Join The Resistance
(02-16-2017, 08:34 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(02-16-2017, 06:46 AM)Hugo Wrote: Amazing how stupid people are to confuse "immigrant" with "illegal immigrant".

Much ado about nothing. Enjoy your "resistance".

"Right On", as we said 30 years ago. 
Even more, I balk at the term "undocumented". Well of course one is "undocumented" if they sneak across an international border and live in a country other than the one in which they were born. Rule Of Law is what separates us  from the lesser primates. 

But, as to "resistance": I think it's a word (fast becoming a term) that has a lot more meaning than problems with immigration. A lot of us look at Mr. Trump and see a man unqualified to lead a country and feel real concern that he will bumble and stumble to the point of destroying our democratic institutions as we know them. 

Watching and listening to his first month in office only make me feel more certain of this. 

So, I'll "resist", by whatever legal and socially acceptable means, the utter ignorance this president has so far demonstrated and watch closely his attempts to change policy and laws that might take us back to the 19th century.

Bingo, exactly.. Big Grin
[Image: immigrants-strike.png]

Hey Wonky.. "don't go to work" and all the rest sounds like EVERY day for me LOL

Who knew I was part of the resistance. I'm going to get me a beret Laughing
(02-16-2017, 01:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-16-2017, 06:46 AM)Hugo Wrote: Amazing how stupid people are to confuse "immigrant" with "illegal immigrant".

Even more, I balk at the term "undocumented". Well of course one is "undocumented" if they sneak across an international border and live in a country other than the one in which they were born. Rule Of Law is what separates us  from the lesser primates. 

But, as to "resistance": I think it's a word (fast becoming a term) that has a lot more meaning than problems with immigration. A lot of us look at Mr. Trump and see a man unqualified to lead a country and feel real concern that he will bumble and stumble to the point of destroying our democratic institutions as we know them. 

Watching and listening to his first month in office only make me feel more certain of this. 

So, I'll "resist", by whatever legal and socially acceptable means, the utter ignorance this president has so far demonstrated and watch closely his attempts to change policy and laws that might take us back to the 19th century.

19th century?? Please explain which laws and policy you are referring to?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Back to the 19th century? You mean like obozo and kkkillary did to Syria and Libya? Oh, they didn't send them back to the 19th century, they bombed them back to the 3rd century.

So, we are going back to calling them wet backs?
(02-17-2017, 06:26 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Lets just combine the old with the new PC and call then undocumented wetbacks. Razz
(02-17-2017, 02:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Lets just combine the old with the new PC and call then undocumented wetbacks. Razz

Smiling Good to know there is both new and old PC. I swear, there are times when I don't know how to slip in between the two. I guess all we can do it try. 

I'll never come to terms with the whole "immigration thing". I have nothing but empathy for folks who were born in the wrong place, dealing with death, disease, poverty and no HBO. But damn...we can't take them ALL. 

So, now in the autumn of my life I leave it up to you guys. You, and president Trump.  Surprised
(02-17-2017, 09:42 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(02-16-2017, 08:34 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: "Right On", as we said 30 years ago. 

Smiling Good to know there is both new and old PC. I swear, there are times when I don't know how to slip in between the two. I guess all we can do it try. 

I'll never come to terms with the whole "immigration thing". I have nothing but empathy for folks who were born in the wrong place, dealing with death, disease, poverty and no HBO. But damn...we can't take them ALL. 

So, now in the autumn of my life I leave it up to you guys. You, and president Trump.  Surprised

I wonder if they'll be called 'wall climbers' in the future?
(02-17-2017, 10:25 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(02-16-2017, 01:11 PM)tvguy Wrote: Bingo, exactly.. Big Grin

Who cares? "The issue" is what is important. Someday, somehow, someway, it will have to be resolved. 

Personally I think the E-Verify system is the best way to deal with this. Not sure why so many of my liberal friends oppose it.
(02-18-2017, 03:40 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 06:26 AM)chuck white Wrote: So, we are going back to calling them wet backs?

Who cares? "The issue" is what is important. Someday, somehow, someway, it will have to be resolved. 

Personally I think the E-Verify system is the best way to deal with this. Not sure why so many of my liberal friends oppose it.
They didn't oppose it when bush was president but it wasn't able to be implemented because of clinton and his immigration reform that made it ILLEGAL to fire someone based on citizenship status. That didn't get changed until April 2007.
(02-18-2017, 05:14 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 03:40 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 02:54 PM)tvguy Wrote: Lets just combine the old with the new PC and call then undocumented wetbacks. Razz

They didn't oppose it when bush was president but it wasn't able to be implemented because of clinton and his immigration reform that made it ILLEGAL to fire someone based on citizenship status. That didn't get changed until April 2007.
The "Private Employer Verification Act" (S.B. 251) was signed into law on 31 March 2010. It requires all private employers who employ more than 15 or more employees as of 1 July 2010, to use a "status verification system" to verify the employment eligibility of new employees, though it does not mandate use of E-Verify.

...And there is the problem. 
Hey Republicans tell me why you don't want to see Trumps tax returns. No other issues, no Hillary this and Obama that, just a straight up answer please.
(02-18-2017, 08:31 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Hey Republicans tell me why you don't want to see Trumps tax returns. No other issues, no Hillary this and Obama that, just a straight up answer please.

This president had demonstrated more arrogance in the first weeks of office than even our worst presidents did in full terms. 

And his refusal to reveal his tax returns is one of his most arrogant actions. 

And, I'd bet this same arrogance will cause his fall. For the sake of our country, I hope it's sooner than later.
(02-18-2017, 08:31 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Hey Republicans tell me why you don't want to see Trumps tax returns. No other issues, no Hillary this and Obama that, just a straight up answer please.

I am not a republican, but will answer, I just don't care, its of zero interest to me. If I was in public office I wouldn't release mine either, fuck all these nosy asses wanting to nit pick the I's and T's. Its between the filer and the irs, no one else.

At this point, what difference does it make
(02-19-2017, 06:15 PM)GPnative Wrote:

I am not a republican, but will answer, I just don't care, its of zero interest to me. If I was in public office I wouldn't release mine either, fuck all these nosy asses wanting to nit pick the I's and T's. Its between the filer and the irs, no one else.

Simply wanting to see Trumps taxes is by no means nit picking. That fact that he won't should be suspicious since just about every other president has.
But then it's obvious the more people like or worship who is in office the less they care about what ever they do.

I remember all the ignorant crap about Obama and his Birth certificate. The right hounded him when he released it and even after the long form was produced a lot of IDIOTS continued with their ridiculous theory that Obama was not born in the USA.

And one of those IDIOTS is Donald Trump. So why was it OK for Trump to go after Obama to Prove Obama was an American citizen but it's not OK for anyone to want Trump to prove he pays taxes like the rest of us?
(02-15-2017, 03:18 PM)Valuesize Wrote: [Image: immigrants-strike.png]

A number of industry members found themselves in a nightmare last week because of A Day Without Immigrants, a nationwide strike and business boycott intended to demonstrate immigrants’ importance to the economy. Among the demonstrators were the employees of hundreds of restaurants, many of which were supportive of their staff’s participation. They closed down to help the cause, a pro-staff move that seemed beyond reproach.
But La Parilla in Watkinson, Ga., learned differently. Some patrons hoping to get dinner that day were infuriated to find a sign saying the restaurant had closed in observance of the day. Rather than admiring the restaurant’s solidarity with its staff, they desecrated the notice with ethnic slurs and a swastika, according to local press reports. One scrawled-on post read, “You just got your last peso from me.”
When news spread of the backlash, another wave of customers turned out because of the controversy, but this batch left notes of support for La Parilla.
Meanwhile, reports from across the nation told of restaurants firing employees who didn’t show for work because of the day-long demonstration.

http://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/...652#page=2
When all the restaurants have to hire the meth addicted white kids of the Trump voters after they expunge all the Hispanic dish washers and prep cooks, will they finally be happy?
(02-26-2017, 03:13 PM)bbqboy Wrote: When all the restaurants have to hire the meth  addicted white kids of the Trump voters after they expunge all the Hispanic dish washers and prep cooks, will they finally be happy?

The world has we know it, is going to end.
(02-26-2017, 03:34 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(02-26-2017, 03:13 PM)bbqboy Wrote: When all the restaurants have to hire the meth  addicted white kids of the Trump voters after they expunge all the Hispanic dish washers and prep cooks, will they finally be happy?

The world has we know it, is going to end.
Yep. But odds are most of us will end before the planet cools. 

The trick is to keep things in order until it happens. 

And 90% of getting things done is simply showing up.