Just the weather
Dull, I know.  But we have the record breaking weather....and I don't know if we have an active weather thread. Something like:  Damn, I am really achey today! Must be a storm coming in, or something.  Or....hell's bell, the trees are falling on my house!
No freeze, no snow, just the much needed rain. Perhaps a bit more than needed in some places, but it hasn't impacted my life much because I live on a mountain.  Smiling Well more like a mole hill, but they call it a mountain in these parts...
I'm ready for Spring.
(12-15-2015, 07:17 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I'm ready for Spring.

Stay ready. But...

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8King James Version (KJV)

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Me to, I think I am starting to understand the logic of snow birds*

* snow bird: :  one who travels to warm climates for the winter
(12-15-2015, 08:57 AM)GPnative Wrote:

yep! 
Arizona weather for January thru March is wonderful and the cactus are blooming. + Spring training... Smiling
(12-15-2015, 09:46 AM)bbqboy Wrote:

yep! 
Arizona weather for January thru March is wonderful and the cactus are blooming. + Spring training... Smiling

Funny because some old friends of mine who live in Arizona are moving here to the Rogue Valley in two weeks. Smiling
The night before last, when the big storm came through I happened to look in to the kitchen and I wondered why the floor was so shiney? Did the wife wax it? Turned on the light to look and it was cover with water.It was 3 am

So for The next hour and 15 minutes I was outside in the pouring rain digging and uncovering and unclogging the pipes I had installed to drain the water away from my house.
I had to pull up several of my pavers and on the side of my house my dog had basically built a dam that made the water back up to where it was going to flood my living room.
I didn't bother to use my rain gear and after a while I was actually sweating and not even cold. I actually went ahead and cleaned my gutters while I was out there LOL.
(12-15-2015, 03:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:

yep! 

Funny because some old friends of mine who live in Arizona are moving here to the Rogue Valley in two weeks. Smiling

And the answer is ................Weed.  Big Grin
(12-15-2015, 05:12 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

yep! 

And the answer is ................Weed.  Big Grin

That probably enters in to their decision because I know he buys his weed at a dispensary. And I've shown him pictures of my plants Razz
I think people don't realize that while some of us leave here for the south in the winter. The people who live south come up here to escape their brutal summers.

I have another friend who lives in Tuscon and he says in the summer everyone leaves and there is nothing to do. So he leaves also. He sells beef Jerky at gun shows LOL.

Does well. He bought a yacht a couple of years ago and keeps it in Washington.

yep! 

Well, AZ has about a Month of miserable cold. They should arrive just in time for 4 more months of it.
(12-15-2015, 08:11 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

yep! 

Well, AZ has about a Month of miserable cold. They should arrive just in time for 4 more months of it.

Well, they might bring some of that warm weather with them.

yep! 

There is rarely anything close to "miserable cold' in southern Oregon. The average daytime temperature for those four months is 55 degrees. You need some long Johns LOL

January and February, yeah cold. March somewhat, April can be pretty nice.

(12-16-2015, 11:54 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 08:57 AM)GPnative Wrote: Me to, I think I am starting to understand the logic of snow birds*

yep! 

There is rarely anything close to "miserable cold' in southern Oregon. The average daytime temperature for those four months is 55 degrees. You need some long Johns LOL

January and February, yeah cold. March somewhat, April can be pretty nice.

I think it depends on what you feel makes things miserable. I think people are fond of pointing out that mild climate doesn't qualify as "miserable".  For me? It's not the temperature. It's freezing fog. And some years, not all, we seem to get a lot of it. THAT is miserable to me.  Not cold alone.
(12-15-2015, 03:28 PM)tvguy Wrote: The night before last, when the big storm came through I happened to look in to the kitchen and I wondered why the floor was so shiney? Did the wife wax it? Turned on the light to look and it was cover with water.It was 3 am

So for The next hour and 15 minutes I was outside in the pouring rain digging and uncovering and unclogging the pipes I had installed to drain the water away from my house.
I had to pull up several of my pavers and on the side of my house my dog had basically built a dam that made the water back up to where it was going to flood my living room.
I didn't bother to use my rain gear and after a while I was actually sweating and not even cold. I actually went ahead and cleaned my gutters while I was out there LOL.

Reminds me of the time I inadvertently dumped about 5 gallons of water on the kitchen floor, if you think 5 gallons is not very much water, try dumping it out on a flat floor......what a freaking mess. Thank goodness for shop-vacs. I can still see the look on my wife's face when I yelled for her help and she came running into the kitchen, a perfect combo of "what the f*** happened and you idiot" Laughing
(12-16-2015, 12:49 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 03:28 PM)tvguy Wrote: The night before last, when the big storm came through I happened to look in to the kitchen and I wondered why the floor was so shiney? Did the wife wax it? Turned on the light to look and it was cover with water.It was 3 am

Reminds me of the time I inadvertently dumped about 5 gallons of water on the kitchen floor, if you think 5 gallons is not very much water, try dumping it out on a flat floor......what a freaking mess. Thank goodness for shop-vacs. I can still see the look on my wife's face when I yelled for her help and she came running into the kitchen, a perfect combo of "what the f*** happened and you idiot" Laughing

Laughing Laughing
It's the shortest day of the year. It's dark till just before 8 am the dark again around 4:30. I haven't looked at the actual sun ups land sun down times, but I know it's time to get the hell out of here. Rain on man!
(12-21-2015, 09:02 AM)cletus1 Wrote: It's the shortest day of the year. It's dark till just before 8 am the dark again around 4:30. I haven't looked at the actual sun ups land sun down times, but I know it's time to get the hell out of here. Rain on man!

Do I need to reset my clocks? Blink
(12-21-2015, 03:10 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 09:02 AM)cletus1 Wrote: It's the shortest day of the year. It's dark till just before 8 am the dark again around 4:30. I haven't looked at the actual sun ups land sun down times, but I know it's time to get the hell out of here. Rain on man!

Do I need to reset my clocks? Blink

set them ahead 12 hours.
Hey, every day will be a little longer now till June.