Zimmerman Emerged From Hiding for Crash Rescue
http://abcnews.go.com/story?id=19735432

George Zimmerman, who has been in hiding since he was acquitted of murder in the death of Trayvon Martin, emerged to help rescue someone who was trapped in an overturned truck, police said today.

Sanford Police Department Capt. Jim McAuliffe told ABC News that Zimmerman "pulled an individual from a truck that had rolled over" at the intersection of a Florida highway last week. Florida Highway Patrol is now handling the case, McAuliffe said.

The crash occurred at the intersection of I-4 and route 417, police said. The crash site is less than a mile from where he shot Martin.

someone give that superhero a cape
So far only ABC is saying that. They are crossing their fingers they are right!
I suppose it's possible.

But does anyone else find it somewhat improbable that a truck would just happen to overturn near wherever Zimmermanwas hiding?

PR stunt, or heroism?
(07-22-2013, 10:20 AM)csrowan Wrote: I suppose it's possible.

But does anyone else find it somewhat improbable that a truck would just happen to overturn near wherever Zimmermanwas hiding?

PR stunt, or heroism?

You need to add the fact that the Police chief was in on this phoney stunt theory.
Not likely at all IMO. Also what fool would invent this and actually think his alleged good deed would change the minds of morons.

I read the article. It makes me sick that idiots are threatening to kill his parents.Gotta give a lot of the credit for that to the lying ass media who helped make something racial with NOTHING to back that up.
Yes, it is sick that people are threatening him and his parents.

However, the fact that the police chief says Zimmerman did it doesn't mean he's in on the hypothetical PR stunt. All it would take would be two people, Zimmerman and a person willing to flip their truck.

And I'm not saying that's what happened, it just seems highly unlikely that such an event would take place at that specific location, at this specific time.
So, this time he did what any reasonable human being would do.
BFD, he still needlessly created a situation in which a young man is now dead.
He should have stayed in his car...Laughing
(07-22-2013, 10:47 AM)gapper Wrote: So, this time he did what any reasonable human being would do.

A young man who BTW was apparently high on some crazy concoction and who lied in wait to confront someone and then not only punched Zimmerman but CHOSE to get on top and rain down more blows.

Silly me. Yes Zimmerman made a bad choice but it's beyond me how martins death seems to be all because Zimmerman followed him.

And before anyone complains about my repetitive comment, let it be known that it's ALWAYS in response to those who chose to lay the blame on George Zimmerman. A A volunteer watchman who simply followed someone. But not the 18 year old thug who brutally attacked him and for all we know would have killed him.
Did the autopsy report on Trayvon confirm that he had drunk cough syrup? I must have missed that.
(07-22-2013, 11:46 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-22-2013, 10:47 AM)gapper Wrote: So, this time he did what any reasonable human being would do.

A young man who BTW was apparently high on some crazy concoction and who lied in wait to confront someone and then not only punched Zimmerman but CHOSE to get on top and rain down more blows.

Silly me. Yes Zimmerman made a bad choice but it's beyond me how martins death seems to be all because Zimmerman followed him.
Because if he'd stayed in the freaking truck like the professional law enforcement person suggested NOTHING would have happened. You are so freaking blind that you can't see that????? Most people seek to find the root of a problem. The root of the problem is that a wanna be cop tough guy chose to ignore the suggestion of a professional and created this whole mess!

Quote:And before anyone complains about my repetitive comment, let it be known that it's ALWAYS in response to those who chose to lay the blame on George Zimmerman. A A volunteer watchman who simply followed someone.

Despite being told by a law enforcement officer "we don''t need you to do that"..!!!!
Quote:But not the 18 year old thug who brutally attacked him and for all we know would have killed him.
And who was minding his own business, however wrong you think his business of walking home was, but was followed and provoked by a wanna be cop.

You can repeat your phony excuse as many times as you wish to but, in my mind and many others, it is just a phony excuse.
(07-22-2013, 11:51 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Did the autopsy report on Trayvon confirm that he had drunk cough syrup? I must have missed that.

No, it did not. Some people make sh*t up... and some people believe it.
I believe someone sad his liver showed signs of damage. I haven't seen the proof yet.
(07-22-2013, 12:02 PM)csrowan Wrote: I believe someone sad his liver showed signs of damage. I haven't seen the proof yet.

There was a report of that. But does not mean he was high on it at the time.
And, if he were, just that much more reason for a layman, wanna be cop to not aggravate the situation and stay in his god damn truck as the law enforcement person implied he should do.
Quote:Martin had 1.5 nanograms of THC – the active ingredient in marijuana – and 7.3 nanograms of another THC substance found in his blood. Traces of cannabis – marijuana – were also found in his urine. The problem with the toxicology report is it doesn’t indicate exactly when the drugs were used and whether Martin was on drugs the night he was killed.
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/06/10/...in-autopsy

See page 6:
Quote:LIVER: No diagnostic abnormality.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images...utopsy.pdf
(07-22-2013, 12:04 PM)gapper Wrote:
(07-22-2013, 12:02 PM)csrowan Wrote: I believe someone sad his liver showed signs of damage. I haven't seen the proof yet.

There was a report of that. But does not mean he was high on it at the time.
And, if he were, just that much more reason for a layman, wanna be cop to not aggravate the situation and stay in his god damn truck as the law enforcement person implied he should do.

True.
Quote:LIVER: No diagnostic abnormality.
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2012/images...utopsy.pdf

Thank you. So it was just a lie, one more attempt at character assassination.
(07-22-2013, 11:59 AM)gapper Wrote:

Because if he'd stayed in the freaking truck like the professional law enforcement person suggested NOTHING would have happened. You are so freaking blind that you can't see that????? Most people seek to find the root of a problem. The root of the problem is that a wanna be cop tough guy chose to ignore the suggestion of a professional and created this whole mess!

Quote:And before anyone complains about my repetitive comment, let it be known that it's ALWAYS in response to those who chose to lay the blame on George Zimmerman. A A volunteer watchman who simply followed someone.

Despite being told by a law enforcement officer "we don''t need you to do that"..!!!!
Quote:But not the 18 year old thug who brutally attacked him and for all we know would have killed him.
And who was minding his own business, however wrong you think his business of walking home was, but was followed and provoked by a wanna be cop.

You can repeat your phony excuse as many times as you wish to but, in my mind and many others, it is just a phony excuse.

Quote: Gapper.. Because if he'd stayed in the freaking truck like the professional law enforcement person suggested NOTHING would have happened. You are so freaking blind that you can't see that????? Most people seek to find the root of a problem. The root of the problem is that a wanna be cop tough guy chose to ignore the suggestion of a professional and created this whole mess!

I'm not blind and I have said over and over that I agree Zimmerman should not have followed. But why can't you or a couple others see MY POINT?? Are YOU so freaking blind that you can't acknowledge that Martin was the aggressor and the one who attacked Zimmerman??

I don't care what YOU think is the root of the problem. I have MY opinion and to hell with you people who want to call me blind, immature, not credible, ridiculous are any of the other denigrating terms.

BTW I don't know why you think I have a phoney excuse. I don't.

Quote:The root of the problem is that a wanna be cop tough guy chose to ignore the suggestion of a professional and created this whole mess!

Sure and a wanna be gangster drug user tough guy who liked to fight and who attacked Zimmerman has nothing to do with the "problem"??? because that wasn't the "root cause" Laughing
Or was it?
You have no evidence that Martin attacked Zimmerman, just as the jury had no evidence that Zimmerman attacked Martin.

Also, back to the story at hand, here's an article with a little more information on the crash.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/22/geo...olice-say/
(07-22-2013, 12:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-22-2013, 11:59 AM)gapper Wrote:

Quote: Gapper.. Because if he'd stayed in the freaking truck like the professional law enforcement person suggested NOTHING would have happened. You are so freaking blind that you can't see that????? Most people seek to find the root of a problem. The root of the problem is that a wanna be cop tough guy chose to ignore the suggestion of a professional and created this whole mess!

I'm not blind and I have said over and over that I agree Zimmerman should not have followed. But why can't you or a couple others see MY POINT?? Are YOU so freaking blind that you can't acknowledge that Martin was the aggressor and the one who attacked Zimmerman??

I don't care what YOU think is the root of the problem. I have MY opinion and to hell with you people who want to call me blind, immature, not credible, ridiculous are any of the other denigrating terms.

BTW I don't know why you think I have a phoney excuse. I don't.

Quote:The root of the problem is that a wanna be cop tough guy chose to ignore the suggestion of a professional and created this whole mess!

Sure and a wanna be gangster drug user tough guy who liked to fight and who attacked Zimmerman has nothing to do with the "problem"??? because that wasn't the "root cause" Laughing
Or was it?

I do see your point. But it does not change the fact that the root of the problem was Zimmerman. End of story. Yet, you keep wanting to denigrate the dead kid.
Further, I did not call you blind, I asked if you are so blind that you cannot see the root of the problem. And, I have never called you " immature, not credible, ridiculous are any of the other denigrating terms.". So, back off on your "to hell with you people" BS, please.