Did We Ever...?
Did we ever come to any conclusion (here at the RVF) about the difference between price and value?
Is there a chance, however remote, that the single most attractive feature here is the cost? (That is, the lack of price)
We spew (too harsh ?) ) our most random thoughts, or all too often our lack of thought, into the meld because we can do so easily without charge.
So, I wonder: What might add value, thrashing the wheat from the chaff so to speak? What if we were required to pay for the privilege of joining this community to express and share opinion, to argue our positions, to find common ground or not, to interact and in doing so engage and promote dialog that has some value.

And then, what if we gave authority to someone to moderate this space who had the power to rescind membership because of lack of "valued content"? The rationale might be that the value of the place would become less than the cost if the space was filled with mindless offerings of reactive rambling. You know: Like this. Embarrassed
Start sending your $10 monthly fee to Clete's Clean Up The Rogue Valley Forum Action Committee. After the Forum has been put right, fees will be reduced to a $9.50 maintenance fee.

Make checks payable to:

Cody's Tavern For Clete's needs
1105 Mill Street
Grants Pass, Or 97527
That money would be better put to use for my wedding gifts. I can post the registry but since we have everything we need, cash will work.
How about a down payment on the divorce lawyer.
Remember when HamSammich started talking about how he had found a lady... and they were going to get married?!?! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hey Scar... do you live with (and off of) your Momma too? Laughing Laughing Laughing
(09-14-2013, 08:21 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Hey Scar... do you live with (and off of) your Momma too? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Naw, she is dead.Smiling
(09-14-2013, 08:26 AM)Scar Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 08:21 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Hey Scar... do you live with (and off of) your Momma too? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Naw, she is dead.Smiling

But...
You didn't answer the question.
Hey... welcome back, Wonky!
(09-14-2013, 08:47 AM)Wonky Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 08:26 AM)Scar Wrote:

Naw, she is dead.Smiling

But...
You didn't answer the question.

Yes I did.
Good to see you around.Big Grin
(09-14-2013, 09:37 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Scar... Did you meet your gal at Westboro Mingle?

We met in highschool. Will you be giving us a gift or cash for our wedding?
(09-14-2013, 01:26 AM)Wonky Wrote: And then, what if we gave authority to someone to moderate this space who had the power to rescind membership because of lack of "valued content"?

Then he/she would delete threads like this one and send you down the road with Hammy Sammy.Laughing

BTW here is what I was laughing at when I spoke to you on the phone. I parked by the river on a steep bank and when I got out and slammed the door the car was floatingRazz

[Image: 2zrp2m1.jpg]

Haha. No doubt! You would have to be a real bonafide POS to have to live with momma, especiallly with a college degree. Good call scrappy.Big Grin
(09-14-2013, 07:21 PM)Scar Wrote:

Haha. No doubt! You would have to be a real bonafide POS to have to live with momma, especiallly with a college degree. Good call scrappy.Big Grin

Is that one of those personal attacks you claim not to make? Oddly specific for not referring to anyone in particular.
(09-14-2013, 07:26 PM)csrowan Wrote:

Is that one of those personal attacks you claim not to make? Oddly specific for not referring to anyone in particular.

We are talking about someone called hammy(yashua something or another) that is permanently banned and therfore is not a forum member. Why do you have to troll my every post? STALKER!
According to the ToS you're so fond of referring to lately, unless they're a public figure, they're supposed to be out of bounds.

But apparently you only care about the ToS as it applies to others.
(09-14-2013, 07:46 PM)csrowan Wrote: According to the ToS you're so fond of referring to lately, unless they're a public figure, they're supposed to be out of bounds.

We have public figures living with their mommies. Can you give me a google check on that please?..
Oh, and for future reference, for you and TV and anyone else who ever has or ever will accuse me of stalking someone... I don't stalk anyone, I just read every post.
(09-14-2013, 07:51 PM)Scar Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 07:46 PM)csrowan Wrote: According to the ToS you're so fond of referring to lately, unless they're a public figure, they're supposed to be out of bounds.

We have public figures living with their mommies. Can you give me a google check on that please?..

I believe you just said you were talking about hammie, who is not a public figure.
(09-14-2013, 07:26 PM)csrowan Wrote:

Hey Rowan,Go back to the threads beginning and see who started any kind of personal crap.