Chuck White?
Hopefully this fire wasn't at your place!

http://ktvl.com/news/local/firefighters-...aused-fire

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(10-10-2017, 07:56 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Hopefully this fire wasn't at your place!

No, it was down the street. About 8 engines drove past my house last night,
I went out and saw the sky lite up red. I had just looked at he fires in Santa Rosa and got worried. My friends got a 15 min. evacuation noticed and lost everything. I had to drive down the street to make sure it wasn't a wild fire on the hills.
(10-10-2017, 05:10 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 07:56 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Hopefully this fire wasn't at your place!

No, it was down the street. About 8 engines drove past my house last night,
I went out and saw the sky lite up red. I had just looked at he fires in Santa Rosa and got worried. My friends got a 15 min. evacuation noticed and lost everything. I had to drive down the street to make sure it wasn't a wild fire on the hills.

Phew!
Quote:The 21 people confirmed dead were from Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino and Yuba counties.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Th...269691.php

670 people have been reported missing in Sonoma County wildfires, Sheriff Rob Giordano said.
(10-11-2017, 12:06 PM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:The 21 people confirmed dead were from Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino and Yuba counties.

670 people have been reported missing in Sonoma County wildfires, Sheriff Rob Giordano said.

We can only hope most of them show up in shelters or other safe places. 
Here in The Valley of the Rogue we had to put up with some smoke.
Huston was ass deep in water.
Florida wind and water made a mess and wrecked havoc. 
The Caribbean got slammed.
Puerto Rico got flattened. 

We have been blessed.
(10-11-2017, 06:48 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

We have been blessed.

I don't know...yes. I'm blessed, my issues are small, but to me that smoke was a big deal. And it returned! Sad
Timber Products caught on fire last night.  The effect was pretty awful. Sometimes, like today, I wake up and think how awful I'm feeling. Today is one of them. Then I remember.  Smoke. Yep, I have my life but I'm becoming one of the "Sensitive Group".  Last night around 2.00 am I stepped out and it smelt like a pile of leaves had been burnt and then soaked with water.  Very heavy.  Very nasty.  But, no I didn't lose my home or have to evacuate.
(10-11-2017, 06:53 PM)Juniper Wrote:

We have been blessed.

I don't know...yes. I'm blessed, my issues are small, but to me that smoke was a big deal. And it returned! Sad
Timber Products caught on fire last night.  The effect was pretty awful. Sometimes, like today, I wake up and think how awful I'm feeling. Today is one of them. Then I remember.  Smoke. Yep, I have my life but I'm becoming one of the "Sensitive Group".  Last night around 2.00 am I stepped out and it smelt like a pile of leaves had been burnt and then soaked with water.  Very heavy.  Very nasty.  But, no I didn't lose my home or have to evacuate.

Perhaps it's time you should consider somewhere on the coast. I'd be there if my kids were not in school.
(10-11-2017, 07:48 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

We have been blessed.

Perhaps it's time you should consider somewhere on the coast. I'd be there if my kids were not in school.
I would have lived there but as far as employment opportunity I might as well move to Appalachia.

I did live in Tenmile  in the 80's. I moved the whole family there because I had a great job as an electrician at Reedsports new paper mill.
But when that ended I had to move back here and that totally sucked. IMO Our southern coast still seems like it's never grown much.
(10-11-2017, 08:19 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 06:53 PM)Juniper Wrote: I don't know...yes. I'm blessed, my issues are small, but to me that smoke was a big deal. And it returned! Sad

I would have lived there but as far as employment opportunity I might as well move to Appalachia.

I did live in Tenmile  in the 80's. I moved the whole family there because I had a great job as an electrician at Reedsports  new paper mill.
But when that ended I had to move back here and that totally sucked. IMO Our southern coast still seems like it's never grown much.

Not much growth for sure, but from what I recall of Tia's past comments, she works in a field that is needed in the coastal towns as much or more so than S.O. AND her kids are of adult age. I think she said a daughter is in the service industry and a son in the military so those shouldn't in themselves hinder a move to a healthier climate if they still live as a family unit most of the time. 

Moving anywhere  is never cheap or easy. The further the move, the more money and effort is required. At least you can drive there and most places can be reached in less than say an 8 hours.
(10-11-2017, 09:01 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 08:19 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 06:53 PM)Juniper Wrote: I don't know...yes. I'm blessed, my issues are small, but to me that smoke was a big deal. And it returned! Sad

I did live in Tenmile  in the 80's. I moved the whole family there because I had a great job as an electrician at Reedsports  new paper mill.

Not much growth for sure, but from what I recall of Tia's past comments, she works in a field that is needed in the coastal towns as much or more so than S.O. AND her kids are of adult age. I think she said a daughter is in the service industry and a son in the military so those shouldn't in themselves hinder a move to a healthier climate if they still live as a family unit most of the time. 

Moving anywhere  is never cheap or easy. The further the move, the more money and effort is required. At least you can drive there and most places can be reached in less than say an 8 hours.

Yeah I was just talking about the coast in general. It's only about 2 1/2 hours form Medford to Brookings. I'm ashamed that I don't go there more often.

We have been blessed.

I've thought about it.  Not a lot of job opportunities for me for what I can do.

We have been blessed.

Did ya go out at 2:00 AM to have a cigarette? Laughing

(j/k)
(10-12-2017, 05:44 AM)Hugo Wrote:

We have been blessed.

(j/k)

Nope, she got up to extract some metal from ore. Wink Razz

We have been blessed.

(j/k)

My daughter did!  My daughter works swing and often isn't home till 2. she stays up and watches her Ipad on the porch and smokes. I hear something and I go out to check. But a lot of times I get up just because there is a disturbance going on in the neighborhood. One night a couple of weeks ago, it was a man and a woman screaming...the woman screaming "HELP ME!"  Then the house 3 doors down had that stabbing.  Or the house two houses down from that caught fire and flames were shooting to the sky, or 3 down from that house where the police were all pointing their guns at a woman on her knees in the middle of the road. So, yeah, I get up in the middle of the night.
(10-12-2017, 06:57 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 12:06 PM)chuck white Wrote: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Th...269691.php

We have been blessed.

(j/k)

There is a mining technique, that uses azalea bushes to extract metal from the soil. They collect the leaves and burn them. The ash can have 5% nickle content.
(10-12-2017, 07:18 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 12:06 PM)chuck white Wrote: http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Th...269691.php

We have been blessed.

(j/k)

My daughter did!  My daughter works swing and often isn't home till 2. she stays up and watches her Ipad on the porch and smokes. I hear something and I go out to check. But a lot of times I get up just because there is a disturbance going on in the neighborhood. One night a couple of weeks ago, it was a man and a woman screaming...the woman screaming "HELP ME!"  Then the house 3 doors down had that stabbing.  Or the house two houses down from that caught fire and flames were shooting to the sky, or 3 down from that house where the police were all pointing their guns at a woman on her knees in the middle of the road. So, yeah, I get up in the middle of the night.

You can watch "cops" from your front porch without a TV.. Bad bad boy....
(10-12-2017, 12:10 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 06:48 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: We can only hope most of them show up in shelters or other safe places. 

We have been blessed.

(j/k)

There is a mining technique, that uses azalea bushes to extract metal from the soil. They collect the leaves and burn them. The ash can have 5% nickle content.
Interesting. Maybe it was worth it during the recession or when the price of nickle was higher.
(10-12-2017, 01:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:

(j/k)

Interesting. Maybe it was worth it during the recession or when the price of nickle was higher.

I think they can use it for gold too, not sure what the concentration gets too.
(10-12-2017, 05:02 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 05:44 AM)Hugo Wrote: Did ya go out at 2:00 AM to have a cigarette? Laughing

(j/k)

I think they can use it for gold too, not sure what the concentration gets too.
Have you ever panned for gold? If you are in an area where there is gold like the Applegate river. You can scrape dried moss off the boulders that are under water in the winter.
Wash the moss out in a bucket, pan the very fine dirt and black sand and you will find gold dust.

I always wondered if you took a whole barrel of that moss and burned it if you could then extract the gold from the ashes with one of those circle type gold extractors.. I forget what they call them.

(j/k)

Picking on me I say.