Santa Rosa Fires
(10-12-2017, 08:29 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:06 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 11:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 10:37 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 10:02 PM)chuck white Wrote: Well, I did say '"it's Gods punishment for something or another."

I figure it's only a matter of time, before some preacher dude, tells us what it was for.

And what? You will believe this "preacher dude"? 
People are suffering from loss of lives and valuable personal things. "Preacher dudes" distract from the harsh reality and cheapen the facts with their nonsense. 
And  an Act of God" is:
Acts of God provisions, also called “Force Majeure” clauses, relate to events outside human control, like flash floods, earthquakes, or other natural disasters. Generally, these provisions eliminate or limit liability for injuries or other losses resulting from such events.

Yeah I'm sure Chuck believes the preachers Rolling Eyes

People are suffering from loss of lives and valuable personal things. "Preacher dudes" distract from the harsh reality and cheapen the facts with their nonsense.

Ya think so Mr. Obvious?

I think your favorite sport is jumping on my ass. 
Did I misunderstand Chucks post:

"Yes,yes, an act of God.

But, what was he trying to tell us?"

My impression was he was making light of a situation that is too serious to have fun with. 
Or, maybe I simply don't "get" "what was he trying to tell us". 
Because these jerks who hold a bible in one hand and point to the sky with the other telling us god is punishing us for our sins are not a damn bit funny. And even less funny to those who have lost lives and things they value. 

But Chuck, if misread your post, please accept my apology. Maybe if you have time you could flush that out a little a let us know exactly what you intended to say. 

And TVguy, I'm not so sure you "got the point" either. But, all-knowing as you so often are, I should defer to your interpretation of a post you seemed to understand without question. 

As I re-read the thread, it appears to me Chuck invoked "God" because he was originally responding to TV's response to me on the question of PG&E.  I think Chuck did so because he ASSUMES I am religious or something just because I am a Conservative, and was hoping to tweak me.

BTW, your and TV's constant fucking battles are so tedious, they are probably solely responsible for the demise of this forum.......  Ninja

Laughing Laughing

Yeah, your comment about TVguy and me is probably dead right. That's going to stop. 

I have no idea what TVguy's post to you was supposed to mean, or what Chuck really wanted to express. (I took a guess and responded accordingly, maybe misreading his meaning, if he even intended to express one)  

Whatever: I have another question. You mentioned that downed power lines are responsible for these fires. I've been following this with a reasonable about of attention and I continue to hear that "the authorities" have yet to determine what kicked this thing off. Wondering where you got this.

LATER EDIT: 
Never mind: Found this at SF GATE. 

The causes of the fires ripping through Wine Country and beyond have not been determined, but investigators are looking into reports that strong winds knocked down numerous Pacific Gas and Electric Co. power lines between 9:20 and 10 p.m. on Sunday, about the time that some of the most damaging fires broke out in Napa and Sonoma counties, officials said Wednesday.
“We are investigating a number of potential causes, including whether reports of power lines falling down and electrical transformers exploding Sunday night may have caused some of the wildfires in the region,” said Janet Upton, deputy director of the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, also known as Cal Fire.
RE
PG&E spokeswoman Ari Vanrenen said the utility, which has mobilized nearly 800 repair workers to the North Bay, found downed power lines and poles broken by the windstorm. PG&E has reported all of those problems to Cal Fire, she said.

“These destructive winds, along with millions of trees weakened by years of drought and recent renewed vegetation growth from winter storms, all contributed to some trees, branches and debris impacting our electric lines across the North Bay,” Vanrenen said in an email. She did not address whether the damaged equipment might have triggered any of the fires.
Investigators will need time to determine the cause, Cal Fire officials said. Accidental factors — a campfire blown out of control, a carelessly tossed cigarette — cannot yet be ruled out. Neither can arson.
(10-12-2017, 08:43 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:29 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:06 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 11:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-11-2017, 10:37 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: And what? You will believe this "preacher dude"? 
And  an Act of God" is:
Acts of God provisions, also called “Force Majeure” clauses, relate to events outside human control, like flash floods, earthquakes, or other natural disasters. Generally, these provisions eliminate or limit liability for injuries or other losses resulting from such events.

Yeah I'm sure Chuck believes the preachers Rolling Eyes

Ya think so Mr. Obvious?

I think your favorite sport is jumping on my ass. 
Did I misunderstand Chucks post:

"Yes,yes, an act of God.

But, what was he trying to tell us?"

My impression was he was making light of a situation that is too serious to have fun with. 
Or, maybe I simply don't "get" "what was he trying to tell us". 
Because these jerks who hold a bible in one hand and point to the sky with the other telling us god is punishing us for our sins are not a damn bit funny. And even less funny to those who have lost lives and things they value. 

But Chuck, if misread your post, please accept my apology. Maybe if you have time you could flush that out a little a let us know exactly what you intended to say. 

And TVguy, I'm not so sure you "got the point" either. But, all-knowing as you so often are, I should defer to your interpretation of a post you seemed to understand without question. 

As I re-read the thread, it appears to me Chuck invoked "God" because he was originally responding to TV's response to me on the question of PG&E.  I think Chuck did so because he ASSUMES I am religious or something just because I am a Conservative, and was hoping to tweak me.

BTW, your and TV's constant fucking battles are so tedious, they are probably solely responsible for the demise of this forum.......  Ninja

Laughing Laughing

Yeah, your comment about TVguy and me is probably dead right. That's going to stop. 

I have no idea what TVguy's post to you was supposed to mean, or what Chuck really wanted to express. (I took a guess and responded accordingly, maybe misreading his meaning, if he even intended to express one)  

Whatever: I have another question. You mentioned that downed power lines are responsible for these fires. I've been following this with a reasonable about of attention and I continue to hear that "the authorities" have yet to determine what kicked this thing off. Wondering where you got this.

LATER EDIT: 
Never mind: Found this at SF GATE. 

The causes of the fires ripping through Wine Country and beyond have not been determined, but investigators are looking into reports that strong winds knocked down numerous Pacific Gas and Electric Co. power lines between 9:20 and 10 p.m. on Sunday, about the time that some of the most damaging fires broke out in Napa and Sonoma counties, officials said Wednesday.
“We are investigating a number of potential causes, including whether reports of power lines falling down and electrical transformers exploding Sunday night may have caused some of the wildfires in the region,” said Janet Upton, deputy director of the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, also known as Cal Fire.
RE
PG&E spokeswoman Ari Vanrenen said the utility, which has mobilized nearly 800 repair workers to the North Bay, found downed power lines and poles broken by the windstorm. PG&E has reported all of those problems to Cal Fire, she said.

“These destructive winds, along with millions of trees weakened by years of drought and recent renewed vegetation growth from winter storms, all contributed to some trees, branches and debris impacting our electric lines across the North Bay,” Vanrenen said in an email. She did not address whether the damaged equipment might have triggered any of the fires.
Investigators will need time to determine the cause, Cal Fire officials said. Accidental factors — a campfire blown out of control, a carelessly tossed cigarette — cannot yet be ruled out. Neither can arson.

Maybe, it because they cut down all the old growth trees in Santa Rosa

Yes, I was  "making light of a situation that is too serious to have fun with. "
That is why I'm not allowed at funerals.
Yes Chuck was joking for fucks sake. And NO ONE needed to be schooled about what idiot preachers are saying FFS

The humor missed it's mark for you ( what a shocker). Chuck was making fun of the preachers FFS

Hugo... Maybe you are right.
(10-12-2017, 01:03 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yes Chuck was joking for fucks sake. And NO ONE needed to be schooled about what idiot preachers are saying FFS

The humor missed it's mark for you ( what a shocker). Chuck was making fun of the preachers FFS

Hey TVguy...Who asked you?  Razz
(10-12-2017, 02:20 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 01:03 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yes Chuck was joking for fucks sake. And NO ONE needed to be schooled about what idiot preachers are saying FFS

It a lot of fun at a open casket funeral, if you jump up and say " I think he moved".
(10-12-2017, 05:05 PM)chuck white Wrote:

It a lot of fun at a open casket funeral, if you jump up and say " I think he moved".

That's not funny Chuck Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
(10-12-2017, 05:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:

The body count in Northern California is still climbing, and no one knows yet the number of missing people. So Chuck, my guess is you should work on your act before taking it on the road. Timing is everything.
Can you imagine this place if Wonky was given Moderator status?
(10-12-2017, 06:56 PM)Juniper Wrote: Can you imagine this place if Wonky was given Moderator status?

Well, the Topic IS "Santa Rosa Fires" and people are dying and missing. I don't give a flying fig that you return to the worn out "moderator" mantra. Chuck's little joke would be funny in another context. I don't think it's a bit funny here. 
But laugh until you have trouble breathing, and then think about the suffering of real people we are thinking about in this Topic. And yes, your ARE blessed.

(CNN)The misery and heartbreak caused by nearly two dozen wildfires devastating homes and lives in Northern California isn't going to end anytime soon, officials said. 
"We're not even close to being out of this emergency," Mark Ghilarducci, the director of California's Office of Emergency Services, said Thursday afternoon.
The largest fires are still burning with little containment and the weather has not helped the thousands of firefighters battling those deadly blazes and new ones that pop up each day.

"We are a long way from being done with this catastrophe," Cal Fire Director Ken Pimlott said. Fires, which have killed 31 people, were burning erratically Thursday, he said. 
Authorities were concerned about new Red Flag warnings that said winds were going to pick up this week.
(10-12-2017, 07:06 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 06:56 PM)Juniper Wrote: Can you imagine this place if Wonky was given Moderator status?

Well, the Topic IS "Santa Rosa Fires" and people are dying and missing. I don't give a flying fig that you return to the worn out "moderator" mantra. Chuck's little joke would be funny in another context. I don't think it's a bit funny here. 
But laugh until you have trouble breathing, and then think about the suffering of real people we are thinking about in this Topic. And yes, your ARE blessed.  Wink

?? Unsure
(10-12-2017, 07:26 PM)Juniper Wrote:

But laugh until you have trouble breathing, and then think about the suffering of real people we are thinking about in this Topic. And yes, your ARE blessed.  Wink

?? Unsure

If you have questions about that, there is nothing I can do to help.
(10-12-2017, 07:29 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 07:26 PM)Juniper Wrote:

?? Unsure

If you have questions about that, there is nothing I can do to help.

Oh. Thank GOD!
(10-12-2017, 06:53 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

The body count in Northern California is still climbing, and no one knows yet the number of missing people. So Chuck, my guess is you should work on your act before taking it on the road. Timing is everything.

The anti cigarette people should jump on this. After all many of the people were smoking when they died.

I could go on, but I don't want to get burnt out.
Razz
(10-12-2017, 08:23 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 02:20 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Hey TVguy...Who asked you?  Razz

The anti cigarette people should jump on this. After all many of the people were smoking when they died.

Razz

You have no shame.
(10-12-2017, 08:40 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:23 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 05:05 PM)chuck white Wrote: It a lot of fun at a open casket funeral, if you jump up and say " I think he moved".

Razz

You have no shame.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of friends down there.  My Friend Kurt, lived right in the middle of that. He used to have BBQ parties every weekend. Man, he knew how to cook.

I also knew a married couple down there, what a match they were.

It would have had no pulse long ago.
(10-13-2017, 09:10 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

Not to worry Scrapper, I have no interest in "moderating" anything. 
I think you should feel free to continue posting the many graphics you get from other places that allow you to post without actually presenting any personal views that might add to the discussion here.

By the way, you might someday post photos of some of the "scrapbooks" that you take your forum name from.  Razz
(10-13-2017, 09:33 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I think you should feel free to continue posting the many graphics you get from other places that allow you to post without actually presenting any personal views that might add to the discussion here.

By the way, you might someday post photos of some of the "scrapbooks" that you take your forum name from.  Razz

I haven't scrapbooked in awhile.  Now days, when I do, I keep it to digi-scrap.  Here's one for you... I made it yesterday in under 5 minutes; through tears; my BFF since 3rd grade passed away yesterday morning... he was 59 and the sweetest, funniest man ever!  I'm heartbroken.

[Image: 22489743_10214057488692486_2468516164619...e=5A6E7FB2]

Have a great day!
(10-13-2017, 10:02 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 09:33 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I haven't scrapbooked in awhile.  Now days, when I do, I keep it to digi-scrap.  Here's one for you... I made it yesterday in under 5 minutes; through tears; my BFF since 3rd grade passed away yesterday morning... he was 59 and the sweetest, funniest man ever!  I'm heartbroken.

[Image: 22489743_10214057488692486_2468516164619...e=5A6E7FB2]

Have a great day!

Sorry for your loss. Judging from the photos, he was an interesting man.
Hey, Wonky you said this thread was about the Santa Rosa fires and the missing and injured. But....what you are doing is aiming personal digs at people.

Scrapper, I didn't get from your collage there, (sorry for your loss), if that person was a victim of the fires?

Anyway I always liked the interpretation was that your name was because you were "scrappy". Smiling