Texas Cops, a Muslim Teenager, and a Clock
Texas Teenager Arrested When Teachers, Police Decide His Homemade Clock Is a “Hoax Bomb”

By Beth Ethier

[Image: 14-year-old-Ahmed-Mohamed-KXAS-TV-800x430.jpg]

A teenager in Irving, Texas, was arrested Monday when he brought a homemade clock to class and was accused of building a "hoax bomb," the Dallas Morning News reports.
Ahmed Mohamed, 14, is an avid inventor and built a simple clock to show an engineering teacher at his new high school this week, but the device alarmed his teachers, who apparently alerted police, he told the Morning News:

Quote:The teacher kept the clock. When the principal and a police officer pulled Ahmed out of sixth period, he suspected he wouldn't get it back.

Quote:They led Ahmed into a room where four other police officers waited. He said an officer he’d never seen before leaned back in his chair and remarked: "Yup. That’s who I thought it was."

Quote:Ahmed felt suddenly conscious of his brown skin and his name—one of the most common in the Muslim religion. But the police kept him busy with questions.

Quote:The bell rang at least twice, he said, while the officers searched his belongings and questioned his intentions. The principal threatened to expel him if he didn’t make a written statement, he said.

Quote:"They were like, 'So you tried to make a bomb?' " Ahmed said.

Quote:"I told them no, I was trying to make a clock."

Quote:"He said, 'It looks like a movie bomb to me.' "

Ahmed was walked out of his school in handcuffs, taken to a juvenile detention center, and fingerprinted before his parents could pick him up. The police have his homemade clock, which he says is housed in "a box you could get at Target for like, five, 10 dollars, and they were telling me it was a suitcase, a briefcase." As of Tuesday, it seems police have not decided to charge Ahmed for making a clock in a box.

Ahmed's father, longtime Irving resident Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed, is a native of Sudan and has run for president of that country twice, including this year. He told theMorning News  that Ahmed "just wants to invent good things for mankind ... but because his name is Mohamed and because of Sept. 11, I think my son got mistreated." Father and son reportedly plan to meet with the principal and the police chief on Wednesday.

The Dallas chapter of the Council for American-Islamic Relations has taken an interest in the case. "I think this wouldn’t even be a question if his name wasn't Ahmed Mohamed," said CAIR's Alia Salem, according to ABC affiliate WFAA. "He is an excited kid who is very bright and wants to share it with his teachers."

Unfortunately, his experience this week seems to have dampened Ahmed's enthusiasm for sharing his inventions, at least at MacArthur High in Irving: "He’s vowed never to take an invention to school again," the Morning News says in closing.
He was making a time machine, and we all know how dangerous that is.
Quote: Wrote:The teacher kept the clock. When the principal and a police officer pulled Ahmed out of sixth period, he suspected he wouldn't get it back.
There's a very bright kid. He should be given extra credit not hand cuffs and grief. I bet he's smart enough to explain to the "adults" that lacking explosives, a detonator and a trigger that this was just a clock.  Whether they were smart enough to listen is another thing.
Laughing Laughing
Wait until he takes drivers training, looks like a car bomb for sure.
(09-16-2015, 08:16 PM)chuck white Wrote: Wait until he takes drivers training, looks like a car bomb for sure.

Yep.  Big Grin
This story has caused an outpouring of support from many people. The young man might even go to the White House at the invitation of president Obama. I am proud of the many America that stand up against this kind bigotry. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2015/.../32510935/
...At least Larry would have shot the kid first. Pussy police and principals these days. Sigh.
(09-16-2015, 09:44 PM)bbqboy Wrote: ...At least Larry would have shot the kid first.  Pussy police and principals these days. Sigh.

Those that support the police should arrive soon. 

Another look at the building support. Stand with Ahmed.  Smiling

https://mobile.twitter.com/istandwithahmed
Shame the little muzzy didn't blow the place to hell. Allah isn't going to like this. But it looks like he has a chance to redeem himself, maybe explode it while visiting Obama.
Personally I don't think bigotry is the problem here as much as paranoia, ignorance and as far as the cops going by the book, protocol or whatever instead of using even a little common sense.

An Barry should keep his big fat mouth shut.
(09-17-2015, 11:30 AM)Stvguy Wrote: Personally I don't think bigotry is the problem here as much as paranoia, ignorance and as far as the cops going by the book, protocol or whatever instead of using even a little common sense.

An Barry should keep his big fat mouth shut.

Problem was the thing was counting down, and only muzzies have clocks that count down.
If the kid had been Caucasian no one would have batted it an eye. 
Bigotry and ignorance.  
Can't fix those that don't want to be fixed.  Just look at SFLib, Tornado, Orygunlvr, etc.
I told you the cop supporters would arrive soon.  Big Grin

Even when there is so much information that shows the kid clearly made a clock, Muslim haters will see it all through the eyes of their own bigotry. 
GOOD THINK IT WASN'T A KLOCK
(09-17-2015, 01:00 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I told you the cop supporters would arrive soon.  Big Grin

Even when there is so much information that shows the kid clearly made a clock, Muslim haters will see it all through the eyes of their own bigotry. 
You are a closet cop lover, you spend more time with them than probably everyone on here combined.
(09-17-2015, 01:00 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I told you the cop supporters would arrive soon.  Big Grin

I haven't seen a picture of this clock. I woulds like to before I called anyone any names for thinking it was a bomb.
(09-17-2015, 12:57 PM)Scrapper Wrote: If the kid had been Caucasian no one would have batted it an eye. 
Bigotry and ignorance.  
Can't fix those that don't want to be fixed.  Just look at SFLib, Tornado, Orygunlvr, etc.

No shit? I wonder if that happens to have anything to do with the fact that it's almost always Muslims blowing shit up??

Here's a news flash.... Muslims do indeed make bombs and blow up themselves, and take as many people as they can with them.

So if someone sees a Muslim with something that may be a bomb the odds are it is a bomb because they ARE a Muslim.. It's called common sense/logic. I can see why they just might want to make sure it isn't. That doesn't mean the people behaved properly in this case but I sure as hell will NEVER blame anyone for "profiling" and call them bigots.
(09-17-2015, 01:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-17-2015, 12:57 PM)Scrapper Wrote: If the kid had been Caucasian no one would have batted it an eye. 
Bigotry and ignorance.  

No shit? I wonder if that happens to have anything to do with the fact that it's almost always Muslims blowing shit up??

Here's a news flash.... Muslims do indeed make bombs and blow up themselves, and take as many people as they can with them.

So if someone sees a Muslim with something that may be a bomb the odds are it is a bomb because they ARE a Muslim.. It's called common sense/logic. I can see why they just might want to make sure it isn't. That doesn't mean the people behaved properly in this case but I sure as hell will NEVER blame anyone for "profiling" and call them bigots.

I would agree that profiling is not necessarily bigotry. However, what do you think about the school letting the suspension stand even after they learned the kid was making a digital clock not a bomb and what about the comments made by police? 

Have'nt you watched any news stories about this?
(09-17-2015, 03:00 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(09-17-2015, 01:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Bigotry and ignorance.  

I would agree that profiling is not necessarily bigotry. However, what do you think about the school letting the suspension stand even after they learned the kid was making a digital clock not a bomb and what about the comments made by police? 

Have'nt you watched any news stories about this?

Well I did say on this thread...Personally I don't think bigotry is the problem here as much as paranoia, ignorance and as far as the cops going by the book, protocol or whatever instead of using even a little common sense.

I can't say why the school let the suspension stand even after they learned the kid was making a digital clock and not a bomb. I think Someone is an idiot.

And no I don't know all what the police have said.
You'll always be an asshole. Embrace it. Maybe a muslim iis designated to watch White City. They know you're the last defense
guarding the sewage plant. A glorious firefight ensues. White city becomes Ground zero. Larry erupts in hateful bliss.
The North valley is destroyed in a monumental fireball. We all go home happy.