Medford stabbing
Saw this posting on another site and just thought...hmmm.

Quote:MARIA RODRIGUEZ RIP

I was so saddened to read about Marie Rodriguez's stabbing death and search for her alleged killer.

A key takeaway point from Medford Police: (From the Tribune article) "Police reported that an onlooker ran inside to get a gun, but came back outside too late". Folks, this is why we carry concealed. This is also why you should, if possible, ALWAYS carry a gun...EVEN AT HOME.

Had someone had a firearm readily available, this stabbing could have had a much different outcome. People often have a false sense of security in their home. Violence may follow you home, or the home of your neighbor. Video below says it all.

I don't know where the guy in the video lives, and I know there are a lot of dangerous places to live, but I rarely hear about home invasions since moving to Oregon. (Non existent where I lived before here) I grew up outside of L.A. and they were VERY common there, one of the reasons I moved. Well that and all the freeway shootings that were going on in the late 80's.

I looked for stats on home invasion but came up empty. Maybe they don't get their own category. I did find this interesting site. Big Grin

http://www.oregon.gov/osp/CJIS/docs/2012...202012.pdf
(09-03-2013, 08:03 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I don't know where the guy in the video lives, and I know there are a lot of dangerous places to live, but I rarely hear about home invasions since moving to Oregon. (Non existent where I lived before here) I grew up outside of L.A. and they were VERY common there, one of the reasons I moved. Well that and all the freeway shootings that were going on in the late 80's.

I looked for stats on home invasion but came up empty. Maybe they don't get their own category. I did find this interesting site. Big Grin

Interesting statistics.

Now go to Gilbertson's Statistics he reported using GPDPS numbers.

I find it interesting that OSP shows JOCO as a decrease for 2012.

The point is: no matter how many cops there are on the streets, there will never be enough to stop crime, just take a report.
(09-03-2013, 09:06 PM)Prospector Wrote:
(09-03-2013, 08:03 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I don't know where the guy in the video lives, and I know there are a lot of dangerous places to live, but I rarely hear about home invasions since moving to Oregon. (Non existent where I lived before here) I grew up outside of L.A. and they were VERY common there, one of the reasons I moved. Well that and all the freeway shootings that were going on in the late 80's.

Interesting statistics.

The point is: no matter how many cops there are on the streets, there will never be enough to stop crime, just take a report.

That's false logic. Police are able to stop crimes if they are on patrol and spot the suspicious activity. They are also able to respond quicker if there are more of them. They are also able to investigate and hopefully arrest criminals if they aren't caught in the act.

Go NOISE THAT DESTROYS!!! YEAHHHHHH!Rolling Eyes

Recently A man shot another man when he tried to force his way inside a white city home. That was a home invasion that was prevented with a gun.

It's been a while but I remember where THREE men invaded a home and tied up the residents. They were caught later.

In the paper just the other day a man caught some fool in his kitchen and got in to a fight with him. Later the suspect was caught. What's the difference between burglary or when some idiot doesn't know OR care if you are home?

Below is just three pages of hits when I dis a search for "home invasion in the MMT. There are 455 total.

Sort By:
Relevance
Date
Time Period From: To:

UPDATED: Man arrested in violent home invasion robbery - 04-23-2013
11:08 a.m. A Medford man is lodged in Jackson County Jail on more than $4 million bail after a reported home invasion early this morning, Medford police said in a news release. Brenton Allen Morrow, 25, of the 600 block of Catherine Street, is lodged on a charge of first-degree burglary and two...
Article In News
Shooting suspect linked to home-invasion robbery in Ashland - 04-23-2012
An Eagle Point man in jail on charges of murdering his roommate now faces robbery and kidnapping charges from a Jan. 13 home-invasion robbery in Ashland. Dylan Ashmun, 26, who is suspected of shooting his 24-year-old roommate, Joseph Faaeteete, on March 28, faced additional charges Monday of...
Article In News
Robbers make off with cash in home invasion - 01-20-2012
Authorities give very little in the way of details An undisclosed amount of money was taken from a home along the 100 block of Alnutt Street in Ashland just before 7 a.m. Friday, Jan. 13, in what police are calling a home invasion robbery. Sgt. Tighe O'Meara of the Ashland Police said two to...
Article In News
Police arrest third suspect in home-invasion robbery - 04-27-2012
Ashland man was robbed at his home Jan. 13 by three men Police have arrested a third suspect in a January home-invasion robbery on Alnutt Street in Ashland. Officers arrested Michael Edward Tracy III, 23, in Medford Tuesday. They served a search warrant at his home on Sheraton Court and collected...
Article In News
Investigation leads to third man suspected in home invasion - 04-25-2012
Ashland police have arrested a third suspect in a January home-invasion robbery. Officers arrested Michael Edward Tracy III, 23, in Medford Tuesday. They served a search warrant at his home on Sheraton Court and "recovered a substantial amount of evidence," a news release said. (Clarification: This...
Article In News
Home-invasion suspects charged - 09-27-2007
Two men have been charged for their suspected roles in a home-invasion robbery in February 2006. Medford police arrested Brandon Michael Robinson, 25, of the 2300 block of East Barnett Road, and Adam David Rutherford, 22, of the 2100 block of Knowles Road, on Sunday. Both men appeared in Jackson...
Article In News
Man pleads guilty to Eagle Point home invasion - 12-19-2011
An Eagle Point man was sentenced to more than six years in prison after he admitted to a violent home invasion robbery in which he and an unidentified accomplice tied up two roommates and stole electronic equipment, money and a pickup truck. Pete Alvarado, 29, of Eagle Point, pleaded guilty today...
Article In News
Home invasion nets six years - 12-20-2011
An Eagle Point man was sentenced to more than six years in prison after he admitted to a violent home invasion robbery in which he and an unidentified accomplice tied up two roommates and stole electronic equipment, money and a pickup. Pete Alvarado, 29, of Eagle Point, pleaded guilty Monday in...
Article In News
Alleged gang member arrested in home-invasion robbery - 05-31-2012
The final suspect in an armed, home-invasion robbery on Beatty Street last month was arrested Wednesday and jailed on robbery and theft charges. Michael Anthony Lujan, 41, was arrested by Medford officers inside a home on Sharon Way in White City. Lujan was the last of three suspects believed to...
Article In News
Police nab last of three suspects in April home-invasion robbery - 06-01-2012
Michael Anthony Lujan, 41, is described as a 'Mexican Mafia' member recently released from a California penitentiary The final suspect in an armed home invasion robbery on Beatty Street reported last month was arrested Wednesday and jailed on robbery and theft charges. Michael Anthony Lujan, 41,...

Sort By:
Relevance
Date

Police charge two, seek third in home invasion robberies - 09-26-2007
Two men have been charged for their suspected roles in a home-invasion robbery in February 2006. Medford police arrested Brandon Michael Robinson, 25, of the 2300 block of East Barnett Road, and Adam David Rutherford, 22, of the 2100 block of Knowles Road, on Sunday. Both men appeared in Jackson...
Article In News
Three arrested after home-invasion robbery - 08-01-2013
Police have arrested two admitted heroin addicts who stormed a Medford house at gunpoint early Tuesday to rob a woman. They also arrested a teenage girl accused of helping set up the home-invasion robbery, police said. Taken into custody on single counts of first-degree burglary and second-degree...
Article In News
Police arrest one man, seek another in Kerby home invasion - 01-29-2010
The Josephine County Sheriff's Department has arrested one suspect and named a second in a home invasion robbery that targeted medical marijuana and a shotgun in Cave Junction last week. Deputies arrested 33-year-old Billy Jack Biggs, also known as Blue, in Kerby Thursday afternoon. He was lodged...
Article In News
Arrest made in home invasion case - 01-30-2010
Josephine County Sheriff's Department also names second suspect in last week's Cave Junction assault and burglary The Josephine County Sheriff's Department has arrested one suspect and named a second in a home invasion burglary that left a Cave Junction man beaten and robbed of his medical...
Article In News
Medford couple survives scary home invasion robbery - 09-03-2010
Police do not believe suspects knew victims The hunt continues for two masked robbers who invaded a Medford couple's home early Thursday and ransacked the house looking for money and prescription drugs. The couple, who live in the 400 block of Oak Street and are described as middle-aged, called...
Article In News
Two men indicted on multiple counts in December crime spree - 12-30-2009
Pair suspected of holding Applegate couple at gunpoint in home-invasion robbery on Dec. 12 Two men have been indicted on robbery, theft, assault and drug charges for their suspected roles in a home-invasion robbery targeting medical marijuana in the Applegate earlier this month. A Jackson County...
Article In News
Shooting suspect linked to robbery - 04-24-2012
An incarcerated Eagle Point man accused of murdering his roommate now faces robbery and kidnapping charges from a Jan. 13 home-invasion robbery in Ashland. Dylan Ashmun, 26, who is suspected of shooting his 24-year-old roommate, Joseph Faaeteete, on March 28, faced additional charges Monday of...
Article In News
Facebook barges into Google turf - 04-08-2013
New Facebook Home co-opts Google Inc.'s Android cell software NEW YORK — Facebook Home, the new software that takes over the front screen of a smartphone, is a bit of a corporate home invasion. Facebook is essentially moving into Google's turf, taking advantage of software the search giant and...
Article In Business
Civil rights suit filed against police, sheriff - 06-26-2013
Aman who pleaded guilty to participating in a home-invasion robbery in 2012 has filed a federal lawsuit alleging his civil rights were violated during his arrest. Michael Anthony Lujan, 42, is representing himself in a case filed in Medford's U.S. District Court against Medford police Chief Tim...
Article In News
California deputies kill man armed with knife - 07-10-2007
HORNBROOK, Calif. — Two Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Department deputies shot and killed a knife-wielding man Monday night while investigating a report of a home invasion. The Siskiyou County District Attorney’s Office and the California Department of Justice are investigating the shooting. The...
Article In News

Deputies kill man brandishing a knife - 07-11-2007
HORNBROOK, Calif. — Two Siskiyou County Sheriff's Department deputies shot and killed a knife-wielding man Monday night while investigating a report of a home invasion. The Siskiyou County District Attorney's Office and the California Department of Justice are investigating the shooting. The...
Article In News
Grand jury indicts robbery suspects - 12-29-2009
Two men have been indicted on robbery, theft, assault and drug charges for their suspected roles in a home-invasion robbery targeting medical marijuana in the Applegate earlier this month. A Jackson County grand jury indicted Jack Edgar Watt, 35, of Salem, and Mark Duane Anders, 43, no address...
Article In News
Man who attacked elders during robbery sentenced to prison - 08-28-2013
A Central Point man was sentenced to 12 years in prison after pleading guilty today to violently attacking two elderly family members in a home invasion robbery. Brenton Allen Morrow, 25, pleaded guilty before Jackson County Circuit Court Judge Mark Schiveley to two Measure 11 counts of...
Article In News
Life sentence for white supremacist in murder of Cottage Grove man - 03-10-2013
EUGENE — A white supremacist who murdered a Cottage Grove man during a brazen, home-invasion robbery was sentenced to life in prison. Robert P. Smith, 35, pleaded guilty Friday to aggravated murder and other charges in the January 2012 shooting death of 48-year-old Terry Fruichantie. Prosectutor...
Article In News
Papers describe robbery plot against 79-year-old - 06-16-2013
Trio allegedly had planned robbery; woman was there PENDLETON — The beating of a 79-year-old Eastern Oregon woman in January was the result of a plot to carry out a home invasion robbery of a woman who lived alone in an unincorporated community near the Washington border, court documents show. In...
Article In News
Police hunt for robbery suspects - 08-03-2011
One victim pulled from wheelchair, tied up; police have person of interest EAGLE POINT — Eagle Point police believe they have identified one of two suspects in a violent home invasion robbery early Tuesday in which a man was forced from his wheelchair and tied up. Police Chief Vern Thompson said...
Article In News
Man gets 12 years for robbing family members - 08-29-2013
Brenton Morrow, 25, pleaded guilty to attacking his elderly great-aunt and uncle with stun gun A Central Point man was sentenced to 12 years in prison Wednesday after pleading guilty to violently attacking two elderly family members in a home invasion robbery. Brenton Allen Morrow, 25, pleaded...
Article In News
Woman allegedly tied to home invasion - 04-16-2013
She's held on more than $3 million bail Medford police have arrested a woman suspected of being part of a group of intruders who stormed into a Plum Street home late last month, then threatened and assaulted a man, leaving him with a knife wound on his neck Amanda Marie Rauls, 27, who has no...
Article In News
Siskiyou County authorities are still looking for 3 home-invasion robbers - 11-25-2008
YREKA, Calif. — Authorities in Siskiyou County continue to look for three men who reportedly held a woman at gunpoint and stole cash and guns from her home. A 29-year-old woman called 9-1-1 shortly before 10 p.m. Friday to report the robbery, the Siskiyou County Sheriff's Office reported Monday....
Article In News
Two arrested in home invasion robbery - 04-27-2012
Two men suspected of holding a homeowner at gunpoint while they stole electronics from his home and poured bleach on his furniture were arrested Thursday afternoon, police said. Medford police said in a news release they are also on the hunt for a third suspect involved in the April 13 incident....
Article In News

Sort By:
Relevance
Date

Second man pleads guilty in Ashland home invasion - 10-26-2012
One of three men charged in breaking into an Ashland home in January and holding the occupant against his will while stealing money and property pleaded guilty to first-degree burglary today, Jackson County Circuit Court records show. Michael Tracy III, 23, of Medford, had additional charges of...
Article In News
Woman arrested in connection with home invasion, assault - 04-15-2013
Medford police have arrested a woman suspected of storming into a Plum Street home late last month as part of a group of intruders who threatened and assaulted a man, leaving him with a knife wound on his neck Amanda Marie Rauls, 27, who has no listed address but stays in Medford, was arrested...
Article In News
Ailing woman battered during home invasion - 01-19-2008
Jennifer Towe has decided to start locking her front door after a woman entered her home early Thursday and assaulted her mother-in-law. Towe was woken just before 5 a.m. by sounds of a struggle in the living room of her home in the 2300 block of Fowler Lane off Highway 62 near White City. "It's...
Article In News
Drug debt was reason for home invasion, police say - 05-18-2010
Suspect allegedly broke in, pointed rifle at people after $750 pot deal went unpaid A Medford man is in jail on $250,000 bail after allegedly breaking down the door of a North Keene Way Drive home Sunday morning and threatening people there with an assault rifle over an unpaid drug debt, police...
Article In News
Home-invasion assault, burglary investigated - 11-22-2010
The Jackson County Sheriff's Department is investigating a report that a man pushed his way into a South Stage Road home on Saturday afternoon and fought with a woman there who tried to block his way. The woman reported the assault and attempted burglary at about 2:25 p.m. Saturday, a sheriff's...
Article In News
Two jailed in home-invasion robbery - 02-15-2003
Police say the men broke into a woman's home, tied her up and searched for loot of the Mail Tribune Medford police have arrested two men who allegedly forced their way into a Table Rock Road home, bound a woman with duct tape and ransacked the home in search of cash. Police arrested Robert...
Article In Business
Trial opens in case of two home invasions in '98 in Central Point - 03-17-1999
A man and woman went on trial Tuesday for the violent home-invasion robberies of two homes in the Central Point area last year. The defendants -- David McDonald Heath, 42, and Neva Lynn Honeycutt, also 41 -- face lengthy prison sentences if convicted. They were captured last summer in the New...
Article In News
Home-invasion pair guilty on most charges - 03-20-1999
and JIM DAVIS A Jacksonville man and his gun-toting girlfriend were convicted Friday of committing a violent home-invasion robbery and breaking into another home last year. A Jackson County jury deliberated about four hours over two days before finding the defendants -- David McDonald Heath,...
Article In News
Three face trial for home invasion - 02-22-2005
One defendant has also been charged in a June robbery at a coffee stand Three defendants in a June home-invasion robbery and attack on the home's resident will face a jury today. Al Lamont Daniels, 26, Brian Keith Yancy, 27, and Mario Roshun Vital, 24, are charged with numerous crimes in...
Article In Business
August trial awaits men in Talent home invasion case - 07-10-2004
Three men accused in a June home invasion robbery will stand trial next month. Al Lamont Daniels, 23, and 27-year-old Brian Keith Yancy, both of Ashland, and 24-year-old Mario Roshun Vital of Oakland, Calif., are set to face a jury Aug. 17. The trial is scheduled over three days. Vital and...
Article In Business

Well then, maybe I need to brush up on my punk snuffing. Know of any old abandoned appliances we can go put a few pounds of lead in? Big Grin
UPDATED: Tip helps police take homicide suspect into custody
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll.../130909991
(09-04-2013, 02:19 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Well then, maybe I need to brush up on my punk snuffing. Know of any old abandoned appliances we can go put a few pounds of lead in? Big Grin

The days of dumping appliances have been gone quite a while. Every since scrap metal prices went upBig Grin
But people still dump TV's. I guess risking getting a big fat ticket is better than the free dumping of electronics at Rogue disposal.
(09-04-2013, 08:59 AM)BeerMe Wrote:

Interesting statistics.

That's false logic. Police are able to stop crimes if they are on patrol and spot the suspicious activity. They are also able to respond quicker if there are more of them. They are also able to investigate and hopefully arrest criminals if they aren't caught in the act.

It's not false logic at all. You said Police are able to stop crimes if they are on patrol and spot the suspicious activity
That's a big IF
I believe the point is that very often the police only arrive AFTER the crime has been committed.
Just remember OL's words... When seconds count the police are only minutes away.Smiling
(09-04-2013, 02:41 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Interesting statistics.

It's not false logic at all. You said Police are able to stop crimes if they are on patrol and spot the suspicious activity
That's a big IF
I believe the point is that very often the police only arrive AFTER the crime has been committed.
Just remember OL's words... When seconds count the police are only minutes away.Smiling
And if there are no police then they won't get caught....
(09-04-2013, 02:57 PM)BeerMe Wrote:

Interesting statistics.

That's a big IF

I agree.
(09-04-2013, 02:57 PM)BeerMe Wrote:

Interesting statistics.

That's a big IF

Exactly!

Interesting statistics.

Yeah, right! Average response time to 911 call - 11 minutes
Patrolling cops? Hahahaha.....what planet are you from? Cops don't patrol like they use too. They are reactive, not proactive.

By the way, if you haven't noticed "catching in the act" is like winning the lottery!

http://blogs.wsj.com/numbersguy/response...tats-1264/

False logic? Yeah your false logic noise will get ya reserve slot at the morgue!
Rolling Eyes
Interesting note that good old police work isn't catching the criminal anymore it's technology!

Whether its the camera, forensic science, and now social media. The LEO isn't more than a paper shuffler who eventually becomes a legalized bounty hunter using the fore mentioned items to apprehend the criminal.
(09-04-2013, 05:34 PM)Prospector Wrote: Interesting note that good old police work isn't catching the criminal anymore it's technology!

Whether its the camera, forensic science, and now social media. The LEO isn't more than a paper shuffler who eventually becomes a legalized bounty hunter using the fore mentioned items to apprehend the criminal.

There is a TV reality show called the first 48. It's about homicide detectives and it closely shows exactly what these people do. It takes place in many large cities.
If you actually think they don't use good old police work and rely on other hi tech things then you need to watch it.
Instead of all of the bullshit Hollywood TV shoes.
Ah, it isn't happening in JOCO and never did even before the cutbacks.

Look again at OSP stats.
Poor misunderstood Pepe.

[Image: _?_=1358608]

MFP 0163.115 MURDER / MURDER N $0.00 09/04/2013
MFP ILL ALIEN / ILLEGAL ALIEN N $0.00 09/04/2013