Bookstore Named Isis Vandalized-How Stupid is the Average American
Idiots Keep Vandalizing Bookstore That Has 'Isis' In The Name

It's an Egyptian goddess, people.

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — A Denver-area store called Isis Books & Gifts wants the world to know its name comes from the Egyptian goddess of healing and motherhood and it isn't run by terrorists.

Co-owner Jeff Harrison said Wednesday that the suburban Denver shop has been vandalized five times in the past year or so, probably by people who mistake the name for ISIS, one of the acronyms for the Islamic State terrorist group.

The latest vandalism came last weekend when a store sign was smashed after the terrorist attacks in Paris that killed 129 people.
The store sells books and gifts related to spirituality, religion and healing.

"Isis is the name of an Egyptian goddess, 3,500 years old at least, the goddess of women and healing and childbirth — basically the antithesis of everything the terrorists are about," he said.

Harrison suspects the vandals are "some ignorant people believing that somehow the terrorists have a store, a gift store, in the middle of Denver, Colorado."

The store has been around since 1980 under the Isis name. He and his wife, Karen, have owned it since 1997.
Harrison said he's heard from other businesses with "Isis" in their names, asking if they planned to change. He tells them no.

"For now, we are definitely sticking with the name," he said.

The store has not suffered from the name confusion.
"Business has been fine. Actually on the uptick," Harrison said.

See video here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/isis...745cefa0a0
After reading this I wonder who is really the idiot...... "For now, we are definitely sticking with the name," he said."
(11-26-2015, 03:19 PM)tvguy Wrote: After reading this I wonder who is really the idiot...... "For now, we are definitely sticking with the name," he said."

Why should he be moved by utter ignorance to change the name of his business. If we start going down that path, the ignorant will dictate how we all live. 
(11-26-2015, 03:48 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(11-26-2015, 03:19 PM)tvguy Wrote: After reading this I wonder who is really the idiot...... "For now, we are definitely sticking with the name," he said."

Why should he be moved by utter ignorance to change the name of his business. If we start going down that path, the ignorant will dictate how we all live. 
I agree!

So then you think the idiots forcing college administrators out of their jobs based on false racism claims are ignorant too?
(11-26-2015, 04:27 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:

So then you think the idiots forcing college administrators out of their jobs based on false racism claims are ignorant too?
WTF is wrong with you?!?!

Ok please,Is this guy a business owner or a politician? Is what he does about the vandalism REALLY going to change what path we go down? Besides Cletus. The ignorant already dictate a great deal of "how we live".
Most of the laws we have wouldn't be there if not for the ignorant.

Anyway if I was that business owner and I was vandalized FIVE times? I wouldn't be worrying about society giving in to the ignorant. I would be trying to stop my business from being vandalized.

(11-26-2015, 05:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Ok please,Is this guy a business owner or a politician? Is what he does about the vandalism REALLY going to change what path we go down? Besides Cletus. The ignorant already dictate a great deal of "how we live".

Anyway if I was that business owner and I was vandalized FIVE times? I wouldn't be worrying about society giving in to the ignorant. I would be trying to stop my business from being vandalized.

I doubt the business owner has an agenda. Letting the ignorant dictate how we live, was my comment. 

If I were him though, I would not change the name of my business because some stupid fools vandalized it. I like the fact that he is unwilling to be motivated by fools. If I were him I might install cameras and ask the police to help, but the hell with changing the name of my store. I might even buy a bigger sign.  Big Grin

I have to agree.  This is also why I believe the Washington Redskins should not be forced by over sensitive ignorance to change their name either.
(11-26-2015, 06:23 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

I have to agree.  This is also why I believe the Washington Redskins should not be forced by over sensitive ignorance to change their name either.

I'm not too sure one has anything whatsoever to do with the other.

Maybe it's not people upset with the name ISIS at all? Maybe it's people pissed off at low life scam artists who peddle this psychic BULLSHIT and take advantage of the weak minded just to make a buck?

I hope someone keeps trashing their sign.

[Image: 485x450xpage15.Isis-sign.11-26-485x450.j...5XQmFL.jpg]
(11-26-2015, 05:56 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(11-26-2015, 05:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I doubt the business owner has an agenda. Letting the ignorant dictate how we live, was my comment. 

If I were him though, I would not change the name of my business because some stupid fools vandalized it. I like the fact that he is unwilling to be motivated by fools. If I were him I might install cameras and ask the police to help, but the hell with changing the name of my store. I might even buy a bigger sign.  Big Grin

But you hate police
(11-26-2015, 06:27 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-26-2015, 06:23 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

I'm not too sure one has anything whatsoever to do with the other.
It not the same at all. The name Redskins refers to native Americans. The name Isis refers to the Egyptian goddess. There is no question of ethnic insensitivity with the bookstore. Its just plain stupidity. There is a question of racial insensitivity with the Redskin name. And I'm not discussing that totally different subject here.
(11-26-2015, 01:47 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Idiots Keep Vandalizing Bookstore That Has 'Isis' In The Name

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — A Denver-area store called Isis Books & Gifts wants the world to know its name comes from the Egyptian goddess of healing and motherhood and it isn't run by terrorists.

Co-owner Jeff Harrison said Wednesday that the suburban Denver shop has been vandalized five times in the past year or so, probably by people who mistake the name for ISIS, one of the acronyms for the Islamic State terrorist group.

The latest vandalism came last weekend when a store sign was smashed after the terrorist attacks in Paris that killed 129 people.

"Isis is the name of an Egyptian goddess, 3,500 years old at least, the goddess of women and healing and childbirth — basically the antithesis of everything the terrorists are about," he said.

Harrison suspects the vandals are "some ignorant people believing that somehow the terrorists have a store, a gift store, in the middle of Denver, Colorado."

The store has been around since 1980 under the Isis name. He and his wife, Karen, have owned it since 1997.
Harrison said he's heard from other businesses with "Isis" in their names, asking if they planned to change. He tells them no.

If the news media would use the same term at POTUS ,then we wouldn't have a problem . ISIL is what he refers to not ISIS.

Then the collective with a fourth grade reading level would have to find something else to vandalize .
[Image: 12247049_177819389231389_354048891631265...e=56ECC74A]
(11-26-2015, 09:05 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: [Image: 12247049_177819389231389_354048891631265...e=56ECC74A]

Well I'm a "liberal" and I SO hate to shatter ignorant stereotyping, painting with a broad brush and pigeon holing....Wait a tic, no I don't Laughing

Nothing up there makes me cry unless I was stupid enough to think Right wing Obama hating radical extremist Rush Limpdick loving gay hating bible thumping biased ignorant right wingers have the market cornered on the constitution or patriotism.

Things that DON'T make right wingers cry.....

That's right, there's nothing here. Because Right wing Obama hating radical extremist Rush Limpdick loving gay hating bible thumping biased ignorant right wingers whine and bitch and moan about EVERYTHING
(11-26-2015, 08:37 PM)oregon 67 Wrote:
(11-26-2015, 01:47 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Idiots Keep Vandalizing Bookstore That Has 'Isis' In The Name

If the news media would use the same term at POTUS ,then we wouldn't have a problem . ISIL is what he refers to not ISIS.

Then the collective with a fourth grade reading level would have to find something else to vandalize .
Excellent point, but those folks that are that stupid would, as you say be vandalizing business that had Isil letters in its name. Like Isil mini blinds.  Laughing
(11-26-2015, 09:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-26-2015, 09:05 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: [Image: 12247049_177819389231389_354048891631265...e=56ECC74A]

Well I'm a "liberal" and I SO hate to shatter ignorant stereotyping, painting with a broad brush and pigeon holing....Wait a tic, no I don't Laughing

Nothing up there makes me cry unless I was stupid enough to think Right wing Obama hating radical extremist Rush Limpdick loving gay hating bible thumping biased ignorant right wingers have the market cornered on the constitution or patriotism.

That's right, there's nothing here. Because Right wing Obama hating radical extremist Rush Limpdick loving gay hating bible thumping biased ignorant right wingers whine and bitch and moan about EVERYTHING
Damn that was good. 
(11-26-2015, 09:17 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(11-26-2015, 08:37 PM)oregon 67 Wrote:

Excellent point, but those folks that are that stupid would, as you say be vandalizing business that had Isil letters in its name. Like Isil mini blinds.  Laughing

Hey Clete did you notice in the article that other stores or businesses with ISIS in their name were not having problems? Maybe this is.. like I said.. More about the idiots pedaling Psychic reading.
(11-26-2015, 09:19 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(11-26-2015, 09:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Damn that was good. 

Aw shucks Embarrassed