Medford Police Report Apparent Homicide
[Image: Huson-300x300.jpg]
MEDFORD, Ore. — Medford Police confirm a body was found at the Medford Airport Authority possibly linked to the cab incident near Almond Street and 9th Street.
On October 21st, 2012 at 1:02 a.m. Medford Police were dispatched to a report of a missing cab driver from Valley Cab.

Valley Cab dispatch was unable to locate driver William Huson after he last contacted them at about 10:41 p.m. On October 20th, 2012, according to a press release. During the last contact, Huson told his dispatch he was taking a fare from Howie’s at 16 N. Front Street in Medford to an unknown address on Vilas Road. They did not hear from him again.

Police say at 5:02 a.m. Medford Police located Huson’s cab parked unoccupied in a
parking lot near 9th Street and Almond Street. Although Huson was not
located, evidence suggested he was a victim of an assault.

Police say the Major Assault and Death Investigation Unit (MADIU) was summoned
which included investigators from Medford Police, Oregon State Police, Jackson County Sheriffs, Ashland Police and the Jackson County District Attorney’s Office. Police say officers began checking the area of Vilas Road for the victim and located him in a field near Helo Drive, off of Vilas Road, at about 8:23 a.m. Huson was determined to be deceased, an apparent victim of homicide.

Investigators are not releasing the cause of death at this time, nor the possible motive. Investigators do believe the suspect drove the cab from Helo Drive to the parking lot at 9th and Almond. Police say there are currently no suspects in this case. Anyone with information is encouraged to phone Medford Police at 770-4783, attention Det. Young (Case Agent).

http://www.kdrv.com/medford-police-report-body-found/
That's sad. Driving taxis is very dangerous in some places. It shouldn't be in a city like this.
In some places they actually had to install a bullet proof barrier between the cab driver and his fare.
The location where they found the body is one of the places I frequently take my dog. It's very isolated even though it's close to a lot of places. Not for long though, it's right next to where the new 62 bypass will be. I'm glad we didn't find him.
(10-21-2012, 04:06 PM)tvguy Wrote: . I'm glad we didn't find him.

That would be a day ruiner, for sure.

I think it would be one of those events where the picture keeps flashing
in your brain when you least expect it.
(10-21-2012, 04:20 PM)Clone Wrote: [quote='tvguy' pid='238710' dateline='1350860807']
. I'm glad we didn't find him.

That would be a day ruiner, for sure.

I think it would be one of those events where the picture keeps flashing
in your brain when you least expect it.
[/quote Yeah and I'm sure the dog or I would have found him.

A first I thought the killer could be some homeless guy and I know of a camp in the area. But I see that the suspect apparently came from Medford to the area where he dumped the body and then drove the cab back to Medford:wacko:

Whatever, it all seems odd.
How many people besides you know of this place? Do you have a good alibi? Smiling
(10-21-2012, 04:36 PM)PonderThis Wrote: How many people besides you know of this place? Do you have a good alibi? Smiling

I was at a prayer meeting I swear!!
My high school friend, Wayne. Had some nervous days, being suited up by the law, over on the coast. For the electric chair. And,he looked real good for for the charges. And, his alibi receipt was mistakenly off dated by a day!!!! So,he was real happy, when they caught the perp. Real happy. He remembers that I'm about the only one who stood up for him. A lot of good, that might have done.
His taxi was at the far end of Hawthorne Park...on the side by the bridge where all the juggalos smoke their dope and the scummy homeless people (note: not all homeless people are scummy) hang out. I wouldn't put it past one of those losers to kill someone.
(10-22-2012, 03:43 PM)broadzilla Wrote: His taxi was at the far end of Hawthorne Park...on the side by the bridge where all the juggalos smoke their dope and the scummy homeless people (note: not all homeless people are scummy) hang out. I wouldn't put it past one of those losers to kill someone.

Good points. You have to be either very high on something or desperate or maybe both with a dose of stupid to rob a cab driver and murder him.

I wonder why the killer took the cab to Vilas rd? There are a lot of other places to go to from downtown to somewhere private.
It was probably somebody that walks their dog there and knows the good places to stuff a body.
(10-22-2012, 06:09 PM)PonderThis Wrote: It was probably somebody that walks their dog there and knows the good places to stuff a body.
It wasn't hidden. It could have been well hidden very easily and still be near the same area. IF someone new the area like I doWink

Just a guess but I think the cops just went down a road and saw the body from their car.
Camaras that e-mail images should be installed in cabs
(10-22-2012, 03:43 PM)broadzilla Wrote: His taxi was at the far end of Hawthorne Park...on the side by the bridge where all the juggalos smoke their dope and the scummy homeless people (note: not all homeless people are scummy) hang out. I wouldn't put it past one of those losers to kill someone.

I've been contemplating all of this. I find it unlikely that scummy homeless dope smoking juggalos would own a gun. I'm trying to profile the killer and while it does seem to me that this person is desperate, ignorant and possibly was high on drugs it seems unusual that if he was homeless he would own a gun.

This killer was bold or stupid enough to drive the taxi all the way back to near where he started after commuting a murder?? That alone tells me he didn't have any sense.
I'm thinking it's some meth head who lives nearby in Central Medford.
Acne-scarred man sought in Medford taxi cab driver's slaying

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northw...n_med.html

Excerpt: "Police in Medford are seeking a tall man with a fair complexion and an acne-scarred face in the robbery and slaying of a taxi cab driver over the weekend.

The Mail Tribune newspaper reports police issued a description of the man believed to have hailed the cab late Saturday night outside a downtown Medford bar.

He was described as about 6-foot-1, 180 pounds, 25 to 35 years old and dressed all in black — black ball cap, black Carhartt-style jacket and black jeans.

The body of William Roy “Huey” Huson was found Sunday morning in a field near the airport in the area where Huson reported to his dispatcher he was taking a fare. He had been shot once in the head."
Was he the bus driver guy with the confederate flag?
(10-23-2012, 04:32 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Was he the bus driver guy with the confederate flag?

No, that was a different guy. That guys name was Webber. He is a lot younger than this guy who was in his late 50's.
Not Optimal....
The Yankees would have been well within their rights, to shoot us Johnsons (When we were still Blounts). Certainly for the murders. And then too, for the flag. Under the terms they agreed to at Gettysburg, these terrorists should be shot on sight. And, their pickups burned.
(10-23-2012, 02:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I've been contemplating all of this. I find it unlikely that scummy homeless dope smoking juggalos would own a gun. I'm trying to profile the killer and while it does seem to me that this person is desperate, ignorant and possibly was high on drugs it seems unusual that if he was homeless he would own a gun.

This killer was bold or stupid enough to drive the taxi all the way back to near where he started after commuting a murder?? That alone tells me he didn't have any sense.
I'm thinking it's some meth head who lives nearby in Central Medford.

Word on the street is that this is not as random as it appears.
Late 50's?
OTOH that description is half of Medford..