I Have Been Talking to Some of You For Years
This morning I was thinking about this forum and reflecting on how long I have been coming here. Although I have not met some of you, I have met many of you that still come here. I guess what I was thinking is that I "meet" with you guys as often as I do with some good friends and relatives. 

This forum is different then the few other forums I visit. I don't regularly participate on those other forums unless I am looking for information. I come here just to see what the hell you are all saying and I enjoy this place most of the time. 

I like "discussing" events and ideas with you all. I also like debating ideas with those of you I typically disagree with. You see, here, I win most of the debates, but in the real world I hang out with intellectual giants and learn from them.  Razz

It's going to be a warm autumn day, enjoy it.   Big Grin
(10-04-2015, 07:50 AM)cletus1 Wrote: This morning I was thinking about this forum and reflecting on how long I have been coming here. Although I have not met some of you, I have met many of you that still come here. I guess what I was thinking is that I "meet" with you guys as often as I do with some good friends and relatives. 

This forum is different then the few other forums I visit. I don't regularly participate on those other forums unless I am looking for information. I come here just to see what the hell you are all saying and I enjoy this place most of the time. 

I like "discussing" events and ideas with you all. I also like debating ideas with those of you I typically disagree with. You see, here, I win most of the debates, but in the real world I hang out with intellectual giants and learn from them.  Razz

It's going to be a warm autumn day, enjoy it.   Big Grin

Pleasant post, and went well with my 2nd cup of coffee. Is Autumn great, or what! A wonderful time of the year. Even the woodpeckers pounding on the aluminum gutters can't ruin it. Soon the leaves from my Oak trees will fill the yards, but this year I'm farming it out to a younger more able guy. My job is just to get to the store and buy the clear 50 gallon bags. (Anyone use the paper ones?) 

Glad you have "intellectual giants" to hang out with. Ask a few to join the RVF and engage in the debates here.

Now...one more cup of coffee wouldn't kill a guy. And I WILL enjoy the warm autumn day. 
So we're chopped liver. Nice to know.
(10-04-2015, 07:50 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I win most of the debates

Laughing Delusional.
(10-04-2015, 01:30 PM)Hugo Wrote:

Laughing Delusional.

I win them all with you. 
(10-04-2015, 01:11 PM)bbqboy Wrote: So we're chopped liver. Nice to know.

Not really, I was just having some fun. I wish I hung out with intellectuals. I know a few interesting and smart people that I like talking with, but I do live in GP ya know. Most of the really smart people I know are liberal Democrats so perhaps I should move to Ashland.  Big Grin
(10-04-2015, 03:09 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

Laughing Delusional.

I win them all with you. 

Actually, I've been keep score for 7 years. 
Sorry Clete: Hugo and Larry one up on you. 
The next one is a tie breaker! (Don't get nervous, Clete, but don't get cocky either cause as you know Hugo has a BIG gun!)  Laughing
(10-04-2015, 03:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-04-2015, 03:09 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

Laughing Delusional.

I win them all with you. 

Actually, I've been keep score for 7 years. 
Sorry Clete: Hugo and Larry one up on you. 
The next one is a tie breaker! (Don't get nervous, Clete, but don't get cocky either cause as you know Hugo has a BIG gun!)  Laughing

So, I can't remember, but I think I joined MTF in 2006.  Does that sound about right?  TM was there back there. And Oldy.
Hello Clete. and everyone else...thought I would stop by and say something instead of just lurking all the time...it has been a while...
I still remember the old days  (has it really been that long?)... Surprised
(10-05-2015, 02:18 AM)zhang Wrote: Hello Clete. and everyone else...thought I would stop by and say something instead of just lurking all the time...it has been a while...

How are you doing?
(10-05-2015, 02:18 AM)zhang Wrote: Hello Clete. and everyone else...thought I would stop by and say something instead of just lurking all the time...it has been a while...

Hello Zhang. I was surprised to see your post. I hope things are going well for you. I still plan on eventually traveling to China, but not this winter. I will be going to Kerala and Goa India in late February. A friend has asked me to go for years and even offered to pay my airfare. I plan to travel around the country so I am arranging my own travel. 

Do you get email notices if you receive a personal message from this site? If you do, I can send you one before I arrange for travel to China and you can advise me on some places to see. I hope to go to both Thailand and China in January 2017. I have not made plans yet, but I am now mostly retired so nothing is stopping me from going. In fact, I'm going to Saint Thomas this January. I always wanted to travel and now I am doing it. 

Take care, nice to see you post.  Smiling
(10-04-2015, 10:42 PM)Tiamat Wrote: So, I can't remember, but I think I joined MTF in 2006.  Does that sound about right?  TM was there back there. And Oldy.

At least that, maybe earlier in fact. Seems I was still livin up in the hills in dial-up heaven on the MMT Forums. I left there in 2003.
Anyone going to see the president in Roseburg Friday? 
(10-05-2015, 05:46 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Anyone going to see the president in Roseburg Friday? 

It is my understanding that is no more welcome there than the Westboro Baptists.

I will BET, that he is SURROUNDED by protective GUNS.......
(10-05-2015, 05:46 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Anyone going to see the president in Roseburg Friday? 

I wouldn't go across the street.
(10-05-2015, 06:35 PM)Hugo Wrote:

It is my understanding that is no more welcome there than the Westboro Baptists.

Certainly not from the sheriff.   Laughing

https://kobi5.com/news/regional-news/pro...tion-2286/
(10-05-2015, 06:49 PM)Hugo Wrote:

You don't want to have him hear with his own ears how he will only take your guns out of your cold dead hands?  Razz
(10-05-2015, 07:33 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 06:49 PM)Hugo Wrote:

You don't want to have him hear with his own ears how he will only take your guns out of your cold dead hands?  Razz

I wouldn't cross the street to see Madonna.  I wouldn't cross the street to see Bruce Jenner, or any Kardachian.  All for the same reasons.
(10-05-2015, 07:31 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 06:35 PM)Hugo Wrote:

Certainly not from the sheriff.   Laughing

https://kobi5.com/news/regional-news/pro...tion-2286/

Are you really so dense as to not get the point?  I don't think so.

But the current talking points for the left is to vilify the Sheriff.

Carry on with your marching orders...

Thud.