Absolute Abuse Of Power By A Police Officer
http://bearingarms.com/want-expletive-re...legal-gun/

I am curious on this tribes take on this. I have my predictions that the conversation may fall on reversed roles from previous "Cop Abuse" topics.
(11-10-2014, 07:44 PM)Hugo Wrote: http://bearingarms.com/want-expletive-re...legal-gun/

I am curious on this tribes take on this. I have my predictions that the conversation may fall on reversed roles from previous "Cop Abuse" topics.

Really? I mean really"
This has been kicked to death.
But have it. We all get free space to do as we will.
(11-10-2014, 09:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-10-2014, 07:44 PM)Hugo Wrote: http://bearingarms.com/want-expletive-re...legal-gun/

Really? I mean really"

I read it and all I have to say is, If that punk looked anything like TV_GUY, then he deserved it.
Big Grin

Really? I mean really"

No really. Did you read it? What is your take on it?
(11-11-2014, 06:27 AM)Hugo Wrote:

Really? I mean really"

The cop was being a cop. Had there not been a video tape, the story would have been quite different and we would be reading why those punks deserved what they got. I'm glad the cop was caught on video and resigned.
(11-11-2014, 07:44 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(11-11-2014, 06:27 AM)Hugo Wrote:

Really? I mean really"

The cop was being a cop. Had there not been a video tape, the story would have been quite different and we would be reading why those punks deserved what they got. I'm glad the cop was caught on video and resigned.

"The cop being a cop". Well sure.
So some scum-bag guy somewhere rapes a woman and we say "A man being a man"?
No. We don't.
How many thousands of cops are in uniform? I don't know am not going to bother to Google it. But we shouldn't be shocked that there are a few are bad actors, and we can be thankful that almost always they get exposed.
We can hope that as time goes on we will have better tools to weed out these kind of problem people.
Until then, we should understand that our society is riddled with people who don't meet our expectations.
I too am glad this guy was caught and is no longer a cop. But to cast all police as bad, is to ignore the facts that most do serve and protect.
Cetus saying "a cop was just being a cop" Just proves his bigoted anti cop attitude.

He likes to and wants to pretend all cops are as bad as the tiny fraction of bad cops who are the ONLY cops we see here.
And the only cops Cletus will talk about.
Quote:A University of Utah nurse said she was assaulted and unlawfully arrested by Salt Lake City police officers in late July when she refused to let police take a blood sample from an unconscious crash victim who had been brought to the hospital.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-r...ng-to-give

Quote:...it was against the hospital's policy to take blood from an unconscious patient without a warrant, consent from the patient or if the patient has been under arrest.
(09-01-2017, 12:47 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:A University of Utah nurse said she was assaulted and unlawfully arrested by Salt Lake City police officers in late July when she refused to let police take a blood sample from an unconscious crash victim who had been brought to the hospital.

Quote:...it was against the hospital's policy to take blood from an unconscious patient without a warrant, consent from the patient or if the patient has been under arrest.

I saw this twice on Facebook. What I don't understand is why the hysterics from the nurse? That was no assault. The nurse was acting like an idiot.  Also why would this cops superiors order him to arrest the nurse. Also did the cops ever get the blood?
(09-01-2017, 01:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 12:47 PM)chuck white Wrote:

I saw this twice on Facebook. What I don't understand is why the hysterics from the nurse? That was no assault. The nurse was acting like an idiot.  Also why would this cops superiors order him to arrest the nurse. Also did the cops ever get the blood?

You've done it again. You thought you were watching the news when in fact your were watching "General Hospital".  Laughing
(11-11-2014, 12:33 PM)tvguy Wrote: Cetus saying "a cop was just being a cop" Just proves his bigoted anti cop attitude.

He likes to and wants to pretend all cops are as bad as the tiny fraction of bad cops who are the ONLY cops we see here.

Well, not all cops are bad for certain. But there is a certain degree to which they overreact.  A lot. AND Cops don't like to have their authority questioned. They can get quite pissy. Interesting (or not) is that the article focuses on the 2nd amendment rights but not the 4th which to me is the more important one here.  Did the search take place?  Or did the officer desist? What was the outcome?
(09-01-2017, 06:01 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-11-2014, 12:33 PM)tvguy Wrote: Cetus saying "a cop was just being a cop" Just proves his bigoted anti cop attitude.

Well, not all cops are bad for certain. But there is a certain degree to which they overreact.  A lot. AND Cops don't like to have their authority questioned. They can get quite pissy. Interesting (or not) is that the article focuses on the 2nd amendment rights but not the 4th which to me is the more important one here.  Did the search take place?  Or did the officer desist? What was the outcome?

I don't agree with tvguy or cletus. IMHO, there are plenty of good cops. But there are a lot of cops that are no good. And for me, "no good" means not being in it for the right reason(s). I truly believe that a very large percentage of cops should be disqualified from ever being a cop simply because they have a desire to be in a position of authority. 

If having authority gives you a boner... then please, don't become a cop. I guess I am being sexist here but I don't know the female term for "boner"... but the same goes for women cops... maybe even more so.

Wow! you're responding to a post almost three years old? Big Grin 

Still, it oddly fits right into the current event.
(09-01-2017, 06:14 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

What bumped it?
(09-01-2017, 06:17 PM)Juniper Wrote:

What bumped it?

This bumped it: https://www.yahoo.com/news/nurse-refuses...58251.html
(09-01-2017, 06:42 PM)GCG Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 06:17 PM)Juniper Wrote:

What bumped it?

This bumped it: https://www.yahoo.com/news/nurse-refuses...58251.html

I see.  Well, it still kind of holds.  It comes down to 4th amendment rights and cop attitudes - the 2nd amendment right. Cuzz was right!
The hospital won't take a wallet or ID out of a conscious drug or alcohol overdose because the person hasn't given consent.
(09-01-2017, 06:10 PM)GCG Wrote:

I don't agree with tvguy or cletus. IMHO, there are plenty of good cops. But there are a lot of cops that are no good. And for me, "no good" means not being in it for the right reason(s). I truly believe that a very large percentage of cops should be disqualified from ever being a cop simply because they have a desire to be in a position of authority. 

If having authority gives you a boner... then please, don't become a cop. I guess I am being sexist here but I don't know the female term for "boner"... but the same goes for women cops... maybe even more so.
Not sure with what I said you disagree with because I agree with everything you just said.
What bumped it?? LOL.. The problem here is Juniper didn't use the little green arrow thing that takes her to the NEW post.

as far as the nurse and the cop.. I'm pretty he was ordered to arrest her. As far as the law I believe they needed a warrant and I don't understand how they didn't know that or if they just thought they could get away with ignoring the law.

Juniper.... The hospital won't take a wallet or ID out of a conscious drug or alcohol overdose because the person hasn't given consent.

That doesn't pertain to this situation. When a person is suspected of being a drunk driver the blood alcohol content is dropping during all the time it takes to get a warrant.
Having said that it shouldn't take much time to get a warrant , they do it electronically now.
That's why there is urgency. But in this case I don't know of any reason to suspect the innocent victim.
(09-01-2017, 07:46 PM)tvguy Wrote: What bumped it?? LOL.. The problem here is Juniper didn't use the little green arrow thing that takes her to the NEW post.

Id be lost without the green arrow.