Oregon Senators and gun RESTRICTIONS
Our Oregon senators are asking for discussions about gun RESTRICTIONS. I think this is a good thing, and while no one is talking about taking our guns away from us, a national dialog about some restrictions is the use of handguns seems to be appropriate and prudent given recent events. Couldn't hurt. 

NATION 

Ore. senators call for gun-control measures

PORTLAND — Oregon’s two U.S. senators are calling for tougher gun restrictions in the wake of a shooting at Umpqua Community College last week. Democratic Sens. Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkley spoke Thursday at the U.S. Capitol. They’re calling for mandatory background checks on all gun sales. Federal law requires background checks for sales through licensed gun dealers, but private person-to-person transactions are excluded. They also want to improve the database of people prohibited from owning firearms. And they want to make it a federal crime to purchase a gun on behalf of someone who’s prohibited from owning them.
So I guess you believe what you read? First, Oregon HAS mandatory background checks on ALL firearms transactions. Second you should look up the meaning of he terminology "straw buy" and report back to us. Then maybe you could go to the comment section of the article you posted and let them as well as your good senators how full of SHIT they are and how gullible you guys are to automatically believe what they spew. This country would be better off without those two representing us.
I'm calling for tougher restrictions on career asshole Senators
(10-09-2015, 01:06 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: So I guess you believe what you read? First, Oregon HAS mandatory background checks on ALL firearms transactions. Second you should look up the meaning of he terminology "straw buy" and report back to us. Then maybe you could go to the comment section of the article you posted and let them as well as your good senators how full of SHIT they are and how gullible you guys are to automatically believe what they spew. This country would be better off without those two representing us.

This is a pretty good example of the problems the Republicans are having in the House. They don't consider policy, but are simply against all things they have "feelings" about. Rant all you want at our Oregon senators. You will notice I didn't voice praise for them, but was encouraged they would be willing to engage in dialog in the senate to see if there might be a solution to what even you must see as a problem. 

How clever of you to say our senators are "full of shit". Eloquent to a fault. So much easier to say they are full o shit than to offer opinions about their performances. And to suggest "you guys" are gullible questions our ability to think rationally. You don't have the right to do that and it's offense. 
(10-09-2015, 05:49 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-09-2015, 01:06 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: So I guess you believe what you read? First, Oregon HAS mandatory background checks on ALL firearms transactions. Second you should look up the meaning of he terminology "straw buy" and report back to us. Then maybe you could go to the comment section of the article you posted and let them as well as your good senators how full of SHIT they are and how gullible you guys are to automatically believe what they spew. This country would be better off without those two representing us.

This is a pretty good example of the problems the Republicans are having in the House. They don't consider policy, but are simply against all things they have "feelings" about. Rant all you want at our Oregon senators. You will notice I didn't voice praise for them, but was encouraged they would be willing to engage in dialog in the senate to see if there might be a solution to what even you must see as a problem. 

How clever of you to say our senators are "full of shit". Eloquent to a fault. So much easier to say they are full o shit than to offer opinions about their performances. And to suggest "you guys" are gullible questions our ability to think rationally. You don't have the right to do that and it's offense. 
 What OL is saying that Oregon ALREADY has  mandatory background checks on all gun sales.

Plus the Roseburg shooter got his guns legally. As a matter of fact so did 8 out of the last 11 mass shooters.

So from where I sit it's just two politicians say what people want to hear.
(10-09-2015, 05:49 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Well, like always, you're as full of shit as your two senators. Straw buys, or buying a gun for someone that can't legally purchase or own one,'is already against federal law. When you fill out form 4473 it actually asks you if you are making a purchase for yourself or someone else. Of course if you are some liberal black gang banging obozo supporter like Dontray Mills you can walk away with a slap on the wrist after having 55 federal gun charges against you for using an illegal id to purchase weapons and then sell them illegally. 

The laws the dipshit senators say we should have already exist. You want "dialogue" then smart the fuck up so we can actually get somewhere. While you're at it tell your two senators to quit lying for once. I understand this doesn't fit the liberal mantra that you fucks think you voted for "intellectual" people to tell you want to think, but it is the reality of the situation. 

I have no need to question you and if you think rationally, it's obvious you guys don't. If you had the ability to think rationally you would have already researched this to its fullest and would know that the laws obozo and you dumbocrats want already exist. Both at the state and federal levels. How many people do you think have been arrested and charged with trying to purchase a gun illegally in Oregon this year?
You are right. They have no clue or any interest in finding it. They are happy with the daily dose of shit they are fed that is the "truth". Cause the media don't lie.
(10-09-2015, 11:25 PM)charger Wrote: You are right. They have no clue or any interest in finding it. They are happy with the daily dose of shit they are fed that is the "truth". Cause the media don't lie.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
"The Media": (usu. the media) [ treated as sing. or pl. ] the main means of mass communication (esp. television, radio, newspapers, and the Internet) regarded collectively: [ as modifier ] : the campaign won media attention.

Hey charger, you gotta get INFORMATION someplace. (Or does the NRA or Tea Party angel come in the wee hours of the night whispering in your ear? 

It's what you READ in the Media you Choose that matters. Yes the media does lie. And the media reports good accurate information. Your choice. 

So tell us: What to you read? 

But god knows "some of us "are happy with the daily dose of shit they are fed that is the "truth". You have no idea what I read. But I'm starting to get a fair idea of the things you DON'T read. 

Charge on.  Razz
(10-10-2015, 08:07 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-09-2015, 11:25 PM)charger Wrote: You are right. They have no clue or any interest in finding it. They are happy with the daily dose of shit they are fed that is the "truth". Cause the media don't lie.

"The Media": (usu. the media) [ treated as sing. or pl. ] the main means of mass communication (esp. television, radio, newspapers, and the Internet) regarded collectively: [ as modifier ] : the campaign won media attention.

Hey charger, you gotta get INFORMATION someplace. (Or does the NRA or Tea Party angel come in the wee hours of the night whispering in your ear? 

It's what you READ in the Media you Choose that matters. Yes the media does lie. And the media reports good accurate information. Your choice. 

But god knows "some of us "are happy with the daily dose of shit they are fed that is the "truth". You have no idea what I read. But I'm starting to get a fair idea of the things you DON'T read. 

Charge on.  Razz
Charger does not read. He watches Fox News. 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post...the-state/

Oregon Gov. Kate Brown signed a bill Monday expanding background checks for gun sales, changing the state’s law so that private gun sales will also require these checks.

The law has been praised by gun-control advocates and decried by opponents, which is what generally happens, but it still marks a relatively rare occurrence in the United States, where legislation tightening gun ownership or sales rarely becomes the law of the land.
Brown (D) told the Oregonian that when President Obama visited the state last week, she discussed the bill with him and told him that she intended to sign it.
Her office tweeted photos of her signing the bill Monday:

“This is a huge victory that will save lives in Oregon by keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and dangerous people who will no longer be able to exploit the vast ‘Internet loophole’ to buy guns for cash in back alleys without a Brady background check,” Dan Gross, president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said in a statement. “Lives will be saved as a result.”
The new law, known as the “Oregon Firearms Safety Act,” passed by the state legislature last week and headed to the governor’s desk. It sparked recall petitions and overcame considerable opposition, making it through the state House of Representatives by just four votes.
“This misguided legislation will make lawbreakers out of average citizens,” the Oregon Republican Party said in a statement outlining its opposition to the bill. “The government does not have authority to register firearm sales between private parties. As such, this law is unjust and will create a black market in private party firearm sales, making it harder for law enforcement to do its job in investigating firearms-related crimes.”
The Brady Campaign said in a report last year since the “Brady Law” requiring background checks went into effect two decades earlier, these checks had stopped the sale of more than 2 million guns to convicted felons, fugitives and others. However, the same report said that 40 percent of guns sold in the United States were purchased without any background check.

Charge on.  Razz

I notice you did not address the facts presented to you, that in fact, all of the things the Politicians are calling for are indeed already LAWS here in Oregon.  Would you like to have that dialogue/conversation, or not?
(10-10-2015, 09:15 AM)Hugo Wrote:

Charge on.  Razz

I notice you did not address the facts presented to you, that in fact, all of the things the Politicians are calling for are indeed already LAWS here in Oregon.  Would you like to have that dialogue/conversation, or not?

Uh, these are US Senators, as such they are advocating for federal laws. Oregon laws aren't really part of the equation.

Charge on.  Razz

Hugo, I made it clear in my post that I have NO IDEA what the solution is to these events where a lone gunman shoots up a crowd. 
And our Oregon senators are only tossing out options about ways to deal with this, but they know full well we can't accomplish anything "taking guns away from citizens", but only finding some ways of RESTRICTING SOME gun use. The dialog they are interested in is seeing if there are reasonable ways to restrict some gun availability to people who have demonstrated behavior that is anti-social. Or other reasonable options whatever they might be, if any. 
Because obviously, the laws to which you refer are not working. 
In the end, we may find that laws, restrictions, and all other law enforcement actions just won't work. 
Then what? 
Let's just accept that every month or so some nut job with a gun is going to kills a group of people? 
Sounds insane. 
I don't think this is what the framers of our constitution had in mind with the 2nd amendment. 

Until the liberal media tells them so it doesn't exist. 
(10-10-2015, 10:07 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Charge on.  Razz

Hugo, I made it clear in my post that I have NO IDEA what the solution is to these events where a lone gunman shoots up a crowd. 
And our Oregon senators are only tossing out options about ways to deal with this, but they know full well we can't accomplish anything "taking guns away from citizens", but only finding some ways of RESTRICTING SOME gun use. The dialog they are interested in is seeing if there are reasonable ways to restrict some gun availability to people who have demonstrated behavior that is anti-social. Or other reasonable options whatever they might be, if any. 
In the end, we may find that laws, restrictions, and all other law enforcement actions just won't work. 
Then what? 
Let's just accept that every month or so some nut job with a gun is going to kills a group of people? 
Sounds insane. 
I don't think this is what the framers of our constitution had in mind with the 2nd amendment. 
And your dumb ass still doesn't get it. We already know until some leftist nutbag politician or media outlet tells you those laws already exist at state and federal levels you will continue to lap up the diarrhea you are fed by leftist politicians. It's really a shame that someone like yourself can't muster up just a fraction of the energy you waste on here to do some research and find out that your leftist dipshit senators are full of shit, and then, heaven forbid, you let them know they are full of shit.
(10-10-2015, 10:49 AM)orygunluvr Wrote:

Charge on.  Razz

Then what? 
Sounds insane. 
And your dumb ass still doesn't get it. We already know until some leftist nutbag politician or media outlet tells you those laws already exist at state and federal levels you will continue to lap up the diarrhea you are fed by leftist politicians. It's really a shame that someone like yourself can't muster up just a fraction of the energy you waste on here to do some research and find out that your leftist dipshit senators are full of shit, and then, heaven forbid, you let them know they are full of shit.

Don't need your attitude. "Dumb ass"? 
Have a good life. 

Charge on.  Razz

In the end, we may find that laws, restrictions, and all other law enforcement actions just w(d)on't work. 

Then what?
Sounds insane. 

Then what?  Accept the insane?  The framers intent?

Easily answered.  I will start with the framers intent.  The framers intent was an armed society.
With that armed society, the recent murders in Roseburg would have been fewer, and THAT is the answer instead of accepting the MASS murders as inevitable.

I know you don't see this as a "reasonable" answer, but it is the true one, framed in the parameters you set in your final four lines above.
Hugo wrote,
《Then what?  Accept the insane?  The framers intent?

Easily answered.  I will start with the framers intent.  The framers intent was an armed society.
With that armed society, the recent murders in Roseburg would have been fewer, and THAT is the answer instead of accepting the MASS murders as inevitable.》

Did the framers refer to that armed society as a "well regulated militia?" If the intent was as suggested it would seem so.
(10-10-2015, 04:11 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: Hugo wrote,
《Then what?  Accept the insane?  The framers intent?

Easily answered.  I will start with the framers intent.  The framers intent was an armed society.
With that armed society, the recent murders in Roseburg would have been fewer, and THAT is the answer instead of accepting the MASS murders as inevitable.》

Did the framers refer to that armed society as a "well regulated militia?" If the intent was as suggested it would seem so.

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I stand by my statement.  The framers intent was an armed society.  And deep down inside, you KNOW it's true.  You don't WANT it to be true, and you want it repealed, but you know that it WAS their intent.
You assume much.