More Than One Way to Skin a Cat
Figuratively speaking, of course.
This was on my Facebook wall this morning, from Fun Inventors:

Once in a soap industry in Japan,
The soap cover was mistakenly packed without soap in it
i.e empty box.

To avoid the problem in the future Engineers purchased X-Ray machine of 60 thousand dollars to check whether soap is Packed in every cover or not in assembly line.

Same problem occurred in India..
What did they do?
Indian Engineers simply put a fan beside d assembly line &
Empty boxes were flown away!

India Rocks Smiling
(11-24-2012, 02:01 PM)Clone Wrote: Figuratively speaking, of course.
This was on my Facebook wall this morning, from Fun Inventors:

Once in a soap industry in Japan,
The soap cover was mistakenly packed without soap in it
i.e empty box.

To avoid the problem in the future Engineers purchased X-Ray machine of 60 thousand dollars to check whether soap is Packed in every cover or not in assembly line.

Same problem occurred in India..
What did they do?
Indian Engineers simply put a fan beside d assembly line &
Empty boxes were flown away!

India Rocks Smiling

And that's why India is such a progressive successful country and Japan is notBig Grin

OK just kidding. Nice story. A lot of People without money have always been clever and inventive, good example.
Reminds me of the story about NASA spending a good deal of money to make a pen that writes in weightlessness. The Russians used a pencil.
It seems like running them across a scale would work with less electricity use.
(11-24-2012, 02:28 PM)PonderThis Wrote: It seems like running them across a scale would work with less electricity use.

The scale may reduce electrical consumption, but the fan seems the easiest, quickest way. I mean, c'mon...a fan next to the line.

No Rube Goldberg apparatus required here! Laughing
I want the scale attached to a weight, so when it's not enough it tosses it off for free. Otherwise, that fan running all the time annoys me and is costing me money and wear and tear, too. Smiling
(11-24-2012, 02:37 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I want the scale attached to a weight, so when it's not enough it tosses it off for free. Otherwise, that fan running all the time annoys me and is costing me money and wear and tear, too. Smiling

It's India for Pete's sake the fan is probably a blessing for anyone near.
A friend used to do a lot of business (and spent time in) India. He says in India there's no sense of doing anything in a hurry. And if you expect that, you're going to be disappointed. Smiling
(11-24-2012, 02:56 PM)PonderThis Wrote: A friend used to do a lot of business (and spent time in) India. He says in India there's no sense of doing anything in a hurry. And if you expect that, you're going to be disappointed. Smiling
From what I've seen you might be disappointed by a lot of things.
(11-24-2012, 03:23 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-24-2012, 02:56 PM)PonderThis Wrote: A friend used to do a lot of business (and spent time in) India. He says in India there's no sense of doing anything in a hurry. And if you expect that, you're going to be disappointed. Smiling

For crying out loud...this gets so old, tv.
Where are the jokes about using soap in India?

I wish you and Ponder would get together someplace and settle this.
It gets tiresome.
(11-24-2012, 03:29 PM)Wonky Wrote:

I wish you and Ponder would get together someplace and settle this.
It gets tiresome.

You and clone are both way off base. My comment meant that From what I've seen ABOUT INDIA ANYONE might be disappointed by a lot of things IN INDIA .
(11-24-2012, 03:28 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Where are the jokes about using soap in India?

(11-24-2012, 03:28 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Where are the jokes about using soap in India?

I don't think it's about soap, so much as it is deodorant/anti-perspirant.
Having survived commuting for several years on the NYC subway system I researched what the problem was with folks from that part of the world and b.o.

They believe in bathing, and do so frequently, but use only talcum powder or nothing under their arms. They consider it a natural smell.

Many times when riding a crowded train, standing while holding on to the overhead rail, a person with this cultural tradition would be standing next to me holding onto the overhead rail as well. My face would be at the same height as their armpit.

The train would go around a curve, or brake sharply and my face would smash right into their armpit.

There are some multi-cultural eperiences less enjoyable than others.

When the temperature in NY is 99 and the humidity is 95% people's armpits smell really really bad.

No joke! Laughing
deodorant/anti-perspirant clog your pores and promote bacterial growth.
This will make your pits smell.
(11-24-2012, 07:09 PM)chuck white Wrote: deodorant/anti-perspirant clog your pores and promote bacterial growth.

Maybe if the pits don't get a good scrubbing before applying!

I'm sorry, but I was raised in this culture.

A good sweat from working outside is not unpleasant.

A b.o. from the armpits, especially from a nervous person, stinks.

Sue me. Laughing
(11-24-2012, 07:09 PM)chuck white Wrote: deodorant/anti-perspirant clog your pores and promote bacterial growth.

The more I listen to you the more I wonder about you. People who Don't use any deodorant... stink people who do, don't. I've never seen anyone demonstrate the opposite.
(11-24-2012, 02:20 PM)chuck white Wrote: Reminds me of the story about NASA spending a good deal of money to make a pen that writes in weightlessness. The Russians used a pencil.

I have 2 of those, AND pencils.
(11-24-2012, 07:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:

The more I listen to you the more I wonder about you. People who Don't use any deodorant... stink people who do, don't. I've never seen anyone demonstrate the opposite.

Quote:Sweat itself is virtually odorless to humans; it is the rapid multiplication of bacteria in the presence of sweat and what they do (break sweat down into acids) that eventually causes the unpleasant smell. The smell is perceived as unpleasant, many believe, because most of us have been brought up to dislike it. Body odor is most likely to occur in our feet, groin, armpits, genitals, pubic hair and other hair, belly button, anus, behind the ears, and to some (lesser) extent on the rest of our skin.

Body odor can have a nice and specific smell to the individual, and can be used - especially by dogs and other animals - to identify people. Each person's unique body odor can be influenced by diet, gender, health, and medication.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/173478.php
Seriously, If I use stuff under my arm pits, then I start to stink. Otherwise no. (Unless I eat a lot of garlic) then it smells like garlic.