If Ya Got Nothin' Better To Do...
You might consider bringing up "Longform.org" (but without the quotes) and finding the Playboy interview with George Carlin in 1982. 
I (like the rest of the world) thought Carlin was funny, bright, insightful, prophetic, and more. Then, (IMHO) in later life he got too full of himself and was real preachy and kind of cynical. 
This is a really great look at the Carlin we like to remember...At least who I like to remember. 

PS: And remember how great so many of the Playboy interviews were! You will see here (at Longform) that we can buy books the interviews. (Amazon and B&N for instance) 

PS: Another feature I like at Longform is "Instapaper". If you havn't seen it it might be worth a look.
Never was a Carlin fan. You're right in the end he went all Lenny Bruce.
(05-16-2016, 09:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: You might consider bringing up "Longform.org" (but without the quotes) and finding the Playboy interview with George Carlin in 1982. 
I (like the rest of the world) thought Carlin was funny, bright, insightful, prophetic, and more. Then, (IMHO) in later life he got too full of himself and was real preachy and kind of cynical. 
This is a really great look at the Carlin we like to remember...At least who I like to remember. 

PS: And remember how great so many of the Playboy interviews were! You will see here (at Longform) that we can buy books the interviews. (Amazon and B&N for instance) 

PS: Another feature I like at Longform is "Instapaper". If you havn't seen it it might be worth a look.

in later life he got too full of himself and was real preachy and kind of cynical.

YEP,And very RIGHT wingish.
More off topic:

Letter to the editor of The Oregonian"

I can certainly see walls going up if Donald Trump becomes president. Canada will build one to keep out the swarm of U.S. refugees fleeing the insanity.

Eric Duffy, Salem
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...fairs.html

Here is a book for you Wonky. That you would NEVER read....
(06-10-2016, 08:43 AM)Hugo Wrote: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...fairs.html

Here is a book for you Wonky.  That you would NEVER read....

Why would anyone read this crap?!?!  Blink

Quote:EXCLUSIVE: Bill Clinton’s lover - before and AFTER his marriage - tells how 'lumpy' Hillary with her 'fat ankles and hair on her toes' schemed to get her to LIE on 60 Minutes about Bill's other affairs
(06-10-2016, 08:49 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 08:43 AM)Hugo Wrote: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...fairs.html

Here is a book for you Wonky.  That you would NEVER read....

Why would anyone read this crap?!?!  Blink

Quote:EXCLUSIVE: Bill Clinton’s lover - before and AFTER his marriage - tells how 'lumpy' Hillary with her 'fat ankles and hair on her toes' schemed to get her to LIE on 60 Minutes about Bill's other affairs
Didn't even want to THAT much.
Easier to just ignore what you don't like. Regardless of facts.
I don't give a flying frig who has "fat ankles and hair on her toes".
When something starts like that?  It loses any bit of worth it may have ever actually had.
(06-10-2016, 10:21 AM)Hugo Wrote: Easier to just ignore what you don't like.  Regardless of facts.

Facts? Yeah from the Dailymail a POS TABLOID?

You post Tabloid TRASH and want to berate those who don't ? I bet you love the National Inquirer also.
(06-10-2016, 12:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 10:21 AM)Hugo Wrote: Easier to just ignore what you don't like.  Regardless of facts.

You post Tabloid TRASH and want to berate those who don't ? I bet you love the National Inquirer also.

You mean they didn't find a real bat boy living in a cave.  Unsure
(06-10-2016, 12:15 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 12:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:

You mean they didn't find a real bat boy living in a cave.  Unsure

Laughing
(06-10-2016, 11:20 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I don't give a flying frig who has "fat ankles and hair on her toes".
When something starts like that?  It loses any bit of worth it may have ever actually had.

Not only that, but who cares about all that old crap? Here it is in a nut shell: Bill Clinton had affairs and Hillary minimized the sordid details. Big Fucking Deal!
I'm a little late to post a response. I'm still processing the fact that Hugo is right for once.    Confused   He's found a book I'll never read.
(06-10-2016, 12:20 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 11:20 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I don't give a flying frig who has "fat ankles and hair on her toes".

Not only that, but who cares about all that old crap? Here it is in a nut shell: Bill Clinton had affairs and Hillary minimized the sordid details. Big Fucking Deal!

Well I care at least a ltttle bit. 
The President had "some kind of sexual interaction" (?) with an INTERN! Now, had he had sex with a female senator, wife of an ambassador, a hooker, or anyone equal in rank and privilege I'd say it was just Biill being bill. God knows he would not be the first president to screw around. 
But when when send our young people as unpaid interns into government or industry, we had a duty to not only teach and guide them but to PROTECT them. 
Bill Clinton has a history of sexual involvement with young women of "lower rank", who can be seduced by power and status. 
That said, I think the man was an effective and able administrator who did all he could to reach across party lines to accomplish the things his admiinstration felt important. 

But I will never forget, or forgive, his despicable conduct while in office and I hope that if Hillary Clinton is elected she will keep him in his NY office and not let him even visit the White House.
(06-10-2016, 01:00 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

The President had "some kind of sexual interaction" (?) with an INTERN! Now, had he had sex with a female senator, wife of an ambassador, a hooker, or anyone equal in rank and privilege I'd say it was just Biill being bill. God knows he would not be the first president to screw around. 
But when when send our young people as unpaid interns into government or industry, we had a duty to not only teach and guide them but to PROTECT them. 
Bill Clinton has a history of sexual involvement with young women of "lower rank", who can be seduced by power and status. 
That said, I think the man was an effective and able administrator who did all he could to reach across party lines to accomplish the things his admiinstration felt important. 

But I will never forget, or forgive, his despicable conduct while in office and I hope that if Hillary Clinton is elected she will keep him in his NY office and not let him even visit the White House.
Our young interns? You make it sounds like she was 16 and he was a pedophile.
She was an adult. She knew exactly what she was doing.

Posted via Tapatalk
(06-10-2016, 01:04 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Our young interns?  You make it sounds like she was 16 and he was a pedophile.
She was an adult.  She knew exactly what she was doing.

Posted via Tapatalk

That's exact right.   Lewinsky was an adult who had NINE sexual encounters with Clinton.. She SAVED the dress with sperm for Pete's sake.. She knew EXACTLY what she was doing.

She has made millions of dollars off these WILLING acts of sex worth Bill Clinton.

She is no victim any more than prostitutes are victims.She made herself a celebrity and a shitload of money.

"Life after the scandal

The affair led to pop culture celebrity for Lewinsky as she had become the focus of a political storm.[27] Her immunity agreement restricted what she could talk about publicly, but she was able to cooperate with Andrew Morton in his writing of Monica's Story, a biography of her life including her side of the Clinton affair.[28][29] The book was published in March 1999 and also was excerpted as a cover story in Time magazine.[28][29] On March 3, 1999, Lewinsky was interviewed by Barbara Walters on ABC's 20/20. The program was watched by 70 million Americans, which ABC said was a record for a news show.[28] Lewinsky made about $500,000 from her participation in the book and another $1 million from international rights to the Walters interview, but was still beset by high legal bills and living costs.[30]"
(06-10-2016, 03:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Posted via Tapatalk

That's exact right.   Lewinsky was an adult who had NINE sexual encounters with Clinton.. She SAVED the dress with sperm for Pete's sake.. She knew EXACTLY what she was doing.

She has made millions of dollars off these WILLING acts of sex worth Bill Clinton.

She is no victim any more than prostitutes are victims.She made herself a celebrity and a shitload of money.

"Life after the scandal

The affair led to pop culture celebrity for Lewinsky as she had become the focus of a political storm.[27] Her immunity agreement restricted what she could talk about publicly, but she was able to cooperate with Andrew Morton in his writing of Monica's Story, a biography of her life including her side of the Clinton affair.[28][29] The book was published in March 1999 and also was excerpted as a cover story in Time magazine.[28][29] On March 3, 1999, Lewinsky was interviewed by Barbara Walters on ABC's 20/20. The program was watched by 70 million Americans, which ABC said was a record for a news show.[28] Lewinsky made about $500,000 from her participation in the book and another $1 million from international rights to the Walters interview, but was still beset by high legal bills and living costs.[30]"
Good point, from you both.
But...
I wanted to make a point about THE PRESIDENT'S behavior. No matter what kind of scum-bag tramp she might have been (was) does not change the facts. We have an obligation to protect our interns. If they should happen to be low class young folks with no moral compass, it changes nothing. (Send them back home) 
My granddaughter was for a time an intern for an NGO in Cairo, Egypt and we had to trust the men she reported to. We sent her with faith in the system that she would receive valuable training. She did, but if her conduct had been inappropriate it would have been the responsiblity of those in charge to deal with her withoug becoming involved in her bad behavior. 

So stone Lewinsky if you want...I don't have a problem with that. But the presidents conduct was over the top bad and he should live with that shame for the rest of his life.
(06-10-2016, 07:32 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 03:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-10-2016, 12:20 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Not only that, but who cares about all that old crap? Here it is in a nut shell: Bill Clinton had affairs and Hillary minimized the sordid details. Big Fucking Deal!

Posted via Tapatalk

"Life after the scandal

Good point, from you both.
But...
I wanted to make a point about THE PRESIDENT'S behavior. No matter what kind of scum-bag tramp she might have been (was) does not change the facts. We have an obligation to protect our interns. If they should happen to be low class young folks with no moral compass, it changes nothing. (Send them back home) 
My granddaughter was for a time an intern for an NGO in Cairo, Egypt and we had to trust the men she reported to. We sent her with faith in the system that she would receive valuable training. She did, but if her conduct had been inappropriate it would have been the responsiblity of those in charge to deal with her withoug becoming involved in her bad behavior. 

So stone Lewinsky if you want...I don't have a problem with that. But the presidents conduct was over the top bad and he should live with that shame for the rest of his life.

I can't believe you are falling for this and are willing to rehash this old shit. If people are so stupid to want to talk about Bill Clinton's affairs instead of the more important issues, that you Wonk constantly implore us to focus on, than just hand Trump the presidency right now.
Let's talk about tRump expressing the desire to pork his daughter, or his 4 marriages. Only an unaware narcissistic ogre could fail to see that his lack of morality will be a prime target.