Poll: What moderation style should the site have?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Keep the rules as they are. Try again to find additional moderators.
31.03%
9 31.03%
Remove most moderation. Some things remain off-limits due to legal/usability concerns.
51.72%
15 51.72%
Scrap the whole thing. Let people argue on Facebook, Twitter, craigslist.
6.90%
2 6.90%
Do something else altogether (please reply with suggestions).
10.34%
3 10.34%
Total 29 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Moderation options
Anyone else notice how everyone seemed to clam up since this thread was posted? Thumbs Down
I think we may need to put an APB out on TVguy
If the moderation disappears, I wonder how many people will disappear with it.

Not that there is much to begin with, but I can't help but wonder who is going to go hog wild.
(06-26-2014, 12:59 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Anyone else notice how everyone seemed to clam up since this thread was posted? Thumbs Down

I'm not sure what you mean by that?
(06-26-2014, 01:16 PM)GPnative Wrote: I think we may need to put an APB out on TVguy

My guess is that TV is busy doing gardening and other projects and staying busy. Or he's not well.
(06-26-2014, 04:26 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(06-26-2014, 01:16 PM)GPnative Wrote: I think we may need to put an APB out on TVguy

My guess is that TV is busy doing gardening and other projects and staying busy. Or he's not well.

I think he has gotten tired of everyone blaming him for the lack of participants here.
No, he enjoys the attention. Maybe he got arrested.
(06-26-2014, 09:19 PM)bbqboy Wrote: No, he enjoys the attention. Maybe he got arrested.

Or he's out killing fish.
Maybe his warning level was getting too high and he has to lay low for awhile.
(06-26-2014, 08:22 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(06-26-2014, 04:26 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

I think he has gotten tired of everyone blaming him for the lack of participants here.

That would be my guess. Funny, the ones that really caused it have no clue who they are.
Cletus has been taking a break too...
Speaking of TV....

I heard there is a new guy on a corner in CP hollerin at passers by. Razz Laughing
They're both doing outdoorsy stuff, I'm telling you. (could be totally wrong, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it!) The theory that if certain people were gone, then things would pick up isn't holding true either!Wink
Let's have the moderation whiners take a break, and see if things pick up Big Grin
(06-27-2014, 03:24 PM)Asquared44 Wrote: Let's have the moderation whiners take a break, and see if things pick up Big Grin

That'll leave like 5 people.Laughing
(06-27-2014, 04:26 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(06-27-2014, 03:24 PM)Asquared44 Wrote: Let's have the moderation whiners take a break, and see if things pick up Big Grin

That'll leave like 5 people.Laughing

Big Grin
(06-23-2014, 04:35 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I chose "Try again to find additional moderators" because the egregious posts need to be dealt with quickly and imo more sternly. Perhaps some of the newer members that don't harbor longstanding grudges can step up. (though I have no idea what moderating entails)
I wish to volunteer these nice folks. (in no particular order) Some are newbies but all are reasonable and still currently posting sans TennisMom.

And the nominies are.... Kadylady, GPnative, Someones Dad, Tiamat, Cletus1, Snowlover, blondemom TennisMom, Homebrew4u, Jeep, Lucy, MarkM, oregon 67, Prospero, publius, tealeaf, & Willie Krash. Big Grin

I would also choose "Remove most moderation." if we can allow say three volunteer members the ability to remove from public view offensive posts for later review by a moderator.

While we're nominating....what about you! Smiling
I see SP is banned. But wasn't he banned in the first place? Why was he even allowed back if he was permanently banned? Or was it under one of his different names?
(08-05-2014, 09:39 AM)Tiamat Wrote: I see SP is banned. But wasn't he banned in the first place? Why was he even allowed back if he was permanently banned? Or was it under one of his different names?

It says: Blatant, repeated trolling surrounding the death of a member.

Who died? Sad
(08-05-2014, 08:44 PM)Snowlover Wrote:
(08-05-2014, 09:39 AM)Tiamat Wrote: I see SP is banned. But wasn't he banned in the first place? Why was he even allowed back if he was permanently banned? Or was it under one of his different names?

It says: Blatant, repeated trolling surrounding the death of a member.

Who died? Sad