Random video thread
Wowza! Eyebrows

http://archive.org/details/GuideDog1950

Should have waited for him to get inside.Wink
Shouldn't have discharged his firearm without reason to assume imminent violence from the other guy.
(05-30-2013, 05:16 PM)csrowan Wrote: Shouldn't have discharged his firearm without reason to assume imminent violence from the other guy.

No he shouldn't have, he should have waited until the suspect was inside and made the lead count. He says being a veteran of the war, it's natural to jump into combat mode. Combat is not shouting warnings and firing warning shots and all this guy did was endanger others.
(05-30-2013, 06:07 PM)Scar Wrote:
(05-30-2013, 05:16 PM)csrowan Wrote: Shouldn't have discharged his firearm without reason to assume imminent violence from the other guy.

No he shouldn't have, he should have waited until the suspect was inside and made the lead count. He says being a veteran of the war, it's natural to jump into combat mode. Combat is not shouting warnings and firing warning shots and all this guy did was endanger others.

I would suggest he would have been better to verbally warn the person he was armed, as he did, and hopefully scare the guy off without having to fire a shot, but be prepared to fire in the event that the guy 1) doesn't leave, and 2) may be reasonably assumed to offer heavy violence.
(05-28-2013, 12:05 PM)Smithcat Wrote: http://archive.org/details/GuideDog1950

Love this!
(05-30-2013, 07:15 PM)csrowan Wrote:

I would suggest he would have been better to verbally warn the person he was armed, as he did, and hopefully scare the guy off without having to fire a shot, but be prepared to fire in the event that the guy 1) doesn't leave, and 2) may be reasonably assumed to offer heavy violence.

No warning should be needed. If someone enters another mans hacienda without welcome, death should be expected.
The law disagrees with you.
(05-30-2013, 09:16 PM)csrowan Wrote: The law disagrees with you.

Dead men tell no tales. Ninja
(05-30-2013, 09:21 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(05-30-2013, 09:16 PM)csrowan Wrote: The law disagrees with you.

Dead men tell no tales. Ninja

But gun signatures, fingerprints, and nosy neighbors wondering why you're lugging a really heavy garbage bag or rolled up tarp out to your car in the middle of the night after hearing gunfire the day before do.
(05-30-2013, 08:49 PM)Scar Wrote:

No warning should be needed. If someone enters another mans hacienda without welcome, death should be expected.

Death should only be administered for self defense or defense of another.
Just entering a hacienda, is not a 'just' reason. There has to be a danger that threatens one's safety.
If the danger ends, (like, they turn and head out the door) then so does justification to defend one's self.

Unless you live in Sunny Valley / Wolf Creek and you have a big hole dug in the back forty.
(05-30-2013, 09:52 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(05-30-2013, 08:49 PM)Scar Wrote:

Death should only be administered for self defense or defense of another.
Just entering a hacienda, is not a 'just' reason. There has to be a danger that threatens one's safety.
If the danger ends, (like, they turn and head out the door) then so does justification to defend one's self.

Unless you live in Sunny Valley / Wolf Creek and you have a big hole dug in the back forty.

Do you plan to ask him nicely if he intends to do you harm? Not me. If someone enters my home without permission I presume they mean harm.
I presume they are intent on some illegal activity, probably dealing with property, and most likely have less desire for confrontation than I do.
(05-30-2013, 10:16 PM)csrowan Wrote: I presume they are intent on some illegal activity, probably dealing with property, and most likely have less desire for confrontation than I do.

Your home, your family, your choice.
RANDOM VIDEO!

Dung Beetles, better than you may think..
(05-31-2013, 01:11 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: Dung Beetles, better than you may think..

Damn straight!
They are amazing.
I used to hang out with a bunch of Dung Beetles. They finally ran me off saying I couldn't carry my own weight and that I ate weird stuff.
I miss the little fellas.