Join The Resistance
Don't know exactly what bullshit you're referring to about the alt right. All I know is that a group claims they are the alt right. Nobody has disagreed with them as far as I know. Who am I to say they're not??
(03-11-2017, 09:53 PM)Hugo Wrote: Cracks me up. You accept the "alt-right" bullshit you are fed while denying the "alt-left" even exists.

It really must stink to have your head that far up your ass.

Not sure who you are addressing but IMO the far left is no worse than the far right as far as how loopy they are.

And it always has troubled me that so many on the left are anti gun and even anti American but I just figure that LEFT is just a word and there is no word that defines everyone.
[Image: 17309483_1298454386870102_53954175913973...e=5929354C]
(03-14-2017, 08:47 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: [Image: 17309483_1298454386870102_53954175913973...e=5929354C]

You're liberalphobic, you know that, right?
So, this is one of the leaders of your "resistance"?  Sounds an awful lot like treason to me....

Well it certainly was over the top on the drama, but I didn't hear him say anything treasonous. Certainly not compared to what YOUR POS Traitor in Chief is DOING.  Laughing
(05-12-2017, 04:13 PM)Hugo Wrote: So, this is one of the leaders of your "resistance"?  Sounds an awful lot like treason to me....

Ya gotta love free speech!

Brilliant rant! Try expressing THAT in a tweet!  Crying
(05-12-2017, 04:13 PM)Hugo Wrote: So, this is one of the leaders of your "resistance"?  Sounds an awful lot like treason to me....

"Your" resistance eh?
(05-13-2017, 12:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:

"Your" resistance eh?

And you think that's "off the wall"? 

At least it was coherent 

Now this...

[video=youtube]http:/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFnPSbaq4xI[/video]
[Image: 0b2e8291fd484f044cd5bec3d70c9c16.jpg]
(05-17-2017, 09:53 PM)Valuesize Wrote: [Image: 0b2e8291fd484f044cd5bec3d70c9c16.jpg]

Perhaps.
But I'm not so sure Andy Borowitz should be allowed to roam among us.  Laughing.
Lock him up.
(07-05-2017, 11:03 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

I wonder just how much "resistance" is required? The president and the congress are daily displaying the truth of this administration and government. 
Maybe it's time for those who feel a more "progressive" (whatever that means these days) government and society get off their (our) duffs and get active in supporting the more local people who will in time take charge of our institutions.
(07-05-2017, 12:01 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-05-2017, 11:03 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

I wonder just how much "resistance" is required? The president and the congress are daily displaying the truth of this administration and government. 
Maybe it's time for those who feel a more "progressive" (whatever that means these days) government and society get off their (our) duffs and get active in supporting the more local people who will in time take charge of our institutions.
http://www.kvoa.com/story/35826190/prote...son-office

Quote:Protester: You know how liberals are going to solve the Republican problem?

Staffer: No.

Protester: They are going to get better aim.  That last guy tried, but he needed better aim.  We will get better aim.

Another Valuesize... Laughing Arrested for being a moron.
(07-06-2017, 12:08 PM)Hugo Wrote: http://www.kvoa.com/story/35826190/prote...son-office

Quote:Protester: You know how liberals are going to solve the Republican problem?

Protester: They are going to get better aim.  That last guy tried, but he needed better aim.  We will get better aim.

More fake news. More proof you are an idiot.  Laughing

Deputies told a 59-year-old Mark Prichard -- who allegedly made the comments -- that he was not allowed back onto the property, then stepped back onto property and was arrested, facing charges of third degree criminal trespass, a class 1 misdemeanor.

Later, 70-year-old Patrick Diehl allegedly tried to force his way into the office and was arrested for third degree criminal trespass.
Both men were booked into Pima County Jail.
Deputies were not able to establish probably cause of a threat based on Prichard's comments. According to Flake's office, the exchange went like this:
Quote:Prichard: You know how liberals are going to solve the Republican problem?
Staffer:  No.
Him: They are going to get better aim.  That last guy tried, but he needed better aim.  We will get better aim.

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/dep...ke-protest
Come on Larry, be a man. You can admit you're embarrassed about posting fake news.  Razz
(07-07-2017, 12:04 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Come on Larry, be a man. You can admit you're embarrassed about posting fake news.  Razz

Life is a bitch, ain't it? Larry posts "Fake News"? (Can't remember when the term started). Larry has long held views opposed to "liberal", (get it without working) ideals. I think I remember him saying here some time ago he thought of himself more as a Libertarian than conservative. So, he posts stuff that supports the values he subscribes to. Most of us do. 
But facts and sources do matter. I just wonder if we can think of sources not recognized by traditional authority as "fake news"? Personally I don't read and process the kind of stuff Hugo presents as good information, but then I have very different political and social views that Hugo. Personally, I think of news often described as "fake" as just information coming from sources who are intent on providing opposing views no matter the complete details and sources. 
So the great "sift" will continue. At some point we will all have to decide how we define legitimate, well sourced, and reliable information we can use to make decisions. 
Until then, I'll balk a bit a "Fake News", when Larry uses it, or when I use it. (I hope not to). 
George Orwell was prophetic to a fault in "1984" and we are living his fiction. We are tasked with a serious challenge in this new "information age" and how we sort our understanding of "news" is going to be critical. 

I hope we all share the opinion that in the end the truth is important, and truth is not a "concept" but a definition with a rigid meaning. 

We have been struggling with this since the King posted bulletins on "The Post" in the town square. (maybe long before). We now are blessed with tools to track and verify news and information. Good citizenship requires we apply all the skill and ability we have to sort out the information we can verify and depend on no matter how it squares with our personal attitudes and beliefs.
(07-06-2017, 12:36 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(07-06-2017, 12:08 PM)Hugo Wrote: http://www.kvoa.com/story/35826190/prote...son-office

More fake news. More proof you are an idiot.  Laughing

Deputies told a 59-year-old Mark Prichard -- who allegedly made the comments -- that he was not allowed back onto the property, then stepped back onto property and was arrested, facing charges of third degree criminal trespass, a class 1 misdemeanor.

Later, 70-year-old Patrick Diehl allegedly tried to force his way into the office and was arrested for third degree criminal trespass.
Both men were booked into Pima County Jail.
Deputies were not able to establish probably cause of a threat based on Prichard's comments. According to Flake's office, the exchange went like this:
Quote:Prichard: You know how liberals are going to solve the Republican problem?
Staffer:  No.
Him: They are going to get better aim.  That last guy tried, but he needed better aim.  We will get better aim.

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/dep...ke-protest

??  What the fuck is "fake" about it?

Deputies were initially not able to establish probably cause of a threat based on Prichard's comments.  (Looks like you left a word out of yours?)

After review, PCSD added a charge of threat and intimidation to Prichard's booking. Here is a statement from the department:
Quote:Upon further review of the evidence and statements made by Mark Prichard to the staff at Sen Flake’s office, he has also been charged with Threats and Intimidation (Class 1 Misdemeanor) on top of the 3rd Degree Criminal Trespass charge.
Again I ask you:  What the fuck is "fake" about a goddamn thing that I posted here?

And Wonky, maybe you should READ the fucking content before you jump on a bandwagon calling me a liar.