I never knew before. I don't take it personally. Which is my point.
I'm the nicest guy in the World in person.

Oh, whatever. Apparently you missed the entire point of the thread. In forum world you can't always get what you want. You can't make everyone happy. Some people are always going to disagree/dislike/abhor/ you. If you don't like it, just say so. All I'm saying is just get that people are what they are and get on with it. Quit crying. Did you think I thought I wouldn't get attacked in this thread? Phhhfffft.
You're just pissed because GCG didn't include you in his go-to Ahole list. Big Grin
(07-22-2012, 08:34 AM)tvguy Wrote:

OH Lordy, you shall not forgive??LaughingLaughing "shall not" Who the f**k are you Moses.

"She wants forgiveness"? No not Moses , you're DR PhilRazz

I think you are seeing WAY more that what is really there. I wonder if that is a trait of yours. It's not uncommon. I see the same trait with Leonard and Clone. You guys can start a club.
Called the W.A.F.O.O.N.'s

WE ALWAYS FREAK OUT OVER NOTHINGBig Grin

See how therapeutic this thread is? People should just do it. Just get it all out of their systems. Throw up all over the place and bash people. Here. In here. Then, maybe they can go out in the rest of the forum and quit whining/crying/beating their breasts and just have conversations without falling apart if someone doesn't agree with them.
(07-22-2012, 09:45 AM)bbqboy Wrote: You're just pissed because GCG didn't include you in his go-to Ahole list. Big Grin

GCG avoids me, I think. Or, I'm just not a blip on his radar.
With the exception of only a few, I'd label most here as "Esteemed & Valued Forum Poster". I don't see any purpose in spelling out the differences individually, either. It all seems so, what can I call it, Junior High in attitude.
(07-22-2012, 09:48 AM)PonderThis Wrote: With the exception of only a few, I'd label most here as "Esteemed & Valued Forum Poster". I don't see any purpose in spelling out the differences individually, either. It all seems so, what can I call it, Junior High in attitude.

It is. And illustrates how you missed the entire point of the thread. It's not about labeling. If everyone was esteemed and valued, we wouldn't see the petty snarks, the hurt feelings, the over sensitivity to any thread that differs from their own opinion. I was pretty sure it would be unwise to post such a thread because it would be taken as such. I was just trying to show that people all have their own forum personalities and we should just accept them and get over it. I should have gone with my first thought.
(07-22-2012, 09:48 AM)PonderThis Wrote: With the exception of only a few, I'd label most here as "Esteemed & Valued Forum Poster". I don't see any purpose in spelling out the differences individually, either. It all seems so, what can I call it, Junior High in attitude.

You've already labeled quite a few here as low-level humans or people who lack consciousness.
You labeled anyone here with those accusations who hunts ,or serves in the military. Or people who observe veterans day as war mongers or people who glorify war and killing
Not to mention fishermen are people who like to torture animals for their own enjoyment.

Now you are going to sit here and claim you would label most here as "Esteemed & Valued" and expect anyone to believe this crap? Tia was just being honest, you sure as hell are not.