Have a good day, buddy
A shockingly severe sentence for merely doing what many would like to do: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20807182

[Image: _57876549_reu_grab1.jpg]
One Marine was heard saying: "Have a good day, buddy."

Excerpt: "A US Marine has been sentenced to a reduction in ranks after he admitted at a court martial urinating on the body of a dead Afghan combatant.

Staff Sgt Joseph Chamblin was also told to forfeit $500 pay after admitting to wrongful desecration, among other charges.

He was initially given 30 days in jail but will not serve the time because of a plea deal with military prosecutors.

Video footage of the incident shocked the world when it emerged in January.

Three other Marines have already been disciplined for their role in the incident, and another is facing court martial.

Adding to tensions

The three other servicemen who were disciplined in August all pleaded guilty.

One admitted "urinating on the body of a deceased Taliban soldier", another said he posed for a photo with human casualties, and a third admitted lying to investigators.

In the video, someone can be heard saying: "Have a good day, buddy."

The incidents are believed to have taken place during a counter-insurgency operation in Afghanistan's Helmand Province on or around 27 July 2011, the Marine Corps said.

The footage surfaced at a sensitive time for US-Afghan relations, as American officials attempted to bring the Taliban to the negotiating table.

One month later, violent protests broke out in Afghanistan after it emerged US troops had incinerated a number of copies of the Koran.

The holy books had been confiscated from prisoners, amid claims they were being used to pass secret messages.

The ensuing unrest claimed 30 lives and saw two US troops shot dead."
That's severe? For giving people who already hate us even more reasons to hate the US and our soldiers?

I'd consider that treasonous.
Sarcasm, Rowan. Sometimes that gets peoples attention more. Let's drag out whoever thinks they can defend this shit. Smiling
paging Larry and Simon to the White courtesy phone
Seems like OL could take that call too.
Taking notes from Simon, dragging out year old stories to re-hash all over again?
(12-21-2012, 02:26 PM)bbqboy Wrote: paging Larry and Simon to the White courtesy phone

Bwahahahaha!!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing
(12-21-2012, 05:24 PM)Larry Wrote: Taking notes from Simon, dragging out year old stories to re-hash all over again?

He just got sentenced now, did you notice that part? Did they drag this out long enough for just a slap on the wrist and hope everybody would forget about it? I know this guy must be your hero.
It looked like the baby had Lindee's eyes. But, I haven't seen any pics in ages. You even have to hunt, to find those old torture pics.
What did you ignorant pussies expect , 20 years in jail for pissing on a dead guy who had just killed your friends?
For Pete's sake walk in a soldiers shoes before you condemn someone so harshly.

BTW if you are a gutless coward forget that last part.
Looks like it must be better to be pissed off than pissed on, if you're a taliban madman.
(12-22-2012, 05:27 PM)tvguy Wrote: What did you ignorant pussies expect , 20 years in jail for pissing on a dead guy who had just killed your friends?

My friends don't go to other countries and kill the inhabitants. Perhaps this was one of your friends.
(12-22-2012, 05:31 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(12-22-2012, 05:27 PM)tvguy Wrote: What did you ignorant pussies expect , 20 years in jail for pissing on a dead guy who had just killed your friends?

My friends don't go to other countries and kill the inhabitants. Perhaps this was one of your friends.

You didn't quote the gutless coward part, hit too close to home?

I would rather have all my friends piss on Dead Taliban than have even one sack of shit malcontent whiny anti everything friend like you and your loser of the century club.
I expect soldiers to have discipline. If they can't show it, they shouldn't be soldiers.

Our approval rating in these countries is abysmal. If we have any hope of changing that, we must have our soldiers treat everyone, even the people they're shooting at or have killed, with dignity.
(12-22-2012, 05:37 PM)tvguy Wrote:

You didn't quote the gutless coward part, hit too close to home?

I would rather have all my friends piss on Dead Taliban than have even one sack of shit malcontent whiny anti everything friend like you and your loser of the century club.

Well, I'd rather not have you gutless cowards that go to other countries and kill the innocent people there, either. So take that.

Some of my friends do, and they get compensated rather well for it. Your tax dollars hard at work, that should be on a sign eh?
(12-22-2012, 05:37 PM)tvguy Wrote: [Image: 6h115u.jpg]
(12-22-2012, 05:40 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:

Some of my friends do, and they get compensated rather well for it. Your tax dollars hard at work, that should be on a sign eh?

I'm working on getting that taxable income down as we speak.
(12-22-2012, 05:38 PM)csrowan Wrote: I expect soldiers to have discipline. If they can't show it, they shouldn't be soldiers.

Our approval rating in these countries is abysmal. If we have any hope of changing that, we must have our soldiers treat everyone, even the people they're shooting at or have killed, with dignity.

I totally agree with you.
(12-22-2012, 05:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-22-2012, 05:38 PM)csrowan Wrote: I expect soldiers to have discipline. If they can't show it, they shouldn't be soldiers.

I totally agree with you.

Strange... given the reason I felt it necessary to make that statement:
For Pete's sake walk in a soldiers shoes before you condemn someone so harshly.

BTW if you are a gutless coward forget that last part.

Like I said. I consider it treasonous. You're propagandizing for the enemy when you piss on their dead soldiers, or burn their holy books.