AG Sessions's Senate Testimony
Democratic senators repeatedly badgered AG Sessions about his private conversations with the president. 

Beyond stupid!

Mr. Sessions repeatedly refused to discuss his conversations with Mr. Trump about the Russia investigation or Mr. Comey’s firing beyond what was in his recommendation memo about ousting Mr. Comey, which the White House released. Democratic senators reacted angrily, noting that Mr. Trump had not invoked executive privilege to bar such testimony. Mr. Sessions argued that it was a longstanding practice not to disclose confidential conversations with the president that would potentially be subject to executive privilege, but several senators said that was not a legal basis to refuse to answer their questions.

Of course members of the cabinet and others close to the president should be allowed private conversations. It's impossible to imagine how any CEO could operate knowing his private conversations might become public. (Okay...should a president tell an adviser he plans on bombing Canada the following morning, that might be an exception to the rule) 

Wasted time. We need SOME KIND of health care bill. And infrastructure. And a tax plan. Immigration reform. A reasonable energy policy....and more. 

The FBI is investigating the "Russian thing"...let them do their job and report. 

The Senate should get back to work. 
[Image: b284628752d40a393ee4c266d2becdb8.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(06-13-2017, 04:59 PM)Scrapper Wrote: [Image: b284628752d40a393ee4c266d2becdb8.jpg]

Try drinking less.
(06-13-2017, 05:09 PM)GPnative Wrote: Try drinking less.
Because I know you don't care.....

25 Times Jeff Sessions Had a Convenient Memory Lapse While Testifying

"I don't recall" was the attorney general's refrain in his Senate Intelligence Committee hearing Tuesday.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/fea...ng-w487894
(06-13-2017, 07:13 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

"I don't recall" was the attorney general's refrain in his Senate Intelligence Committee hearing Tuesday.

Every single question he was asked that was already in the public view, he answered. Every single question that was private and not public record (between himself and the President) he CORRECTLY reminded the committee that was privileged information that he was not at liberty to discuss.

This is the reality of that level of office.  Several members of the committee PURPOSELY asked such questions, to get it in the record and ON TV, so that the duped sheep would react as you have.

Laughing
(06-13-2017, 08:29 PM)Hugo Wrote:

Every single question he was asked that was already in the public view, he answered. Every single question that was private and not public record (between himself and the President) he CORRECTLY reminded the committee that was privileged information that he was not at liberty to discuss.

Twist away. I'm completely aware of the above point and have no problem with his stance.

This is the reality of that level of office.  Several members of the committee PURPOSELY asked such questions, to get it in the record and ON TV,  so that the duped sheep would react as you have.

A lot of the dems, like all politicians, like hearing themselves talk. The "I don't recall" was given to completely different questions, but you knew that or you're easily duped self lapped up all the orange kool-aid you can hold.

Laughing

lol right back at you!

As a Centrist I saw nothing of importance gleaned from this waste of time today except that we need more moderate voices to step up and stop all this embarrassing, childish behavior coming from both sides.
(06-13-2017, 09:15 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(06-13-2017, 08:29 PM)Hugo Wrote:

Twist away. I'm completely aware of the above point and have no problem with his stance.

This is the reality of that level of office.  Several members of the committee PURPOSELY asked such questions, to get it in the record and ON TV,  so that the duped sheep would react as you have.

A lot of the dems, like all politicians, like hearing themselves talk. The "I don't recall" was given to completely different questions, but you knew that or you're easily duped self lapped up all the orange kool-aid you can hold.

Laughing

lol right back at you!

As a Centrist I saw nothing of importance gleaned from this waste of time today except that we need more moderate voices to step up and stop all this embarrassing, childish behavior coming from both sides.

Well said, VS. 
But...
Moderation is in short supply. In the Senate, and here at the good old RVF. 
This is more like the shoot out at the OK coral than a place set aside for discussion. 
Fake news? Deep State? 
Bernie Sanders is going to save us? 
Coal fired power plants are a good thing?
Stop using fossil fuel RIGHT NOW? 
All cops shoot first and ask later?
All Blacks are thugs? 
Nobody should be allowed to own guns?
We should not be outraged by children shot in school rooms?

Were there is no vision the people perish. It's from Proverbs in the Old Testament. I'm an atheist but I believe it with every fiber of my being. 

The Buddha teaches us to find our center. I'm no fan of the Buddha either, but he was on to something. When we hang out on the fringes bad things drag us into the dark. 

Hang in there VS. In time, we come back to the center. If not, we perish.
(06-13-2017, 05:09 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(06-13-2017, 04:59 PM)Scrapper Wrote: [Image: b284628752d40a393ee4c266d2becdb8.jpg]

Try drinking less.

ROFLMAO.

Post of the year.
(06-14-2017, 07:03 AM)SFLiberal Wrote:

Try drinking less.

ROFLMAO.

Post of the year.

So, simply ignore it.

Try drinking less.

So, is that why Sessions can't recall anything? He needs to drink less?  It would be interesting to see how many times he said "I can't recall" yesterday.  I can say that it was too fucking many times!  Rolling Eyes
(06-14-2017, 09:44 AM)Scrapper Wrote: So, is that why Sessions can't recall anything? He needs to drink less?  It would be interesting to see how many times he said "I can't recall" yesterday.  I can say that it was too fucking many times!  Rolling Eyes

Razz 25