Pet Dog Allegedly Shot by Angry Neighbor
By Chris Conrad
Mail Tribune
A Trail man faces a felony animal abuse charge for allegedly shooting a dog that he believed had defecated on his property, police said.

The owner of a shepherd-mix dog let the animal out on the morning of Nov. 10 and then grew concerned when the dog did not return after a few hours.

The owner then walked to the end of her driveway and found the dog sitting by the front gate of her property on Highway 62. The owner was shocked at the sight, according to Jackson County sheriff's spokeswoman Andrea Carlson.

"The owner saw the dog was wounded and covered in blood," Carlson said.
The dog, named Sasha, was rushed to All Creatures Animal Hospital in Eagle Point, where it underwent a procedure to save its life, Carlson said.

Jackson County sheriff's deputies were called to investigate the incident and soon learned the dog had been shot with a .22-caliber gun.

Deputies spoke with a group of juveniles near the dog owner's property and were told a neighbor had fired the shot at the dog from about 40 to 50 yards away.
Deputies approached the suspect's property and talked with Danny Lee Tryon, 56.
During questioning, Tryon told deputies that several neighborhood dogs had been defecating in his yard and that he was tired of it.

He suggested that he shot the dog in retaliation for using his yard as a bathroom, Carlson said.

Tryon was charged with first-degree animal abuse and was lodged in the Jackson County Jail. He was soon released on his own recognizance because of overcrowding at the jail, records show.

First-degree animal abuse is a felony and is charged when a person "maliciously" kills or tortures an animal, according to Oregon law statutes.

The law allows a person to use deadly force against a dog if the animal is acting aggressively or is seen as an immediate threat.

Witnesses told deputies the dog was not a threat to Tryon.

"We are not sure if the dog was actually on his property when he shot it, or whether it was beyond his property line," Carlson said.

Carlson said that it's understandable for neighborhood dogs to be a nuisance, but that residents should make an effort to contact the dog's owners and work things out before resorting to violence.

"Anytime you have an issue with animals, it's always best to talk to your neighbor and try to communicate with them," Carlson said. "You shouldn't take extreme measures."

A deputy who saw the dog on a follow-up call said the animal still was lethargic, but could recover from the shooting, Carlson said.

From Reader's Comments: (I totally agree)

Ann
Shame on the guy for shooting the dog and shame on the owner for not containing the poor dog and preventing this from happening. What is wrong with people who think it is ok to let pets just wander wherever they please, even if this means they wander onto neighbors property where they are a nuisance. And there are better ways to deter animals that doesn't resort to lethal ways. A hose or a paintball gun would work just as effectively. I hope the guy gets charged and then has to help pay for the vet fees.

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../211170305
The last time I nearly lost my grace, was when Harold, next door, kicked my little dog to death, so he could peek in my children's windows, at night. The sheriffs refused to do more than advise me to leave the county. And, my wife convinced me not to kill him (The wife who is claiming I am a physicial threat. And, knows a lot more). He spent the next twenty years caught in a horror of an existance. And, I won't forget the message, I learned there. Like Mikey says "Give it up to God".
(11-17-2012, 04:50 PM)illcommandante Wrote: The last time I nearly lost my grace, was when Harold, next door, kicked my little dog to death, so he could peek in my children's windows, at night. The sheriffs refused to do more than advise me to leave the county. And, my wife convinced me not to kill him (The wife who is claiming I am a physicial threat. And, knows a lot more). He spent the next twenty years caught in a horror of an existance. And, I won't forget the message, I learned there. Like Mikey says "Give it up to God".

Who cares you batshit crazy fucking loon, shut the hell up liar.
You don't have the right to tell anyone to shut up. Sorry.
(11-17-2012, 06:10 PM)PonderThis Wrote: You don't have the right to tell anyone to shut up. Sorry.

Shut up, I just did, shut up , twice. Live with it.
Well, you're an asshole for it, too, with control issues.
(11-17-2012, 06:00 PM)tvguy Wrote: Who cares you batshit crazy fucking loon, shut the hell up liar.

See why it was good when the author could delete a whole thread within a certain amount of time?

It feels like the neighbor's mutt (tvguy) shit all over my thread. I wish I could hose it away.
ILC has shit on multiple threads, he a fucking attention whore and plays you idiots like a violin.
He has posted his off topic HEY EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME lying old bullshit all over the forum today.
I for one am sick of it and I'm not mollycoddling the idiot like you two want.

DEAL WITH IT
(11-17-2012, 06:50 PM)tvguy Wrote: he a fucking attention whore

[Image: In-the-Mirror-marilyn-monroe-21384492-454-600.jpg]
(11-17-2012, 06:50 PM)tvguy Wrote: he's a fucking attention whore

You're a tiresome potty mouth.
I was looking forward to the discussion on the dog and the neighbor.
You have absolutely zero manners.
I would be scared to appear in public with you, I'd be fearing
one of these outbursts you seem to enjoy.
hey tv guy want a piece of me too?
(11-17-2012, 09:09 PM)ROYAL GOLD Wrote: hey tv guy want a piece of me too?

Dunce.

Oh sorry, wrong thread....Razz
(11-17-2012, 06:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-17-2012, 04:50 PM)illcommandante Wrote: The last time I nearly lost my grace, was when Harold, next door, kicked my little dog to death, so he could peek in my children's windows, at night. The sheriffs refused to do more than advise me to leave the county. And, my wife convinced me not to kill him (The wife who is claiming I am a physicial threat. And, knows a lot more). He spent the next twenty years caught in a horror of an existance. And, I won't forget the message, I learned there. Like Mikey says "Give it up to God".

Damn, TV, don't be so literal. Use the friggin ignore feature.
(11-17-2012, 07:51 PM)Clone Wrote:
(11-17-2012, 06:50 PM)tvguy Wrote: he's a fucking attention whore

You're a tiresome potty mouth.
I was looking forward to the discussion on the dog and the neighbor.
You have absolutely zero manners.
I would be scared to appear in public with you, I'd be fearing
one of these outbursts you seem to enjoy.

I don't really know what to say about the dog shooter. It happens. It sucks.
(11-17-2012, 09:17 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

When I come to the forum I click on "new posts" I don't bother to see who posted to make it new. I just click on it to see the thread.Even IF I had him on ignore i still would have clicked on a thread that he bumped.

Earlier I did so several times and it was ILC telling his tired worn out story AGAIN ON EVERY DAMN THREAD.
I just get sick of it. He's a loon but it's perfectly OK for his nigger this pedophile that crap on every thread?
It's like a little kid acting the fool because he knows they'll let a little kid get away with it.
He KNOWS what he is doing and all he wants is for everyone to listen to his lame sick story.
I don't HAVE to like it.
(11-17-2012, 09:19 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I don't really know what to say about the dog shooter. It happens. It sucks.

I think Ann covered it very well. The idiot who didn't know OR care where their dog was for "a few hours" is at fault also.
(11-17-2012, 09:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-17-2012, 09:17 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

When I come to the forum I click on "new posts" I don't bother to see who posted to make it new. I just click on it to see the thread.Even IF I had him on ignore i still would have clicked on a thread that he bumped.

Earlier I did so several times and it was ILC telling his tired worn out story AGAIN ON EVERY DAMN THREAD.
I just get sick of it. He's a loon but it's perfectly OK for his nigger this pedophile that crap on every thread?
It's like a little kid acting the fool because he knows they'll let a little kid get away with it.
He KNOWS what he is doing and all he wants is for everyone to listen to his lame sick story.
I don't HAVE to like it.

Of course you don't have to like it. I don't see it as attention mongering. I see it as a kind of art. I only look if I choose. Just me, I guess.
If he's been convicted of another felony in the past 15 years, and is convicted of this one, he'll lose his right to bear arms (in Oregon, at least).
http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/166.270

Frankly, I think we should amend the law to include first-time offenders who use a firearm in their felony.
(11-17-2012, 09:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-17-2012, 09:19 PM)Tiamat Wrote: I don't really know what to say about the dog shooter. It happens. It sucks.

I think Ann covered it very well. The idiot who didn't know OR care where their dog was for "a few hours" is at fault also.

NO! Granted the dog should be controlled. But it's not like the dog was packing an atom bomb that was going to blow up southern Oregon. The dog took a dump. It's a dog for crying out loud, doing what dogs do. Grab a plastic bag and pick it up. Shooting the dog was an act of extreme over reaction, and beyond plain anger.. The shooter will at some point meet a tragic end, I'm guessing. Until then, I hope he gets a huge wart on the tip of his nose.

TVg and Ponder. This crap is getting tiresome. Hard to ignore, but I'll try harder. Just leave it (as Tia suggested) and skip ahead to the next post.
(11-17-2012, 09:45 PM)csrowan Wrote: If he's been convicted of another felony in the past 15 years, and is convicted of this one, he'll lose his right to bear arms (in Oregon, at least).
http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/166.270

Frankly, I think we should amend the law to include first-time offenders who use a firearm in their felony.

I think it already does. I also think federal law says a felon can't possess a weapon.