Spell Check
I'm sure (well, almost sure) that when I typed a misspelled word in the past it was flagged with a red underline. 

Not now. 

Just me? Do I need to change someting in settings? (Can't find it) 

(This feature works in other programs on my machine) 

Noww is the timme for a lll good menn to kome to the aid of the parie. 
I just tested it... it puts a red squiggly line under the misspelled word.
My PC spell check is working and my new supercool Asus tablet doesn't have the red squiggly lines, it automatically changes the word to its best guess. 
(01-21-2016, 03:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: I'm sure (well, almost sure) that when I typed a misspelled word in the past it was flagged with a red underline. 

Not now. 

Just me? Do I need to change someting in settings? (Can't find it) 

(This feature works in other programs on my machine) 

Noww is the timme for a lll good menn to kome to the aid of the parie. 

Just use Mozilla firefox for your browser.
Quote:(from Macbeth)

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and caldron bubble.
Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the caldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt and toe of frog,
Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg and howlet's wing,
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and caldron bubble.
Cool it with a baboon's blood,
Then the charm is firm and good.

Spell check didn't like caldron and howlet's
(01-21-2016, 03:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Just me? Do I need to change someting in settings? 

What's great is you managed to misspell a word in your OP about spelling.   Laughing Cool
(01-21-2016, 08:04 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 03:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Just me? Do I need to change someting in settings? 

What's great is you managed to misspell a word in your OP about spelling.   Laughing Cool

See BBQ, I NEED it!
And folks my spell check works fine in my browser, mail app, and all places except here at the good 'ol RVF. 
I think TVg sneaked a virus through the wires when I was asleep. 
Whatever. I'll have to learn to spell. Like hell...too late for that TOO!
Right click and re-check, check spelling.
(01-22-2016, 11:42 AM)Willie Krash Wrote: Right click and re-check, check spelling.

Nowe is the timeee for all...

Nope. Didn't work. But thanks. 
(01-22-2016, 08:45 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-22-2016, 11:42 AM)Willie Krash Wrote: Right click and re-check, check spelling.

What browser are you using?
(01-23-2016, 08:05 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(01-22-2016, 08:45 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

What browser are you using?

I have a MACBOOK-PRO and so I use Safari. However, I've used other browsers (Firefox and Bing) on the machine. As I mentioed in  previous post it's not a broswer problem because my spell-check works on all other platforms. 
Whatever....I can live with it. Just a curious thing. Maybe when I have time I'll reinstall RVF and see if it picks up this feature again. This should be my biggest problem! 
will you become wonky4 once you do that, because I'll bet you won't be able to sign in. Do you have something against chrome?
(01-23-2016, 10:13 AM)bbqboy Wrote: will you become wonky4 once you do that, because I'll bet you won't be able to sign in. Do you have something against chrome?

Yeah, in time I'll be Wonky 101.  Embarrassed

No, I like chrome, but Apple machines are kind of weird in that many programs are automatically tired together (for instance if I include you and your birthdate in my contacts program it shows up in my calendar). To some extent that can still work if I use other browsers but things tend to work best if I use Apple's Safari. 

And this spell check thing just started after having used Safari for a long time. I'll find the fix when I work up the energy for it. Kind of academic really: I make so many typos that spell check can't catch that I might as well just wail away and let the chips fall. 
I wonder if witches, have spell checkers?
(04-05-2016, 10:13 PM)chuck white Wrote: I wonder if witches, have spell checkers?

Big Grin